UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wand: Chael's a racist

4/22/14 4:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva are opposing coach on TUF Brazil 3, and by all appearances, do not get along.

Things came to a head when the pair brawled, leaving Sonnen with bruises and a cut, and Wand with an injured back. The fight was then rescheduled, from May 31 in Sao Paulo, Brazil to July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The brawl followed weeks of Wand demanding an apology for a number of disparaging remarks Sonnen has directed towards Brazil over the years.

"If I say something in a very private manner that isn't intended for a certain audience, come on, you can't hold that against me," said Sonnen in 2011 "I picked my medium very carefully when I talked about Brazil. I went to the internet. And if I had the foggiest idea that they had computers in Brazil, I wouldn't have done that."

Another time he tweeted offensively to Anderson Silva's manager, Ed Soares.

"Ed, pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to CRUCIFY you," he tweeted.

No apology has been forthcoming from Sonnen. However, Sonnen's antics aside, he is a highly intelligent and compelling figure, and by some miracle, even on reality television, some of that came through. In an unexpected turn, the Brazilian audience is turning towards The Gangster from Oregon.

Now Wand has posted a 2011 image of Sonnen being interviewed, with text in Brazilian Portuguese, relating to a potential fight in Brazil with then champion Anderson Silva.

"If they sell 100,000 tickets I hope they put them in a nice ball, turn them sideways and shove them straight up their a--," it reads. "That’s what they can do with the Brazilian crowd."

wandfc
Esse cara é racista não merece nosso respeito eu não ficaria bravo sem motivos isso é somente uma declaração a nosso respeito,agora se quer torcer pra ele tudo bem, merece meu respeito !!! Fique a vontade!!Não concordo com ele acho que nossa torcida deve se unir neste momento!! Juntos temos a força!!!

(This guy is a racist and he doesn’t deserve our respect. I wouldn’t be mad at him if I had no reasons to be. This is just one of the things he said about us. Now, if you want to cheer for him be my guest, you deserve my respect. I don’t agree with him and I think we should be united this time. We’re stronger together.)*

Naturally Sonnen responded.

chael sonnen ‏@sonnench 
@wandfc would like to get this tweet out. He has no followers, so let's help him. #teamnoapologies 

*Translation courtesy of Guilherme Cruz, for MMAFighting.

4/22/14 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
teamquestnorth
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well wands gone full retard. Cant wait to see him get demolished Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:27 PM
Sofa King Cool
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree.

-Abe Froman Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:29 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - I agree.

I am a racist but I'm a pro at blaming other people for it.

-Sofa King Cool

4/22/14 4:30 PM
Glovegate

Abe is pretty racially minded but he's a decent guy.
teamquestnorth
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand knows full well that the brazillian crowd is gravatating towards sonnens side so he pulls this shit.

Scummy move especially when u consider that he strait up lied to chaels team and told them he was talking shit about them. Phone Post 3.0
Darup

Wand has brain damage, time to retire Phone Post
4/22/14 4:31 PM
TFK_BOZY
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im an idiot

-Bozy

....wait Phone Post 3.0
Sofa King Cool
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

-Sofa King Cool

Waaaaah Phone Post 3.0
MDubz

Cool story Wand, I did not know a nationality was a race bro. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:33 PM
Jimmy Wrassler
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This has got to be the worst contrived drama in the history if combat sports

Please UFC, make it stop Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:35 PM
ABE FROMAN

Sofa King Cool - 
ABE FROMAN -

-Sofa King Cool

Waaaaah Phone Post 3.0

You keep it going, Pro!

4/22/14 4:37 PM
ItsCarlSagan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPoVvVDYH4
4/22/14 4:37 PM
Atlee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never thought i would want chael to hulk smash wandy so badly

Damn you wand
4/22/14 4:43 PM
ShanTheMan
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop biting Wand!

I like chael and wand but holy shit man chael is an obvious troll Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:51 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

These two should just fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:53 PM
CanadianMMA94
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeez Wand thanks for giving me your permission to root for Chael. The only thing that was stopping me was the fact that I didn't have your approval Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:53 PM
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShanTheMan - Stop biting Wand!

I like chael and wand but holy shit man chael is an obvious troll Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. I do think Chael crossed the line a few times but I don't think he's a racist. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 4:57 PM
stonepony

And there goes the last shred of respect I had for Silva.
4/22/14 4:57 PM
StrikingMMA
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand sees that Chael is making new fans in Brazil and its making him mad. He's digging up the past stuff to stop the support Chael is getting.

Chael came in and focused on helping his Brazilian team and they see that there and appreciate it.

4/22/14 4:59 PM
InspiritMick

Wand is 109% right and if you don't agree then you must be the epiteme of a key board warrior or just plain living in a fantasy land. You cannot come out and say the things Chael has said and expect to get away with it. He should in fact have been suspended much like Torres for example. There is a code of conduct that needs to be followed as a professional athlete and Chael is not special enough to get away with it. Hell even Chuck agrees with Wand on this.

If it was WWE then fine, it's entertaining but it's not and if Joe Shmoe undercard had said the stuff Chael said about Brazil and Brazilians they would have got their walking papers....
4/22/14 5:02 PM
InspiritMick

Edited: 04/22/14 5:03 PM
Also I am fucking astounded at the fans walking away from Wand of all people on this. There used to be a time when Wand was considered the untouchable fighters fighter. Even if he was against your guy, you still loved him for the way he fights, the way the fighters who fight him do. You ever heard anyone except Chael really shit on Wand?

I'm living in a parallel fucking universe ....

Btw Chael entertains me too and I respect his attitude in the ring but come on....he's no Wand
4/22/14 5:03 PM
Dreville79

It's a real shame, I think the general consensus is that Chael is a really nice, smart guy, who has masterminded 3 title shots through smack talk. That a guy as revered as Wand is through his Pride days to be seemingly making himself this unpopular through his ability to grasp Sonnens methods of selling a fight? It's just a pity.. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 5:06 PM
InspiritMick

Dreville79 - It's a real shame, I think the general consensus is that Chael is a really nice, smart guy, who has masterminded 3 title shots through smack talk. That a guy as revered as Wand is through his Pride days to be seemingly making himself this unpopular through his ability to grasp Sonnens methods of selling a fight? It's just a pity.. Phone Post 3.0

I guess people enjoy what happens outside of the Octagon more than what happens in it now. Some MMA fans have become Mean Girls

Blue please
4/22/14 5:10 PM
InspiritMick

iVaporize - 
InspiritMick - Also I am fucking astounded at the fans walking away from Wand of all people on this. There used to be a time when Wand was considered the untouchable fighters fighter. Even if he was against your guy, you still loved him for the way he fights, the way the fighters who fight him do. You ever heard anyone except Chael really shit on Wand?

I'm living in a parallel fucking universe ....

Btw Chael entertains me too and I respect his attitude in the ring but come on....he's no Wand

I actually lost respect for Wandy when he was still in Pride, when he got in the ring and confronted Rampage to challenge him, it was supposed to be like a normal face off to get the fans excited but he goes in there like a punk and tried to start a fight there too... he probably also tried to fight KH with his chute boxe mob... but that time he got KO'd.

Anyways i started disliking wand as a person back in Pride, mostly from the way he turned that Rampage confrontation into something hostile and what appeared to be something more personal... just always thought he was a low class kinda guy.

And his fight style is pleasing if ur a "Just Bleed" fan... spamming looping punches is retarded

Oh so you're the one, I stand corrected....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.