UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Sotomayor Pulls the Race Card...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/24/14 9:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HereWeAre
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wes_Mantooth - 
HereWeAre - 
Fighting - 
HereWeAre - 
Fighting - 

A white hispanic who went to two ivy leaugue schools. tafuck does she know about racism?  Did someone call her a wetback in 8th grade and make her cry?

Are you saying that there is no racism against hispanics amongst the predominately rich white ivy league colleges?

Yes

What fantasy world do you live in? Or are you trying to insinuate that only poor uneducated people are racist?

I live in the real world where Hispanics and Blacks are cherished by rich Ivy League schools. They are cherished so much that they are treated almost like infant children that cannot do anything for themselves and need to recieve handouts based on their skin tone.

This is a bullshit copout. Just because affirmative action exists does not change the fact that Ivy league schools are mainly populated by rich white upper class students. Some of which it is safe to assume don't like poor minorities.

I know you think you live in a world where only white guys are oppressed but take of your rose colored glasses and jump off of the OG for a little while.

4/24/14 9:30 AM
HereWeAre

That post had nothing to do with what I just said.

I never claimed anything about affirmative action. I disagree with the fact that there are no racists in ivy league schools as fighting originally claimed.

4/24/14 9:31 AM
gregbrady

C0NAN - 
gregbrady - 
C0NAN - 
DevilDawg - I think a lot of Asians also do something that other groups don't seem to do at a higher percentage is to invest into the next generation. Your kid is an extension of yourself, it's not just another mouth to feed.

I read that the democrats are trying to restart AA in California. I read that this has created a big uproar in the Asian community. 29% are in the UC system total and about 45% in UC Irvine. Me being Asian I am very concerned about it, I am doing everything right to raise my kid, and my kid is doing everything she can to be the best she can be why should she lose her spot in college or at job just because someone wants to play race guilt. Worse comes to worse being Filipino we do have Spanish last names.

Asian Americans should not be opposing AA. They should be demanding AA benefits equal to that of blacks and Hispanics.

It sounds like shameless entitlement, but that's exactly how haggling works. You never make the deal you really want your first offer, you lowball your opponent, and force them to compromise in the middle.

If the goal is to erase AA, Asians need to be shameless in demanding MORE than their fair share. That's the dirty, unethical game everyone else plays, and it's the only way to at least get a fair shake here.

Asian parents also need to teach their kids to be just as aggressive, unethical, and greedy as everyone else. This culture forces you to either play dirty, or get a shit deal.

correct

if only Asians could be more like blacks and latinos

/sarcasm

And Jews and whites.

Asians (generalizing here) are the only group in this country that don't play dirty.

how do whites play dirty?
4/24/14 9:47 AM
Whambo
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She got into her law school due to affirmative action not merit, and received her SCOTUS appointment based upon affirmative action not merit. Of course she's going to be pro affirmative action.
4/24/14 10:07 AM
HereWeAre

Whambo - She got into her law school due to affirmative action not merit, and received her SCOTUS appointment based upon affirmative action not merit. Of course she's going to be pro affirmative action.

I guess we can start saying this about white guys now too since they are beating out asians with better grades and test scores.

4/24/14 10:29 AM
gregbrady

C0NAN - 
gregbrady - 
C0NAN - 
gregbrady - 
C0NAN - 
DevilDawg - I think a lot of Asians also do something that other groups don't seem to do at a higher percentage is to invest into the next generation. Your kid is an extension of yourself, it's not just another mouth to feed.

I read that the democrats are trying to restart AA in California. I read that this has created a big uproar in the Asian community. 29% are in the UC system total and about 45% in UC Irvine. Me being Asian I am very concerned about it, I am doing everything right to raise my kid, and my kid is doing everything she can to be the best she can be why should she lose her spot in college or at job just because someone wants to play race guilt. Worse comes to worse being Filipino we do have Spanish last names.

Asian Americans should not be opposing AA. They should be demanding AA benefits equal to that of blacks and Hispanics.

It sounds like shameless entitlement, but that's exactly how haggling works. You never make the deal you really want your first offer, you lowball your opponent, and force them to compromise in the middle.

If the goal is to erase AA, Asians need to be shameless in demanding MORE than their fair share. That's the dirty, unethical game everyone else plays, and it's the only way to at least get a fair shake here.

Asian parents also need to teach their kids to be just as aggressive, unethical, and greedy as everyone else. This culture forces you to either play dirty, or get a shit deal.

correct

/sarcasm

And Jews and whites.

Asians (generalizing here) are the only group in this country that don't play dirty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Anglo whites play a dirty game on a global scale. I would guess that the reason anti-Asian racism is so tolerated in this country (besides Asian complacency / non-activism), is because Anglos hate communist China. The largest Asian group in the US is ethnic Chinese.

so whites play dirty in the US with regards to affrimative action because the English speaking former British colonies share alliances with each other due to a similar culture?
4/24/14 10:32 AM
gregbrady

HereWeAre - 
Whambo - She got into her law school due to affirmative action not merit, and received her SCOTUS appointment based upon affirmative action not merit. Of course she's going to be pro affirmative action.

I guess we can start saying this about white guys now too since they are beating out asians with better grades and test scores.

you don't find it a bit repugnant that the person advocating for govt. policies that favor one race over another is a member of one of these favored races and is in a position of power?

that is pretty much the definition of racism.
4/24/14 10:33 AM
Whambo
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HereWeAre - 

You would need to look at the criteria more closely as acceptance to law school is not based solely on the 2 categories you just mentioned.
4/24/14 10:47 AM
banco

C0NAN - 
gregbrady - 
C0NAN - 
gregbrady - 
C0NAN - 

correct

/sarcasm

And Jews and whites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Anglo whites play a dirty game on a global scale. I would guess that the reason anti-Asian racism is so tolerated in this country (besides Asian complacency / non-activism), is because Anglos hate communist China. The largest Asian group in the US is ethnic Chinese.

Get the fuck out of here with this Evilyoshida garbage.
4/24/14 12:21 PM
Wes_Mantooth

What is nice about this decision is it is forcing liberals like the Wise Latina Sotomayor to stop claiming it is about ensuring "diversity" and making them declare their real intentions about "righting past injustices".

The diversity thing in education is a crock of shit.
4/24/14 12:40 PM
garythekid
1175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0NAN - 
HereWeAre - 

I never claimed anything about affirmative action. I disagree with the fact that there are no racists in ivy league schools as fighting originally claimed.

A vast percentage (possibly most) people are racist. It's the same instinct that makes you care about your own children more than other people's children. Genetic affinity.

Racism is an instinct to protect yourself and your genetic relatives.

There is no difference between a racist white person or a racist black person. Many parts of Africa are violent as shit, if they had developed guns first they would have tried to conquer the rest of the world too. Just look at how black Africans treat other black Africans even today, you think they would treat other races better if they had the upper hand?

That seemed to shut him the fuck up...

4/24/14 5:06 PM
jacktripper

"Unfortunately, Asian Americans can't really be political allies with conservative whites either, because a lot of them hate Asians too, especially ethnic Chinese. They see Mainland China as a challenge to their global authority, because Anglo-Saxons historically view the entire planet as their playground for ideological power play."

You are so full of shit Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 5:54 PM
Brockback Mountain
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0NAN - 1. Anglo-Saxons left Germany and took the British islands. The original Celtic people (most notably concentrated in Ireland), were oppressed like shit. To this day, the Irish hate the English.

2. The sun never sets on the British Empire.

3. Opium Wars.

4. Less than 2% of the U.S. population is Native American. If the Holocaust was a genocide, what exactly happened to the Native Americans? Even the Spanish allowed more indigenous people to survive, and the Conquistadors were barbaric. What happened to the Native Americans was the greatest atrocity in the last millennium.

5. These days, Anglos are busy "spreading democracy" to places like Iraq via wars based on lies (weapons of mass destruction), and playing global policeman just because they can.

That's the right wing, war making Anglo-Saxon heritage.

LOL dude you are retarded.

War, slavery, genocide, etc is in EVERYONES history. White, black, brown, etc europe, asia, africa, etc...

White people dont have a monopoly on evil shit.
4/24/14 6:04 PM
Jack Carter
1285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"In her 2013 memoir Sotomayor wrote of benefiting in the 1970s from affirmative action at Princeton University and Yale Law School"

Which is why we all should be against affirmative action today.

4/24/14 9:21 PM
DevilDawg
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter - 

"In her 2013 memoir Sotomayor wrote of benefiting in the 1970s from affirmative action at Princeton University and Yale Law School"

Which is why we all should be against affirmative action today.

This!!
4/24/14 9:29 PM
HereWeAre

garythekid - 
C0NAN - 
HereWeAre - 

A vast percentage (possibly most) people are racist. It's the same instinct that makes you care about your own children more than other people's children. Genetic affinity.

Racism is an instinct to protect yourself and your genetic relatives.

There is no difference between a racist white person or a racist black person. Many parts of Africa are violent as shit, if they had developed guns first they would have tried to conquer the rest of the world too. Just look at how black Africans treat other black Africans even today, you think they would treat other races better if they had the upper hand?

That seemed to shut him the fuck up...

It had nothing to do with what I was saying for the second post in a row so I ignored it. 

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.