UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White trashes Werdum, gives Browne excuses

4/20/14 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAIOGIC
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/14 11:58 AM

Translation: "I really, really wanted Travis Browne to win."

EDIT: From my reply below - Calling a dominant performance where Werdum beat Travis on the feet for most of the fight "safe" is trashing the man.  He fought Travis 90% of the time in the most dangerous place for him.

From the post-fight press conference (imagine red faced Dana post-JDS vs. Cain 1) via Bloody Elbow:

"He fought a safe fight to guarantee the [title shot]. I think he could have finished Travis, but Travis is a tough guy. They think he broke his rib in the first round. That would explain it. He definitely has a broken hand."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/20/5632754/ufc-dana-white-fabricio-werdum-travis-browne-played-it-safe-news

4/20/14 11:54 AM
frivolous1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Trashing"...Exaggerate much? Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 11:55 AM
Kirik
1748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

The title and the content do not rationally go together.

I see a bright future for you substitutin for Chris in the UG Blog.

4/20/14 11:57 AM
garrote
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The medical suspension for Browne only mentions a cut and a broken nose. Nothing about his hand or rib. Wonder why Dana is saying that. Phone Post 3.0
Vinnie G
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Haha, wow. Phone Post 3.0
MMAIOGIC
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frivolous1 - "Trashing"...Exaggerate much? Phone Post 3.0

Calling a dominant performance where he beat Travis on the feet for most of the fight "safe" is trashing the man.

4/20/14 11:58 AM
MMAIOGIC

Kirik - 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

4/20/14 12:00 PM
WayneGrow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAIOGIC -
frivolous1 - "Trashing"...Exaggerate much? Phone Post 3.0

Calling a dominant performance where he beat Travis on the feet for most of the fight "safe" is trashing the man.

He did the same to Overeem and people went nuts Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:00 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know, what Dana is saying seems pretty accurate to anyone that watched the fight. I'm not saying he def would have finished Browne but anyone clear as day can see Werdum coasted the last couple of rounds in that fight. I certainly don't blame him either, but I don't think you can deny he did it.

4/20/14 12:01 PM
StrikingMMA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

LMAO

In fairness Werdum beat on him all night. It would have been foolish to stay in there looking for a finish and risk catching a bomb.

To me this make Werdum and even better fighter because fought smart. Why give the other guy help in landing a hail Mary punch by trading with him. Fighting smart and defensive is why PBF is considered the best boxer by most boxing fans.

4/20/14 12:01 PM
gabemadrid
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't watched the post fight. However he should be throwing praise on Werdum. That was an exceptional display of asskickery and will sell more PPVs than Browne. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:04 PM
MMAIOGIC

Edited: 04/20/14 12:04 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife - 

I don't know, what Dana is saying seems pretty accurate to anyone that watched the fight. I'm not saying he def would have finished Browne but anyone clear as day can see Werdum coasted the last couple of rounds in that fight. I certainly don't blame him either, but I don't think you can deny he did it.

Werdum landed the second most of his significant strikes in the fifth round!  TOTALLY COASTING!

4/20/14 12:04 PM
DW
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

Thats why your the boss, boss.

4/20/14 12:05 PM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

OP: Why would Dana/Zuffa prefer Browne win knowing full well Cain is set to come back for the MEXICO card and coach TUF Latino? You do realize Werdum is a HUGE face of UFC south of the border and is fluent in spanish....no? Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:06 PM
frivolous1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_CloudStrife -

Agreed, exactly what I thought during the fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:08 PM
Vikingknee

When I watched the press conference I didn't see Dana as "trashing" werdum whatsoever. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:10 PM
gabemadrid
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - OP: Why would Dana/Zuffa prefer Browne win knowing full well Cain is set to come back for the MEXICO card and coach TUF Latino? You do realize Werdum is a HUGE face of UFC south of the border and is fluent in spanish....no? Phone Post 3.0
Speaks way better Spanish than Cain Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:12 PM
Good Sir
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have thought that Dana would be happy that Werdum won, regardless. You have the perfect opponent to face Cain when the UFC enters Mexico and the guy brings it, what more do you want? Fuckin' egg.
4/20/14 12:14 PM
SuMBJJ

Kirik -

Hall of fame post here. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:15 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like a fairly mild (if unwarranted) criticism to me, and I really dislike Dana.

I would hardly call it 'trashing'

4/20/14 12:19 PM
pidgey
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - OP: Why would Dana/Zuffa prefer Browne win knowing full well Cain is set to come back for the MEXICO card and coach TUF Latino? You do realize Werdum is a HUGE face of UFC south of the border and is fluent in spanish....no? Phone Post 3.0
Because Werdum is one of the last Pride heroes and he TRASHED his growing new UFC star, from pillar to post.
He mad. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:25 PM
Alumynabjj

DW - 
Kirik - 

Thats why your the boss, boss.

Dana White is the boss of this site, Kirik is only the onsite manager.
4/20/14 12:28 PM
Alumynabjj

pidgey - 
Because Werdum is one of the last Pride heroes and he TRASHED his growing new UFC star, from pillar to post.
He mad. Phone Post 3.0

lol, what? Werdum has been fighting in the UFC since 2007. Do you honestly believe anyone recognizes him primarily a pride fighter?
4/20/14 12:32 PM
Bin6h4m

When asked if Gina deserves an immediate title fight he is all for it like it's the most obvious thing to do. Then when asked about Cruz he pulls the "He should take a non title fight first IMHO". Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:32 PM
BeauTown

Ok Dana wasn't trashing werdum , he said he thought werdum could have finished Travis but he coasted through, werdum himself said he played it safe cause it was a important fight! Dana said about Browne he THINKS he broke his rib and said that would explain why he gassed in the first round! You people like to say things to make them sound worse than they are Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.