UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Suicide Jump From Radio Tower

4/23/14 3:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TryhardNobody
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Match in the gas tank........boom boom
4/23/14 3:46 AM
NFABeeJay
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Holy Schnikes, Thats gonna leave a mark" Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:35 AM
von krap
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no tricks? no backflips?
4/23/14 6:08 AM
sgotwalks
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManOfThePeepHole - 

Signing in on my iPad is a pain in the ass. So is typing. I did it all for this gif. VU's are easy though.

4/23/14 6:30 AM
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LONG BRANCH — A man died Monday night after plunging from a 400-foot high radio station tower and crashing through the roof of a building, police said.

Pedro Macias, 60, of Elizabeth was identified Tuesday as the man who died. Police said Tuesday his death was a suicide.

City police were called before 7 p.m. to the old Y107 radio tower located in the area of Memorial Parkway, near Belmont Avenue and Broadway, according to the city’s Public Safety Director Jason Roebuck.

“He fell through the roof of a building and (was) stuck there,” Roebuck said. “The building is condemned and unsafe.”

Long Branch and Asbury Park fire departments responded along with city police. City firefighters got the call at 6:34 p.m. and remained on the scene after 10 p.m.

Long Branch Fire Marshal Kevin J. Hayes Sr. requested the Asbury Park Fire Department’s Technical Rescue Unit to help recover the man’s body, which had fallen through the roof into the second floor of 154 Broadway.

Specially trained firefighters cut a window in the east wall of the building to recover the body, Hayes said.

The building is a two-story vacant commercial structure which “was too unstable for firefighters to enter,” Hayes said.

The city’s Fire Department responded with 25 firefighters, three engines and a tower ladder, along with a mobile command post from the Long Branch Fire Marshal’s office. Asbury Park Fire Department sent eight firefighters trained in technical rescue, Hayes said.

The Asbury Park Fire Department Technical Rescue (also known as the Urban Search and Rescue) Team provides rescue or recovery of anyone in a situation requiring specially trained personnel with appropriate equipment and special tactics and techniques, according to the Asbury Park Fire Department website.

Firefighters remained on the scene for more than four hours.

“The problem was that the fire department couldn’t go inside the building because it was an unsafe structure already. So they had to go from the outside in,” Hayes said.

The body was brought out the window, then lowered to the street in a rescue basket, he said.

Police blocked off parts of Broadway and Memorial Parkway during the investigation.
4/23/14 6:47 AM
ISawSilva'sBONEr

In Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 8:37 AM
Serious Silva
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TryhardNobody - Match in the gas tank........boom boom
I know a boy whose name is Arnie... he's, uh, 'bout to turn 18 and have a big party. I know a boy whose name is Arnie. C'mon down, buddy. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 8:39 AM
Phuckles
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, that's one way to start my morning. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 8:53 AM
lost submission
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phuckles - Well, that's one way to start my morning. Phone Post 3.0
Well said Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 8:53 AM
KneeToFaceKO

It wasn't the fall that killed him but the sudden stop at the end. Phone Post
4/23/14 8:55 AM
phydeau
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustPeed - Well that's morbid. I hope he didn't regret it as soon as he jumped. Phone Post 3.0

I've watched interviews with people who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge and survived. ALL OF THEM said that the moment their fingers left the bridge they changed their minds and wanted to live.
4/23/14 8:57 AM
phydeau
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I No Kung Foo - 
YourStoryisCoolBro - 
iHazpoopz - You guys joking about someone killing themselves are assholes. That's a family destroyed by that.

Truly, the shit stains on the underpants of the OG. Phone Post 3.0
This place has been allowed to become a cesspool of the scum of the planet.. Anonymous tough guys. It pretty much fucking sucks here. Phone Post 3.0

It's really taken a dive.

Oh SNAP!
4/23/14 9:11 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont pass judgement when someone wants to or follows through on commiting suicide. I mean I just look at it as a very personal decision and hey, who knows someone better than themselves.

But doing it in that manner IMO is a selfish way to go about it.

Rent a motel room and just OD.

Less traumatic for everyone IMO!

Instead this guy falls through the roof of a building and it takes 25 firefighters and 3 firetrucks to retrieve his body, and probably a bunch of police officers to section of the area.

All at 6:30 at night.

4/23/14 9:43 AM
Ted Waltner
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunter Thompson's .45 - If I ever kill myself you guys can make fun of me.

Seriously.

If the guy that died cared as much as you random people getting mad about jokes then he wouldn't have jumped off of the water tower.

Suicide is so misunderstood and so taboo. But that doesn't make it off limits for jokes on the Internet.

Get off your horses and come play in the shit with the rest of us. We are all gonna die. I'd rather people be amused than saddened by mine. Phone Post 3.0
VU. well said Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:44 AM
CMX
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet he won't do that again ! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:49 AM
I No Kung Foo
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CMX - I bet he won't do that again ! Phone Post 3.0

If he got his ashes spread from the top of that tower, would that count as doing it again?
4/23/14 9:51 AM
unclephilly
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Selfish bastard.
4/23/14 10:02 AM
sadic1
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife's friend's husband drove to a national park and blew his brains out in his car. I'm against suicide, but that seemed like the the cleanest, least offensive way to do it. Nobody had to see it, it was far from the family home, the mess was confined to the car which nobody is going to want anyway. If not for the fact that he was on his cell phone with her telling her it was her fault, it would have been a pretty considerate way to go.

This guy inconvenienced and horrified a lot of people, as well as put the lives of firefighters in danger to recover his body from the condemned building.
4/23/14 10:19 AM
Tinerrz

tikmovado - 
JustPeed - Well that's morbid. I hope he didn't regret it as soon as he jumped. Phone Post 3.0

They always do,.

Source for this? I can imagine them saying that days/weeks/months later, looking through rose tinted glasses when they have received the attention they crave but how many were asked immediately or as soon as possible after jumping?

Interested in any source tbh as you'd imagine the figure to be less than 50% regret if asked immediately after the event or when they regain consciousness.
4/23/14 10:25 AM
Ted Waltner
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tinerrz -
tikmovado - 

They always do,.

Source for this? I can imagine them saying that days/weeks/months later, looking through rose tinted glasses when they have received the attention they crave but how many were asked immediately or as soon as possible after jumping?

Interested in any source tbh as you'd imagine the figure to be less than 50% regret if asked immediately after the event or when they regain consciousness.
There's a documentary on suicide jumpers from the golden gate bridge. They have interviews with a few of the survivors. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:32 AM
Swagg
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor guy,horrible way to go.....that bitch's screams probably scared him to death before he hit the ground...
4/23/14 10:38 AM
Brockback Mountain
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell those bitches to shut the fuck up.
4/23/14 11:31 AM
jasonhightower
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phuckles - Well, that's one way to start my morning. Phone Post 3.0

and end it.

4/23/14 11:32 AM
Uncle Rukus
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FABombDropper -
GenErick -
FABombDropper - Did he die? Phone Post 3.0

No he only leapt to his death.
Damn. He's lucky. Most people that leap to their death die. Phone Post 3.0
He's in stable condition now Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 11:48 AM
Nabors Rigpig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goddayum!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.