UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FOX 11 pulls 1.98 overnight; lowest overnight yet

4/20/14 1:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of any FOX show. Yikes.

4/20/14 1:43 PM
Captfireeyes
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Don't worry, the UFC is better than ever and still growing in popularity"
- Watch Bellator on Spike/if it ain't dutch/other shills Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 1:44 PM
thewellhungarian
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easter weekend, and boxng probably had something to do with that

JudoknowNothing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source?

NBA first round games didnt help Phone Post 3.0
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does this prove that you need titles on the line or at least Road to the Octagon to maximize viewership?

I mean, Johnson vs Moraga did better numbers than this card. Kinda crazy to think about that.

4/20/14 1:45 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Ouch

* iguana farting in bathtub gif *
4/20/14 1:45 PM

JudoknowNothing - Source?

NBA first round games didnt help Phone Post 3.0

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/20/5633828/ufc-on-fox-11-pulls-1-98-million-viewers-in-overnight-ratings-marking

4/20/14 1:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really care what the ratings are since I don't work for Zuffa.

But it obviously wasn't going to do great without a title fight or big name in the main event, a very mediocre female fight as the other fight they were pushing, and competing with the NBA and NHL playoffs Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 1:48 PM
MMAIOGIC
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - Ouch

* iguana farting in bathtub gif *

4/20/14 1:51 PM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great event. Was stoked afterward for quite awhile.
4/20/14 1:53 PM
jfw jr
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the NHL and NBA in playoffs last night, you can't except much better. IMO
4/20/14 1:54 PM
Chi City
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

Does this prove that you need titles on the line or at least Road to the Octagon to maximize viewership?

I mean, Johnson vs Moraga did better numbers than this card. Kinda crazy to think about that.

There was a road to the octogan for this card. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 1:54 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They did a Road to the Octagon last week. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 1:55 PM
MMA Playwright
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For what it's worth, I watched it and liked it.
4/20/14 1:57 PM
TopGrinder

Ouch this downward trend his hitting hard in all UFC aspects. Even with the fox push on their major network shows like American idol have not translated into numbers. UFC is cold right now in North America despite what the shills say.

The captains of the ship Dana and Lorenzo are steering the UFC into am iceberg. It's time for a shakeup at the top of the chain and a new clear plan needs to be implemented. In general fans are quite unhappy with the quality of the UFC product. Fans are losing interest rapidly. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 1:59 PM
caposa
1838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great card, but I'm not surprised by this. The general public doesn't give a shit about Werdum or Travis Browne.

The UFC has to stop being so short-sighted and put some BIG fights/fighters on FOX if they want to prove their value and/or try to regain some traction. WHY THE FUCK isn't something like Rousey-Davis not a FOX main event? They're more concerned with PPV buys and World Fucking Domination than trying to rebuild interest in the US. Maybe they've given up.

4/20/14 2:05 PM
Captfireeyes
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder - Ouch this downward trend his hitting hard in all UFC aspects. Even with the fox push on their major network shows like American idol have not translated into numbers. UFC is cold right now in North America despite what the shills say.

The captains of the ship Dana and Lorenzo are steering the UFC into am iceberg. It's time for a shakeup at the top of the chain and a new clear plan needs to be implemented. In general fans are quite unhappy with the quality of the UFC product. Fans are losing interest rapidly. Phone Post 3.0
But MMAlogic and If it ain't dutch told me the UFC were better than ever and still growing in popularity... But seriously, if Bellator is going to be dead in six months due to them being the lowest rated program on spike according to Zuffalogic, what does it mean when the UFC becomes the lowest rated show on big FOX? I doubt their contract gets renewed, and if it does it will be for much less than $700 million. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 2:08 PM
Chris27

caposa - 

It was a great card, but I'm not surprised by this. The general public doesn't give a shit about Werdum or Travis Browne.

The UFC has to stop being so short-sighted and put some BIG fights/fighters on FOX if they want to prove their value and/or try to regain some traction. WHY THE FUCK isn't something like Rousey-Davis not a FOX main event? They're more concerned with PPV buys and World Fucking Domination than trying to rebuild interest in the US. Maybe they've given up.

Dont think they've given up by any means in the uS but I think since they have the FOx deal the focus is clearly on other countries instead of relying just on the US.

TUF Brazil is doing double the ratings of the biggest Fox show Cain/JDS, think about that, TUF is doing double the ratings Cain/JDS did on Big Fox.

171 did over 4 million viewers in Mexico, TUF China did 5 million viewers.  Its about getting those markets started for the future.

Maybe the feel they peaked in teh US years ago and its not gonna get bigger here so they can get what they can get and you still have a few million fans who will watch fights but its about the rest of the world now.

They really got the Fox deal a few years too late, if they had it back when they were doing 9 mill buys in a year they could afford to put a big name, a GSP or someone on Fox cause they were doing so well with every PPV.

Now with no GSP, no Silva they cant afford to put Ronda or Jones or Cain on fox and give up PPV buys.  They also have so many cards they have to put all the heavier healthy champs on PPV.  they are so fucked they have to put MM vs Ali as a main event of a PPV. 

They picked the wrong year to expand their events.  They should expand and focus more internationally but it should be slow, a few extra evens a year.  Dont go from 30 something to 50 in one year. 

4/20/14 2:10 PM
cdmontgo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They just had an event on Wednesday.
4/20/14 2:11 PM
BrattMamley
1329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

VU Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 2:17 PM
Riddlius

Great, expect a 900% increase in anti-Bellator threads/posts now to take the focus off these numbers.

Honestly I didn't think this card would appeal to "fringe fans" so I was expecting these kind of ratings. Too bad, people missed an entertaining card but it needed more recognizable names I think for a Fox event.
4/20/14 2:18 PM
titoc123

caposa -

My thoughts exactly Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 2:21 PM
Molsonmuscle360
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not bad considering it was up against 2 hockey games, 2 basketball games, a bunch of baseball and boxing for the same demographic.  ANd hockey and basketball are both in the playoffs, so the games are a bit more important then the implications on the card overall last night.

If it had a title fight it would have pulled more for sure.

4/20/14 2:21 PM
TexDeuce
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA is oversaturatrd. Bottom line. Too many damn fights unless you are a hardcore fan. I'm hardcore and have stopped caring about many of these fights. Too many fighters too many fights too many events.

I used to think I wanted more MMA. Now I miss the days of having one badass card per month with fighters we know and all meaningful fights. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 2:22 PM

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

They did a Road to the Octagon last week. Phone Post 3.0

Oh. How did I miss that?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.