UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira: In my head, I'm the favorite

4/22/14 10:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

When Glover Teixeira steps into the cage with Jon Jones at UFC 172, he will do so as a four to one underdog in the bout, but in his mind, he's the favorite:

“There was no way I was going to be the betting favorite,” Teixeira, a 4-1 underdog, told MMAjunkie. “In my own head, and that of my trainer’s, I am the favorite. But it’s no surprise that I’m not in the eyes of the fans.”

“We arrived at this point with a great deal of sacrifice,” Teixeira said. “Those who followed my career know the difficulties I endured in Brazil. Now the chance to fight for the UFC belt is an achievement in itself. I’m training harder than I’ve ever trained before. I’m getting that belt.”

read entire article...

4/22/14 10:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my head im a superstar Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 11:02 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my head, I titfuck Christina Hendricks every night of the week.

4/22/14 11:16 PM
hercules_mma_kosark
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

Same here bro. VTFU Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 11:19 PM
rnunz
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm excited to see how this plays out, win or lose.

4/22/14 11:22 PM
Wisdom100

Edited: 04/22/14 11:22 PM

Glover deserves respect.. he is the toughest test for Jones so far... I view this fight more dengerous then Gus or dc fights

4/22/14 11:26 PM
hercules_mma_kosark
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wisdom100 -

Glover deserves respect.. he is the toughest test for Jones so far... I view this fight more dengerous then Gus or dc fights

Idk man. I'm excited for the fight and anything can happen. But his display against bader did not impress me Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 11:33 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how people try and hold the Bader fight against Glover.

Bader came out looking to prove something, being more aggressive than he has ever been in his entire UFC career and tried taking it to Glover.

Glover took what he had to offer and knocked him the fuck out in the first round.

You weren't impressed because he got hit a couple of times?

I don't get it.
4/22/14 11:35 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" I know he has finished all but 1 fighter that has been thrown at him, displaying KO power and a dangerous submission game, but he got hit that one time..."
4/22/14 11:36 PM
Wisdom100

hercules_mma_kosark - 
Wisdom100 -

Idk man. I'm excited for the fight and anything can happen. But his display against bader did not impress me Phone Post 3.0

The haters believe that jones is some kind of undefeatable fighter.. that is not true man!

Glover is a serious threat! and should be viewed like that.

4/22/14 11:56 PM
hendofanforlife
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hercules_mma_kosark - 
Phisher -

Same here bro. VTFU Phone Post 3.0

me too. I often picture phisher tittyfucking christina in my head every night of the week lol

4/23/14 5:46 AM
ithurts11
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - I love how people try and hold the Bader fight against Glover.

Bader came out looking to prove something, being more aggressive than he has ever been in his entire UFC career and tried taking it to Glover.

Glover took what he had to offer and knocked him the fuck out in the first round.

I don't get it.
100 % agree vu

Bader came out throwing fucking bombs trying to put glover away violently. Glover took the bombs, didn't try lay n pray or smother him and got the knockout in the 1st round.

How the fuck ain't that impressive Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 7:30 AM
Pat Giles
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE TROPHY BUCK - In his head he's already making up excuses for when he loses

Can not wait to hear em
He's gonna think back to how many years ago when he lost? He has dispatched of everyone who has been thrown at him. He's got more of a chance than you think. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 8:54 AM
Aaron Becker

Wisdom100 - 

this is very laughable, he poses no threat to Jones, he'll be annihilated the same way Rashad was
4/23/14 11:07 AM
senseiawesome
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover is by far the most dangerous opponent jones has fought. 

4/23/14 11:26 AM
Gin Tonic
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - I love how people try and hold the Bader fight against Glover.

I don't get it.

Yeah I don't get that either, its a strange criticism. Bader hits hard too.

Cain was wobbled by JDS and then destroyed him.
4/23/14 12:45 PM
eljamaiquino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker -
Wisdom100 - 

this is very laughable, he poses no threat to Jones, he'll be annihilated the same way Rashad was
Rashad went all 5, so it's strange that you call that annihilation. Glover having 5 rounds to land a big.shot is a dangerous proposition. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:29 PM
Aaron Becker

eljamaiquino - 
Aaron Becker -
Wisdom100 - 

Rashad went all 5, so it's strange that you call that annihilation. Glover having 5 rounds to land a big.shot is a dangerous proposition. Phone Post 3.0

yea he didn't finish Rashad but it was a one sided destruction
4/23/14 3:31 PM
WayneGrow

Aaron Becker - 
eljamaiquino - 
Aaron Becker -
Wisdom100 - 

WTF really they didnt do anything to each other the whole fight and to dismiss Glover like this?  The more i read your posts the more im not too sure you know what youre talking about.  

4/23/14 3:37 PM
DoomFarmer

WayneGrow -
Aaron Becker - 
eljamaiquino - 
Aaron Becker -
Wisdom100 - 

WTF really they didnt do anything to each other the whole fight and to dismiss Glover like this?  The more i read your posts the more im not too sure you know what youre talking about.  

Aaron Pecker is one of the most negative posters on the forum.

It isn't a surprise that his ass is in here diminishing Glovers skill set. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:52 PM
Aaron Becker

DoomFarmer - 
WayneGrow -
Aaron Becker - 
eljamaiquino - 
Aaron Becker -
Wisdom100 - 

It isn't a surprise that his ass is in here diminishing Glovers skill set. Phone Post 3.0

we'll find out Saturday, I would love for Jones to be dethroned but I don't think it's practical to think Glover has a chance of doing it. I will gladly eat my words if I am proven wrong
4/23/14 3:56 PM
DoomFarmer

Aaron Becker -
DoomFarmer - 
WayneGrow -
Aaron Becker - 
eljamaiquino - 
Aaron Becker -
Wisdom100 - 

we'll find out Saturday, I would love for Jones to be dethroned but I don't think it's practical to think Glover has a chance of doing it. I will gladly eat my words if I am proven wrong
Same here. I'm prepared to eat my words too.

I'm just giving you shit about the Aaron Pecker deal.

I really think Glover can walk Jones down and KO him.

I don't think Jones will be able to easily ragdoll Glover with his wrestling the way he has done with smaller opponents.

I'm fully ready to eat my words though. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:51 PM
buckshot44
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my head, I've got a 12" johnson.
4/23/14 5:28 PM
hercules_mma_kosark

Wisdom100 -
hercules_mma_kosark - 
Wisdom100 -

The haters believe that jones is some kind of undefeatable fighter.. that is not true man!

Glover is a serious threat! and should be viewed like that.

I myself hate jones. I hope Glover wins. But I don't see how. He is slow. Jones is very fast. It isn't like Glover will get faster in later rounds, he will only get slower. Then again I hope for a first round KO for Glover Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:38 PM
comeonman1
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I realy really hope Glover can pull off the huge upset but I can just picture Jones sticking his looonngg arms out holding Glover back at a safe distance all night while picking him apart.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.