UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Juan Mott was the first...

4/23/14 2:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ColeMillerATT
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pro fighter I met. It was in a skydive hanger in Georgia. My dad was jumping and I was like 13 he was really nice and showed me how to do an armbar sort of. Had a picture scrap book he brought the instructors to check out. What ever happened to that guy?
What was the first pro fighter you met and how was the experience? Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:24 AM
FlowWithTheGo
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good shit Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:40 AM
jwistead
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos Newton seminar at the first MMA expo in Toronto. Spent the day learning how to armbar, triangle choke, and slam the guy doing the triangle choke... no kidding, and this was after the Hughes fight. Great day, Carlos is a fun guy, no one at the seminar knew shit about anything, but still Carlos hung around afterward rolling with whoever wanted to go.

Hah hah, that was my first time being thrown judo style, or, having my feet completely over my head and then landing on my head. Still hurts dammit, hah hah.
4/23/14 2:47 AM
brahmabull81
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/14 2:49 AM
Ive never met a pro fighter... well at least a known fighter. Im sure Ive seen some pros at the gym Ive been to a couple times... And I have seen Razor Rob and Tiki at the old HB UTC teaching. But oddly enough, Cole, youre the first pro fighter I ever interacted with.

I made some disrespectful comment IIRC and you basically called me a keyboard warrior. I now refrain from being a disrespectful SOB due to that verbal smackdown you gave me in like 09. LOL
4/23/14 3:38 AM
iamjohnny
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich Franklin and Jorge Gurgel in Philadelphia airport, months after tuf 2.

I was in the middle of a six hour delay. They were very friendly and even signed my unused puke bag lol.
4/23/14 3:53 AM
Musashi
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Juan Mott.. the guy who stole Fabio Gurgel's hat.
4/23/14 6:00 AM
Fedoral Crime
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Undertaker.

Cool guy, very down to earth. We laughed and talked for ages and then he choke-slammed me thru a table. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:12 AM
JoeMimic
578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat and Ryan Healy. Known those dudes forever.
4/23/14 6:25 AM
Ryan Williams
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went to HS with Lavern Clark. However, the first I really knew who he was is Henry Matamoros before meeting him. Met him when I joined BJJ, he was one the nicest and strangest dudes I had ever met. Absolutely hilarious once you get to know him. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:36 AM
Pleasesirmaiahavesomemore
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - The Undertaker.

Cool guy, very down to earth. We laughed and talked for ages and then he choke-slammed me thru a table. Phone Post 3.0
Fighter not big fat actor. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 7:12 AM
AlchemyIronworks

Juan Mott was teaching in jacksonville a few years ago, but I haven't heard of him coaching anywhere in a while. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 8:40 AM
GregBell
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/14 8:41 AM
First pro fighter Rick Lucero/ red heard Met mike bitonio at neutral grounds in 90s I forget the guys name who ran that ryan I think I was 15 many moons ago he had a cage in his front yard a young ricco Rodriguez gokar manny,karo,Huru and some of the other hayastan kids were there leg locking kids . Also randy was there Dennis hall too some other sun kist kids that were trying to lbreak into mma
4/23/14 8:54 AM
triggertap
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/14 9:17 AM
4/23/14 8:55 AM
KOphil25
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clay French was the first pro I met Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:22 AM
Nate_Diaz_Agent
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amanda Nunes we meet in high school in Bahia Brazil. She was a tomboy and look who she turn out to be pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:30 AM
None So Blind
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a press pass to UFC 15 after mentioning I was interested in writing an article for it for my school newspaper.

Went to the rules meeting beforehand, met Mark Kerr, Vitor Belfort, Allan Goes, Wallid Ismail, and Carlson Gracie. Also met someone who I think was Francisco Filho.

After the last match, I got up on the octagon and threw a couple questions at Big John (very business-like, very professional), Maurice Smith (and got his autograph, how's that for a complete lack of journalistic integrity, LOL), and Tank (in spite of getting his legs kicked to shit, was fairly jocular about it).
4/23/14 9:58 AM
Kirik
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Mott runs an MMA school in Jacksonville - Facebook

First one I don't remember any more. Maybe Royce at a seminar?

4/23/14 10:10 AM
savage043
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Other than my coaches, josh Bryant came and trained at my gym for a day. I got the pleasure of rolling with him for a round after his stint on tuf and he completely dismantled me, but was a great guy none the less. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:28 AM
chilz
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Mott runs an MMA school in Jacksonville - Facebook

First one I don't remember any more. Maybe Royce at a seminar?

Damn,that school is in a rough part of Jacksonville. You better know some MMA if you're over there lol. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 12:32 PM
The Tiger Man

Dave Menne at a grappling tournament he was a dick but I got to meet Jeremy Horn later that day and he was really cool. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 12:40 PM
jdindiana
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First pro fighter I met was Baga. First UFC fighter I met was you when you came down to Davie to train Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 12:48 PM
frankiscool
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it was at LionHeart Invitational in 1999.  I met Aaron Riley and I'd seen him fight on a lot of HookNShoot VHS tapes!  He fought Joe Merrit of Atlanta.  I met Travis Fulton who also fought on that card.

4/23/14 2:54 PM
ColeMillerATT
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frankiscool -

I think it was at LionHeart Invitational in 1999.  I met Aaron Riley and I'd seen him fight on a lot of HookNShoot VHS tapes!  He fought Joe Merrit of Atlanta.  I met Travis Fulton who also fought on that card.

Joe Merritt that's old school. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:46 PM
Musashi
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not one old schooler on this thread? No one remembers the Juan Mott controversy from 15 or 20 years ago? pfff
4/23/14 4:00 PM
RickStorm
1682 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/14 4:00 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Benny Urquidez back in 78 or 79. I had no clue who he was at the time, other than our school was part of his fight stable, we just showed up in Tarzana, CA to train.

I think the first MMA fighter I met was Chael and Lindland years ago

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.