UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Travis Browne hand x-ray released

4/21/14 9:14 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the UFC on FOX 11 post-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White discussed Fabricio Werdum defeat of Travis Browne in the main event.

"He picked him apart," said White as transcribed by MMAFighting. "He fought a safe fight to guarantee he was going to get the [title shot]. I think he could have finished Travis, but Travis is a tough guy.

"My question was, how did Travis gas out two-and-a-half minutes into the first round? And they think he has a broken rib, they think he broke his rib in the first round. That would explain it. He definitely has a broken hand."

"I don't think we saw all of Werdum's tools tonight. I think he had him hurt in the first round, and now we know he might have a broken rib which totally explains why he would gas out halfway through the first round. It's a testament to how tough that guy is. To try and fight five rounds with a broken rib, that totally makes sense.

"I think Werdum played it safe tonight to guarantee that title shot, who knows what happens when he fights Cain. Because Cain is going to come right after him 100 percent. And, I'll tell you this too, any questions about Werdum's chin probably go away after that big shot he took in that first round. He got hit with a big right hand. I thought he was done, I thought the fight was about to be over, but he came back."

Werdum appeared at the post-fight press conference, but Browne did not. He was instead transported to the hospital.

When the Florida State Athletic Commission released the list of suspensions, there was no mention of a broken rib or hand.

However, BJJ coach Ricky Lundell posted an image clearly showing that the hand was indeed broken. 

Ricky Lundell @Rickylundell
Update on @travisbrowneMMA : Here's the hand break pic from when Browne dropped Werdum in Round 1 on #UFConFOX11 #ufc 

Ricky Lundell @Rickylundell
@travisbrowneMMA Mental toughness off the charts!!! I'm a proud #teambrowne member! 

@Cadu_Bruna
Whos to say it was in the 1st round? @danawhite @travisbrowneMMA

Corner recording between r1 &2...haha, lol

•@arielhelwani only a coaches pride4his athletes HEART/fan update. No excuses, Werdum won.@travisbrowneMMA s truly a gritty man& Im impressed
•"@arielhelwani" Werdum beat Browne. Its no secret. And Nothing changes/belittles victory. This update is just 2give fan facts on how/when the injuries took place& 4those caring about Browne's recovery.@ufc = best fans worldwide

4/21/14 9:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
knee smash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These Rick Lundell twitter posts are embarrassing Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 9:34 AM
GaspareBJJ
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe Dana said that shit....I'm a big Dana White fan, but that dude is an egg Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 9:36 AM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't Dom Cruz fight and win with broken hands all the time? you don't hear him complaining, ever. Why? because he's a winner. Browne always has an excuse after he has a bad performance, his comments post Bigfoot knockout were embarassing.

4/21/14 9:38 AM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be fair to Browne this time though, it's his team doing the whining this time. Werdum had your boys number, dry your eyes Ricky. 

4/21/14 9:47 AM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was his gas tank that really fucked him. He would have zero chance against Cain with his cardio. At least Werdum was able to display good cardio. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 9:56 AM
WayneGrow

NO EXCUSES BABY!!!!!!!!!

EXCEPT FOR A HUGE POSTER!!!

4/21/14 9:57 AM
Sackhole
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha ^^
4/21/14 10:02 AM
WayneGrow

NO ONE WILL STAND IN HIS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCEPT WERDUM!!!!!

4/21/14 10:02 AM
BeauTown

Did Browne make excuses ? Or was it his team? Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 10:07 AM
Kid Charlemagne
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://instagram.com/p/m_0S2xPelZ/ Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 10:07 AM
Kid Charlemagne
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's what Rick posted on his instagram^ Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 10:11 AM
Wilson_20
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was it a werdum knee that broke his rib? Can't use that as an excuse. It's a fight Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 10:12 AM
46and2degrees

I don't understand why fighters don't use a more vertical punch. Jack Dempsey had this figured out years ago. Phone Post 3.0
WayneGrow

BeauTown - Did Browne make excuses ? Or was it his team? Phone Post 3.0

Im just busting balls.  

stanneh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure he was throwing spinning shit after round one.
4/21/14 10:21 AM
KidPittsburgh
1148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate how posting pics of your broken (whatever) is the new thing to do after losses.
4/21/14 10:23 AM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Browne took a loss like a man, but his coaches...
4/21/14 10:25 AM
Brockback Mountain
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Browne is cool.

But he got stunted on in the striking dept. broken hand or no.
4/21/14 10:31 AM
FEDORallDAY
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada -

Doesn't Dom Cruz fight and win with broken hands all the time? you don't hear him complaining, ever. Why? because he's a winner. Browne always has an excuse after he has a bad performance, his comments post Bigfoot knockout were embarassing.

THIS Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 11:45 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he could go all the way but he gassed bad towards the end, i think cain would love the chance to.fight him haha. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 12:33 PM
RyannVonDoom

GaspareBJJ - I can't believe Dana said that shit....I'm a big Dana White fan, but that dude is an egg Phone Post 3.0
How is it you're a dana white fan? what does he truly do? Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 12:33 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - 

to be fair, Cruz doesnt throw bombs that knock dudes out like these HW's do!
4/21/14 12:37 PM
goldenboyart

So where is the photo of his "broken rib"?

All these excuses from his Coach really make Brown look bad.

Werdum beat the shit out of Travis, broken hand or not and all these excuses are just BULLSHIT. I enjoy watching Brown fight but these horse shit excuses of why he gassed and got his ass beat is just pathetic.

Stop the freaking excuses. Give props to Werdum who showed excellent ground and striking. Why take away from his well earned victory.

and Dana's as ass-hat with the "could have put him away and showed all his tools rant". Dana is a Fool.
4/21/14 12:44 PM
FreeVNasty

wait, that picture with browne's face wasn't made by a fan or something satirizing people making excuses for Browne's performance, but by his coach???

that's kind of sad honestly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.