UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Carano deserves Rousey fight on day one

4/20/14 7:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last week Dana White met with Gina Carano to discuss her fighting future and finally this weekend he expanded on their conversation to the media:

"I'm confident that we will (sign her) but we'??ll see what happens,"?? White said. "Until we have a deal, we're not even thinking about anything.

"I feel like it's going to happen, but crazier s--t has happened."

"Wait till you guys here what this girl has to say," White teased.  "It's absolutely fascinating talking to her.  I don't ever use this word ever, I don't think I've ever used it in my life -- she's one of the most charming human beings that I have ever met.  When you sit down and listen to what she has to say about fighting, it's awesome."

"I do think she does (deserve Ronda on day one)," White said. "She's legit, everybody knows she's legit.  When I met with her, if some of these people said half the s--t to me that she said to me when we met, I'd love it.  I love what she had to say and I'm excited.  I hope I get a deal done with her."

read entire article...

4/20/14 7:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eXtv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is some sort of long running gag, right guys?

...Guys?
4/20/14 7:27 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda by armbar. Round one, just like (most of) the others.

4/20/14 7:29 PM
Glovegate

The UFC has become a joke.
4/20/14 7:34 PM
Vader03
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love gina but she has never made 135 either which is the "logic" for not wanting to bring in cyborg. If gina deserves ronda day one then there is no question cyborg does too right? No debate. Bring gina a d cyborg in then! Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:35 PM
stainlesssteel

Edited: 04/20/14 7:35 PM

Please let's remember this is the same guy who touted Patrick Cummings as a legit threat to Daniel Cormier.

4/20/14 7:37 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina getting an immediate title shot after several years of inactivity and a loss to Cyborg, the best female fighter in the world, who has been active and amazing ever since? What an unfair amount of bullsh1t. Let's face it guys... Gina is hot, but her charm and charisma is no better than anyone else's and her skill level isn't near Ronda's or Cyborg's...

My advice to the UFC brass is yes, become interesting an entertaining, but do it tactfully and with integrity. Don't let Gina butt in front of the talented pool of females who are much more deserving than Gina.
4/20/14 7:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's pretty clear that this division is just a prop to promote Rousey. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:41 PM
MITman2k
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/14 7:41 PM

In other words:

4/20/14 7:43 PM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - The UFC has become a joke.
The biggest fight for Ronda is an actress who hasn't fought in 5 years and a chick who outweighs her by 10 pounds that they want no part of. Dana didn't want women in the UFC because of lack of depth. They decide to make the Rondaweight division and now 3 fights later, no one to fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:45 PM
Glovegate

Captfireeyes - 
The biggest fight for Ronda is an actress who hasn't fought in 5 years and a chick who outweighs her by 10 pounds that they want no part of. Dana didn't want women in the UFC because of lack of depth. They decide to make the Rondaweight division and now 3 fights later, no one to fight. Phone Post 3.0

Except a bunch of blown up 125'ers.

It's no coincidence they're not making that division. All the more women in the wrong weight class to get forced up 10 lbs to Rondaweight.
the CREamcatcher

Delusional.
StrikingMMA
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC is turning itself into a joke.
4/20/14 7:46 PM
BeauTown

SgtJustinTeplitz - Gina getting an immediate title shot after several years of inactivity and a loss to Cyborg, the best female fighter in the world, who has been active and amazing ever since? What an unfair amount of bullsh1t. Let's face it guys... Gina is hot, but her charm and charisma is no better than anyone else's and her skill level isn't near Ronda's or Cyborg's...

My advice to the UFC brass is yes, become interesting an entertaining, but do it tactfully and with integrity. Don't let Gina butt in front of the talented pool of females who are much more deserving than Gina.
Who would she be butting infront of? Rousey has pretty much cleared the division after Davis , there is Zigano but who knows when she will return, I beleive if cyborg could make 135 she should get a fight on day one aswel! At the end of the day people want to see Rousey vs Carano I definetly do, the hype and build up would be great, same with Rousey vs cyborg ! I don't see a problem with either of these 2 "butting" infront of the rest Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:47 PM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA -
The UFC is turning itself into a joke.
Been going that way since UFC 151 IMO, possible sooner. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:50 PM
Captfireeyes

Glovegate -
Captfireeyes - 

Except a bunch of blown up 125'ers.

It's no coincidence they're not making that division. All the more women in the wrong weight class to get forced up 10 lbs to Rondaweight.
125ers move up to fight Ronda = good
Ronda moves up 10 pounds to fight in a division she used to fight at and make the biggest fight in women's combat sports history = nooooooo!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:50 PM
the CREamcatcher

It's funny how fake and absurd the UFC makes itself look when the UFC wants something, but the sport deserves something different.

So the whole idea of sport is nonexistent in the UFC right now.

When you don't sign Ben Askren, because he's not one of your guys, then you want throw Gina into a fight she absolutely doesn't deserve against Rousey, since she's "so charming" is just a massive joke.

Freakshow fight.
4/20/14 7:51 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeauTown -
SgtJustinTeplitz - Gina getting an immediate title shot after several years of inactivity and a loss to Cyborg, the best female fighter in the world, who has been active and amazing ever since? What an unfair amount of bullsh1t. Let's face it guys... Gina is hot, but her charm and charisma is no better than anyone else's and her skill level isn't near Ronda's or Cyborg's...

Who would she be butting infront of? Rousey has pretty much cleared the division after Davis , there is Zigano but who knows when she will return, I beleive if cyborg could make 135 she should get a fight on day one aswel! At the end of the day people want to see Rousey vs Carano I definetly do, the hype and build up would be great, same with Rousey vs cyborg ! I don't see a problem with either of these 2 "butting" infront of the rest Phone Post 3.0
Why do you care about the buildup of a fight that is a total mismatch? It wouldn't even last a minute.

Plus it says a lot about a division when it can be cleaned out in 4 fights to where you need someone who's never fought in the division and has been retired for 5 years to have someone to fight. There's talent out there the UFC could sign to boost this division and they are actively going out of there way to not sign it. Why are people okay with this? Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:54 PM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

PRIDE never die!!! So much more legit...no undeserving match ups, no foul play, no freak shows. Pure...

Wait what? Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:57 PM
JudoknowNothing

Ironically while some people say this is pathetic; the popularity and ppv numbers this fight would draw will be through the roof! And why is that? Cause people will watch, now who's fault is that??

Power of the people Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:57 PM
GregBell
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it is what it is im sure Gina will get taken care of wish Dana would go hard for Cyborg but I understand why he doesn't and why hes geeked to have His star beat Gina and why he doesn't want to Risk Gina getting beat by somebody else. Put yourself in Dana's shoes you'd be pretty excited too.
4/20/14 7:58 PM
GregBell
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/14 8:00 PM
dbl
4/20/14 7:59 PM
ranier wolfcastle
889 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gina does not deserve it

4/20/14 7:59 PM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 8:02 PM
Decimated
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeauTown - 

Hey Ronda, fuck you, put five pounds of meat on your nice ass and bring it up to 140.  Why is everyone treating your current fighting weight of 135 as some sacred law of phyiscs like it's the shiitting sound barrier or something.  Why does every girl have to drop down, starved?  F U biatch.  get some muscle mass on and fight girls on more even terms.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.