4/22/14 1:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ari2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
Ari2 - 
Granpa - 
Mencken - 
Zenoplata - Patriarchal society or not, it's a well established social norm that is not really worth getting rid of.

It signifies the joining of the family. To have separate last names identifies the bride and groom as two separate family units.

You say that because you don't have to give up your name.  I'm proud of my family's heritage, and I like the rich history of my clan (Scottish descent).  I don't see how that would change if I had a vagina

While I agree with you, like OP said, if she's going to forego that tradition, then she can forego the diamond ring tradition too.

The problem with feminazis is that they want equality, only when it is convenient for them. Fuck em.

that was on teh dude to "forego"

and calling someone a feminazi bitch because they don't want to change their name smacks of misogyny.

Sorry, I will be more sensitive about your feelings about feminism from now on.

Since when is this place worried about misogyny? Do you go into all of Bukkake's threads and yell at him for objectifying women's bodies?

you need to ask yourself why this makes so mad. you're whining like a child.
4/22/14 1:43 PM
Nilfux
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The vote downs are because you're not following the rules Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:43 PM
Soul Gravy

Any man unwilling to maintain the status quo with regard to traditional gender roles and who embraces "feminism" in its present toxic form doesn't deserve to be called a man. You're not enlightened. You're a litte bitch.
4/22/14 1:44 PM
Ari2

and my problem with your usage is that the women in question doesn't seem like a nazi at all, she just doesn't want to be a unequal to her husband. there are some strains of feminism that feel women are better then men, best to save that term for them, because you just sound like an asshole.
4/22/14 1:44 PM
RyannVonDoom

Cunts like that dont deserve to get married. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:47 PM
Granpa
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - 
Granpa - 
Mencken - 
Zenoplata - Patriarchal society or not, it's a well established social norm that is not really worth getting rid of.

It signifies the joining of the family. To have separate last names identifies the bride and groom as two separate family units.

You say that because you don't have to give up your name.  I'm proud of my family's heritage, and I like the rich history of my clan (Scottish descent).  I don't see how that would change if I had a vagina

While I agree with you, like OP said, if she's going to forego that tradition, then she can forego the diamond ring tradition too.

The problem with feminazis is that they want equality, only when it is convenient for them. Fuck em.

and calling someone a feminazi bitch because they don't want to change their name smacks of misogyny.

Ah misogyny, the feminazi's favorite word. Anyone that knows me knows I'm the farthest thing from a misogynist. I'm only speaking truth. I've yet to encounter a SINGLE feminist that advocates for real equality. They don't want real equality, they want "special" equality, like the pigs in Animal Farm. "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others".

Let me say this carefully, and take note:

Women do not want and COULD NOT HANDLE true equality with men. When that ship is sinking and the life boats are loading up, you won't see an single feminist yell about equality when they announce WOMEN and children first.

/end to this nonsense discussion
4/22/14 1:47 PM
Zenoplata
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't make me angry, it makes me concerned, Ari.

I'm not sure if you understand what whining is, but your comments about misogyny were clearly whining.

I am open to all forms of criticism or agreement, and I openly encourage you to present counterarguments to anything I say.

Am I misogynist? Maybe, and honestly I don't really care. But you're also hypocritical if you think it only applies her and to me. If you want to be a champion for feminism then a good place to start would be every single thread on this site about women in various stages of undress.
4/22/14 1:48 PM
PatK
464 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - and my problem with your usage is that the women in question doesn't seem like a nazi at all, she just doesn't want to be a unequal to her husband. there are some strains of feminism that feel women are better then men, best to save that term for them, because you just sound like an asshole.

LOL and you're accusing someone else of being mad?

4/22/14 1:49 PM
Zenoplata
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - and my problem with your usage is that the women in question doesn't seem like a nazi at all, she just doesn't want to be a unequal to her husband. there are some strains of feminism that feel women are better then men, best to save that term for them, because you just sound like an asshole.

I am kind of an asshole, so I'll give you that.

But she's not trying to be equal. Equal would be quietly going about her business with her own unique last name.

Posting it all over Facebook, proclaiming how right she is and then deleting anything that disagrees is just being self-righteous and annoying.

She's actually a really nice girl, but in this circumstance she is wrong and being lame about it.
4/22/14 1:50 PM
Ari2

Granpa - 
Ari2 - 
Granpa - 
Mencken - 

Ah misogyny, the feminazi's favorite word. Anyone that knows me knows I'm the farthest thing from a misogynist. I'm only speaking truth. I've yet to encounter a SINGLE feminist that advocates for real equality. They don't want real equality, they want "special" equality, like the pigs in Animal Farm. "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others".

Let me say this carefully, and take note:

Women do not want and COULD NOT HANDLE true equality with men. When that ship is sinking and the life boats are loading up, you won't see an single feminist yell about equality when they announce WOMEN and children first.

/end to this nonsense discussion

"Anyone that knows me knows I'm the farthest thing from a misogynist."

right, thats why you just called a women who doesn't want to change her last name (because logically there is no good reason to do so), a "feminazi bitch."

"Women do not want and COULD NOT HANDLE true equality with men. "

maybe, maybe not, it's probably a case by case basis. but that still dosen't justify your anger.
4/22/14 1:51 PM
Crashdt
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for pics, the only thing that even matters in this story.
4/22/14 1:51 PM
Isaac298

Don't care about name change and agree that I'd she wants to go full feminazi that she has to do it for everything Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:52 PM
Ari2

Zenoplata - 

But she's not trying to be equal. Equal would be quietly going about her business with her own unique last name.

Posting it all over Facebook, proclaiming how right she is and then deleting anything that disagrees is just being self-righteous and annoying.

She's actually a really nice girl, but in this circumstance she is wrong and being lame about it.

equal is just not changing her name.

and Id imagine if the she posted the article, the topic has been brought up to her more than once, probably frquently, because people are stupid emotional traditionalist.

asking a woman why she doesn't go through the hassle of a name change is is ridiculous. the question is, why do it?

maybe deleting your comment was "wrong" or cowardly, but in principle I believe she's 100% right.
4/22/14 1:54 PM
Isaac298

She's right if she applies her philosophy to everything. From the details we have she is not. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:55 PM
Zenoplata

I didn't ask her why she changed her name.

I just pointed at her hypocrisy.

And I was the one that called her a feminazi bitch, the other dude just called her a feminazi. Really she's a pretty nice girl though, I was half-joking, half-addressing her sentiment on this particular viewpoint, don't take it to heart hun.
4/22/14 1:55 PM
Ari2

Zenoplata - It doesn't make me angry, it makes me concerned, Ari.

I'm not sure if you understand what whining is, but your comments about misogyny were clearly whining.

I am open to all forms of criticism or agreement, and I openly encourage you to present counterarguments to anything I say.

Am I misogynist? Maybe, and honestly I don't really care. But you're also hypocritical if you think it only applies her and to me. If you want to be a champion for feminism then a good place to start would be every single thread on this site about women in various stages of undress.

what's wrong with naked women?

yes, this site is filled with misogyny, most of the losers who post here don't have much confidence, and they need to believe they are better than women. whatever.

but you're presenting a specific argument that otehrs have glommed onto, that being that women should go through the hassle of changing their name. I dissagree.
4/22/14 1:56 PM
Ari2

Zenoplata - I didn't ask her why she changed her name.

I just pointed at her hypocrisy.

And I was the one that called her a feminazi bitch, the other dude just called her a feminazi. Really she's a pretty nice girl though, I was half-joking, half-addressing her sentiment on this particular viewpoint, don't take it to heart hun.

well, sorry, I confused you for someone else.

"don't take it to heart hun."

yawn
4/22/14 1:58 PM
Ari2

Isaac298 - She's right if she applies her philosophy to everything. From the details we have she is not. Phone Post 3.0

she's right period. the question of whether she consistent about it, or in fact a hypocrite, is another matter.
4/22/14 1:59 PM
PatK
464 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - 
Zenoplata - It doesn't make me angry, it makes me concerned, Ari.

what's wrong with naked women?

yes, this site is filled with misogyny, most of the losers who post here don't have much confidence, and they need to believe they are better than women. whatever.

but you're presenting a specific argument that otehrs have glommed onto, that being that women should go through the hassle of changing their name. I dissagree.

Oh shut up you feminazi cunt

4/22/14 2:00 PM
disbeliever
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Ari2 - 
Zenoplata - 

equal is just not changing her name.

and Id imagine if the she posted the article, the topic has been brought up to her more than once, probably frquently, because people are stupid emotional traditionalist.

asking a woman why she doesn't go through the hassle of a name change is is ridiculous. the question is, why do it?

maybe deleting your comment was "wrong" or cowardly, but in principle I believe she's 100% right.

So you see no benefit in traditions?

lol @ calling people out for misogyny, then calling people "stupid emotional traditionalists"
MattyIce
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh, my wife didn't take my last name when we married last year. In fact, she doesn't even have her maiden name, it's her first husbands. She's had that last name for so long she just doesn't want to change it now. Doesn't bother me.

But we are older fuckers so no big deal. No kids or anything to worry about. And we didn't even bother with rings, just a hippie hand-binding ceremony.
Isaac298

Ari2 -
Isaac298 - She's right if she applies her philosophy to everything. From the details we have she is not. Phone Post 3.0

she's right period. the question of whether she consistent about it, or in fact a hypocrite, is another matter.
How can she be right if she's not consistent . It makes her a hypocrite which in almost everyone's book, is wrong Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 2:02 PM
Ari2

"So you see no benefit in traditions?"

absolutely none. the argument that something should be done because its "tradition" is a fallacious appeal to the authority of the past. if someone should be done it needs to pass muster in today's society.

"lol @ calling people out for misogyny, then calling people "stupid emotional traditionalists""

because? being a woman isn't a philosophy, being a traditionalist is.
4/22/14 2:02 PM
dabigchet

my wife took my name, but i told her i didn't care. hyphenated last names for kids though is fucking retarded.
4/22/14 2:03 PM
Ari2

Isaac298 - 
Ari2 -

How can she be right if she's not consistent . It makes her a hypocrite which in almost everyone's book, is wrong Phone Post 3.0

she can be right about her name, and wrong about her ring. one does not preclude the other.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.