UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold: Belfort 'leads a shady life'

4/22/14 1:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Luke Rockhold lost his second fight, back in 2007. The he worked his way undefeated to the Strikeforce middleweight defending champion, beating Jacare Souza, Keith Jardine, and Tim Kennedy among others.

Then Strikeforce was shuttered by ZUFFA, and in his first UFC fight, vs. Vitor Belfort, this happened:

Rockhold was KOed at 2:32  of the first.

He came back and beat Costas Philippou at 2:31 of the first. Saturday he fights Tim Boetsch on the main card of UFC 172. But the loss to a TRT-fueled Belfort still doesn't sit well with him.

"I don't give a s---," Rockhold told Damon Martin for FOX Sports. "I'll go back down to Brazil and fight Vitor on steroids.  He's not going to land that kick again. I will overcome Vitor Belfort.  No matter what, steroids or not, doesn't matter to me.  Lightning will not strike twice."

"There's some fishy things going on. The highs and lows of Vitor Belfort, I would not want to be that guy. Be on top of the world getting all these 'knockouts of the night' and all these awards of the year and then all of a sudden get shunned into the shadows.  He leads a shady life and it seems like karma might be coming back."

"Who knows what's going on with Belfort? He seems to be completely silent about it.  Who knows what happened with that last drug test of his or when he's going to be fighting. I hope he comes back soon, because I definitely would be seeking that fight sooner than later."

In the mean time, the #5 ranked UFC middleweight has a date Saturday night with #13 ranked Tim Boetsch. How do you think it's going to go?

4/22/14 1:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Winston Wolf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my bet is the fight will be later not sooner and most likely never
4/22/14 1:28 PM
HandyDarsh
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't be butthurt luke, he's a man of god. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:28 PM
WayneGrow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my bet is the fight will be later not sooner and most likely never

4/22/14 1:29 PM
Micheal McKenzietine

Luke's a beast but TRT Vitor starched his ass Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:32 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's butt mad that Vitor spin kicked his head off into the bleachers then proceeded to pound the rest of him into the mat. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:38 PM
Aaron Becker

KING Stannis Baratheon - my bet is the fight will be later not sooner and most likely never Phone Post 3.0

this
4/22/14 1:41 PM
FreeVNasty

yeah, i guess Rockhold is clearly butthurt to be saying that Vitor is shady. It's not like he took a random drug test, then all of a sudden disappears from the face of the earth after long standing criticisms of him using TRT despite being a confirmed drug cheat in the past and his insistence that he was going within the rules.

I guess Rockhold is just making these statements completely unprovoked because he's still upset that he lost to Vitor. the community aorund MMA is full of children that think that if you ever mention someone after a fight, before a fight, or after anything they've said about you, that you are gotten to and upset.
4/22/14 1:49 PM
WayneGrow

FreeVNasty - yeah, i guess Rockhold is clearly butthurt to be saying that Vitor is shady. It's not like he took a random drug test, then all of a sudden disappears from the face of the earth after long standing criticisms of him using TRT despite being a confirmed drug cheat in the past and his insistence that he was going within the rules.

I guess Rockhold is just making these statements completely unprovoked because he's still upset that he lost to Vitor. the community aorund MMA is full of children that think that if you ever mention someone after a fight, before a fight, or after anything they've said about you, that you are gotten to and upset.

!.

4/22/14 1:50 PM
Jack Carter
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is correct Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 1:51 PM
TFK_digthisbigcrux
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/14 1:51 PM
donniejessup - Looks like we found a replacement for detective Shields.

Someone needs to phtoshop Luke's mug on here and change it to the Rockhold Agency..

that or I need to get off my ass and learn photoshop

4/22/14 1:55 PM
Giventofly99
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would do a world of good if Vitor some how did not pi$$ hot levels a few months ago. That he was tested, did not release results or apply for a license, and then the NSAC banned TRT does not paint a pretty picture.

Two interesting things...there were other fighters on TRT not killing everyone...and how any of these guys do sans TRT will be interesting. Also assuming many of them retire soon, do they get back on it for quality of life issues. Sonnen, Hendo, Forrest, Mur...
4/22/14 2:03 PM
Bry Bry

i dunno about vitor being shady but he is a very on/off fighter but i do know this, the Rockhold/Boetsch fight makes very little sense to me...if Rockhold beats boetsch, so what??
4/22/14 2:10 PM
stanneh
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boetsch by Hilariously lucky KO.
4/22/14 2:12 PM
hubris
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lmao

he wishes he could be like Vitor
4/22/14 2:14 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i for one will miss TRT
4/22/14 2:14 PM
Giventofly99
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boetsch 15 minutes are up. He caught Okami after getting beat for two rounds and caught Lombard on a bad night. Hes a gate keeper but not a contender. Rockhold should take this pretty handily. If he can deal with Jacare on the ground he can deal with Boetsch...I think Rockhold vs Kennedy II is a future title eliminator. I also think Jacare gets a shoot soon.
4/22/14 2:24 PM
revolution is my name
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luke shouldn't be mad at least he's packing 12 inches. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 2:27 PM
stanneh
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WithoutSpoilersdotCom - vitor knocking him out with all those OLE VITOOOR chants was epic.

probably the coolest knock out moment

Haha, when you remind me like that it makes me realize there is simply nothing he could ever do to Vitor that will top that moment or ever make it go away.
4/22/14 2:47 PM
Vikingknee

Deflated vitor vs franklin would beat the fuck out of rockhold also. He needs to pipe down Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 2:53 PM
teamquestnorth

Was already rooting for boetch to KO rockhold. His retarded comments here just reinforces that.

Hoping boetch tosses him like he did david heath and then ko's him against the cage. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 2:58 PM
DoomFarmer
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy needs to move past the Vitor fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 2:59 PM
DoomFarmer
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bare in mind this guy claimed he would beat Vitor no matter what he was on the first time around... Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 3:02 PM
XcessiveZ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KING Stannis Baratheon -
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - He's butt mad that Vitor spin kicked his head off into the bleachers then proceeded to pound the rest of him into the mat. Phone Post 3.0
I think he has a right to be pissed.. Vitor was fighting with an obvious unfair advantage and now that shits been taken away we'll see Vitor slide out of the top 5 and probably top 10. Phone Post 3.0
Right.Because Vitor sucked without TRT... Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 3:07 PM
kyle223
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did someone say shady?

You know who to call. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.