UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Chick bragging about not changing last name

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
4/22/14 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zenoplata
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some dumb bitch on my Facebook posted this article, and bragged about how annoying it was when people asked her why she refused to change her last name or why she doesn't want kids.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/reflective-bride/why-im-not-changing-my-la_b_5172581.html

I responded, "Then you shouldn't get a $10,000 ring. In fact you should buy the guy a Rollex."

My comment was promptly deleted, in fact anything contrary to her opinion quickly gets deleted. I guess when you are an annoying feminazi bitch then you have to do things to validate your lack of logic?

One of the things I will agree with EVILYOSHIDA about is that women in this country have gotten out of control, they have no sense of female identity.
4/22/14 1:11 PM
Zenoplata
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll post pics when I get home as well.

I hooked up with this chick back in like '06 or '07, she wouldn't blow me on the beach though. No nudes of her, sorry :(
4/22/14 1:12 PM
Mencken
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The name change thing is clearly a vestige of a patriachal society, and so I find it hard to blame women for not wanting to take the male's name.  

That said, you're totally correct about the ring issue.  

4/22/14 1:14 PM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Another Facebook attention whore.

Thanks Facebook
4/22/14 1:18 PM
Zenoplata

Patriarchal society or not, it's a well established social norm that is not really worth getting rid of.

It signifies the joining of the family. To have separate last names identifies the bride and groom as two separate family units.
4/22/14 1:19 PM
Phuckles
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for pics.

I give no fucks about there being another stupid female in the world tho.
4/22/14 1:19 PM
Mencken
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - Patriarchal society or not, it's a well established social norm that is not really worth getting rid of.

It signifies the joining of the family. To have separate last names identifies the bride and groom as two separate family units.

You say that because you don't have to give up your name.  I'm proud of my family's heritage, and I like the rich history of my clan (Scottish descent).  I don't see how that would change if I had a vagina

4/22/14 1:21 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't matter how crazy or demanding a woman is. They will always find some dumbass to marry them and make them think they're right. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:23 PM
Zenoplata

Then don't get married, stay part of your family, do not start a new family, do not become part of that family.

Your family is your old family, not your new family - that's what you're telling the world.

I'm honestly surprised I keep getting voted down for this, is it because I haven't put up pics yet or because there are a lot of passive-aggressive feminists lurking on this board? I think it's very indicative of a certain type of personality to not at least include your point of view if you disagree.
4/22/14 1:25 PM
Daredevil73
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every marriage I've where I've seen women do this has ended in divorce.
4/22/14 1:25 PM
Zenoplata

donniejessup - Your comment was unfunny, dumb and has nothing to do with the topic. I would have deleted it too.

I wasn't trying to be funny?

It has everything to do with the topic.

She refuses to take the male's name because of feminism, but is still flashing around a $10,000 ring.

If she were true to her ideals she would refuse to let the man splurge a couple months of salary on her.
4/22/14 1:26 PM
Mencken

Zenoplata - Then don't get married, stay part of your family, do not start a new family, do not become part of that family.

Your family is your old family, not your new family - that's what you're telling the world.

I'm honestly surprised I keep getting voted down for this, is it because I haven't put up pics yet or because there are a lot of passive-aggressive feminists lurking on this board? I think it's very indicative of a certain type of personality to not at least include your point of view if you disagree.

Why is her changing a last name such a crucial component of a family?  Seems to me, being a good mother and a loving wife is much more important to a family than what name is on your driver's license.  

Why don't the husband and wife both drop their names?  Why is only the male's the old and new family?  

And I didn't vote you down

4/22/14 1:27 PM
Granpa
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
Zenoplata - Patriarchal society or not, it's a well established social norm that is not really worth getting rid of.

You say that because you don't have to give up your name.  I'm proud of my family's heritage, and I like the rich history of my clan (Scottish descent).  I don't see how that would change if I had a vagina

While I agree with you, like OP said, if she's going to forego that tradition, then she can forego the diamond ring tradition too.

The problem with feminazis is that they want equality, only when it is convenient for them. Fuck em.
4/22/14 1:28 PM
jasonhightower
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daredevil73 - Every marriage I've where I've seen women do this has ended in divorce.

This... she's just saving the time and energy from having to change it back.  Any pics of her and the beta husband?

4/22/14 1:29 PM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Daredevil73 - Every marriage I've where I've seen women do this has ended in divorce.

Also my experience as well.

It's a hypocritical stance to take for this girl. She is willing to accept some of the traditional gender roles and material things, but not others. I don't think you can have it both ways, then brag about it on FB
4/22/14 1:32 PM
Mencken

Granpa - 
Mencken - 

While I agree with you, like OP said, if she's going to forego that tradition, then she can forego the diamond ring tradition too.

The problem with feminazis is that they want equality, only when it is convenient for them. Fuck em.

I agree.  If a relationship is going to set aside the gender biases of the past, it should set ALL of them aside

4/22/14 1:32 PM
Zenoplata

Mencken - 
Zenoplata - Then don't get married, stay part of your family, do not start a new family, do not become part of that family.

Why is her changing a last name such a crucial component of a family?  Seems to me, being a good mother and a loving wife is much more important to a family than what name is on your driver's license.  

Why don't the husband and wife both drop their names?  Why is only the male's the old and new family?  

And I didn't vote you down

I'm not accusing you, and I wouldn't mind if you did, I would just prefer people told me why they were voting one way or the other.

I think in her case it's not that bad because she won't be having children, but it solidifies the family unit by providing a uniform way of identifying the entire family unit.

If they both created a brand new name I wouldn't care so much, I still think if she's that worried about feminism she should embrace all the negative things that come along with equality as well as the positives.

It's more about hypocrisy than anything else.

Also a woman that refuses to take a man's name does not respect him. I understand this doesn't matter to some guys, but for me I wouldn't be willing to marry a woman that neither respects me nor views herself as feminine.
4/22/14 1:33 PM
Zenoplata

jasonhightower - 

This... she's just saving the time and energy from having to change it back.  Any pics of her and the beta husband?

I'm in the library right now, but when I get back to my apartment tonight I'll post a bunch.

She looks good in a bikini.

4/22/14 1:35 PM
Stan Wang
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, women shouldn't change their names, and children should use hyphenated versions of their parents'!

~Michael Sorrey-Galves-Hardison-Mowbrey-Clancy-Kerry-Barthalamew-McCrary-Yerry-Boston-Freeman-Parsons-Moore-Yamasaki-Nilson-McGillicutty Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:36 PM
raleigh

poor guy (husband)
4/22/14 1:36 PM
Bad Monkey
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 

Women don't give a fuck about heritage. If you had a vagina the only thing you would be proud of is your new shoes.
4/22/14 1:38 PM
ryans
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
donniejessup - Your comment was unfunny, dumb and has nothing to do with the topic. I would have deleted it too.

I wasn't trying to be funny?

It has everything to do with the topic.

She refuses to take the male's name because of feminism, but is still flashing around a $10,000 ring.

If she were true to her ideals she would refuse to let the man splurge a couple months of salary on her.

I can kind of understand a woman not wanting to give up her family name if she's proud of it, but you are 100% correct about this part.

Feminists picking and choosing which inequalities they like and which they don't like will not make for a fair society and they know it.
4/22/14 1:38 PM
Ari2

Granpa - 
Mencken - 

that was on teh dude to "forego"

and calling someone a feminazi bitch because they don't want to change their name smacks of misogyny.
4/22/14 1:39 PM
ryans
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how many feminists do you see campaigning for women to get harsher prison sentences (in line with their male counterparts who are sentenced much longer on average)? None. And that essentially proves they are not looking for equality.
4/22/14 1:41 PM
Zenoplata

Ari2 - 
Granpa - 
Mencken - 

that was on teh dude to "forego"

and calling someone a feminazi bitch because they don't want to change their name smacks of misogyny.

Sorry, I will be more sensitive about your feelings about feminism from now on.

Since when is this place worried about misogyny? Do you go into all of Bukkake's threads and yell at him for objectifying women's bodies?
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.