UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Liddell-I would have knocked out Jones in my prime

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
4/23/14 9:40 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell spoke recently with FOX Sports Marc Raimondi, and discussed UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

"The Iceman" loves Jones overall game, and his elbows, but says he is not as impressed with Jones' punching power. Liddell, 44, noted that he did not find his own punching power until he started training under John Hackleman, when he was around the same age as Jones is now.

"I think I would have been a horrible matchup for him," said Liddell. "I would have walked through his punches and he wouldn’t have caught me with anything."

"I think it's too early to tell if he finds his punching power -- a good straight, a good hook -- then we'll see. I mean, not only score with it, but hurt somebody. Then we're talking."

"I would have found a way to hit him, and I hit too hard."

Fellow Hackleman student Glover Teixeira fights Jon Jones Saturday night in the main event of UFC 172, live on PPV. And on an appearance on Monday's The MMA Hour, Liddell predicted Teixeira will KO Jones.

"I think he either hurts him with a punch and he shoots and submits him, or knocks him out," said Liddell. "I'm not sure which one, but it's one of those things. Doesn't get past three."  

Now Jones has responded, on UFC Tonight.

"That's not very nice Chuck, not very nice," said Jones with a mocking pout. "You gotta expect Chuck to have his boy's back, and that's what he's doing. He has been coming out with a lot of other stuff, like 'he would walk through my punches if he ever fought me' and 'he would beat me in his prime', and all this type of stuff.

"I am not going to sit here and insult Chuck. He's a very, very loved person by the masses. So I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. So it's like c'mon Chuck just knock it off, I respect you, so chill out."

Host Chael Sonnen asked Jones if he thought it was a conflict of interest for Liddell, now a UFC exec, to take sides in Saturday's fight.

"I think it is a little bit," said Jones. "And at the end of the day of Chuck want's to come out of retirement, I welcome him, to a superfight."

Naturally Liddell responded.

"I'm retired," said Chuck. "I'll let Glover take care of that tomorrow night."

"[Jones] is great. He's beaten all the guys they have right now. He's doing a great job, I'm not saying anything about that and he's still gonna get better. In my prime, yeah, I think I knock him out. Is he in his prime yet? I don't think so, but I'm a fighter and I always think I'm gonna beat everyone in the world."

(1:40 mark)

4/23/14 9:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steven McTowelie
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:44 AM
epwar
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steven McTowelie - If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0

Right.  Jones is always hiding from the top guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Vitor, Gustaffson, and Machida.

4/23/14 9:45 AM
Steven McTowelie
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
Steven McTowelie - If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0

Right.  Jones is always hiding from the top guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Vitor, Gustaffson, and Machida.

Boohoo I hate jokes. You should vote me down again tomorrow champ! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:53 AM
Steven McTowelie

cecils_pupils -

Yawn.  So tired of hearing from has-beens about how they woulda done this and that back in their prime.  News flash Chuck:  your prime was over ten years ago.  Try living in the present and being respectful of the current champ.  You are a UFC employee now, try showing some professionalsim for chirst sake.

I think it is the same thing that keeps a lot of guys hanging on way too long.

Just can't let it go...but who can blame them really? I am sure they experience some highs that no one else will come close too. Be tough to leave that behind for me too. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:56 AM
Brabo Ben
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're fighters,abd he was the top light heavyweight of his era bar shogun and wand,of course he would say this. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 9:59 AM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

somebody hittin the nyQuil again...
4/23/14 9:59 AM
Cameron0000
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steven McTowelie -
epwar -

Boohoo I hate jokes. You should vote me down again tomorrow champ! Phone Post 3.0
Jones resume speaks for itself I don't think Liddell would have done it easily, would of been a great fight none the less. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:00 AM
Steven McTowelie

Wholesome - What a bunch of fags. Chuck Liddel was one of the greatest fighters to ever live, he has every right to comment.
And he's not even saying anything redundant, he said he would have beat jones in his prime (i agree and have always said this) and he wonders if jones is going to find his power.

So in my humble opinion the two of you running your mouths are bitches... OOOOOHH i just went there
lol @ you 2
bet you feel stupid

faggots
Hahahaha you must live a sad life.

Have my vu friend. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:02 AM
SQUEEZIE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

come on charles, rampage beat that ass twice in your prime. jbj puts you away on your best day.
4/23/14 10:05 AM
SQUEEZIE

Brabo Ben - They're fighters,abd he was the top light heavyweight of his era bar shogun and wand,of course he would say this. Phone Post 3.0

what about the guy who beat his ass twice in his prime.chuck was the number 4-6 best lhw in the world in his prime.

4/23/14 10:06 AM
Kebab Warrior
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones doesn't take Chuck down not would he hold him there.

Chuck lands.

End of fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:08 AM
WayneGrow

Wholesome - What a bunch of fags. Chuck Liddel was one of the greatest fighters to ever live, he has every right to comment.
And he's not even saying anything redundant, he said he would have beat jones in his prime (i agree and have always said this) and he wonders if jones is going to find his power.

So in my humble opinion the two of you running your mouths are bitches... OOOOOHH i just went there
lol @ you 2
bet you feel stupid

faggots
I agree with everything but the last part Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:14 AM
GetsomefansJon please
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck didn't stop becoming a fighter the moment his career ended. Chuck will always be a fighter, and the mentality you need to survive in that world is that you can beat anyone. In your head you need to be number one, and you need to truly believe it. Chuck will always believe he's number one. Why would you be surprised by a comment like this?

Everyones opinion here the past year or two has been so one sided. No one even thinks about empathy for a second. "I you don't believe 'x' then you're just wrong and dumb." 

4/23/14 10:15 AM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol has Chack been using Columbia's finest export again
4/23/14 10:18 AM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YES
ICE MAN BY MDK Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:20 AM
T Bag

Kebab Warrior - Jones doesn't take Chuck down not would he hold him there.

Chuck lands.

End of fight. Phone Post 3.0
Jones has never been dropped or even wobbled.
Why do you assume that if Lidell landed it would be "goodnight"? Why didn't Rampage get slept instead of beating the fuck out of Chuck X2 Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:22 AM
epwar
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steven McTowelie - 
epwar -

How on earth was anyone supposed to tell your post was a "joke"?

NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's true... Liddell had some of the best take down defense in the division. He would have murdered jones Phone Post 3.0
Ex0dus
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - No. Chuck would have been tossed to the ground and elbowed until the ref stepped in.
Not sure if serious, chuck had an average time of 13 seconds on his pack iirc so... Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:23 AM
Ex0dus
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ex0dus -
Mix6APlix - No. Chuck would have been tossed to the ground and elbowed until the ref stepped in.
Not sure if serious, chuck had an average time of 13 seconds on his pack iirc so... Phone Post 3.0
Back* auto-incorrect Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 10:25 AM
GarlicSenior

You guys are delusional lol, Chuck was great in his day but Jones would kick his ass no matter what version of Chuck showed up.
4/23/14 10:30 AM
fanat

Prime Chuck with crazy bunny eyes? That Chuck?

Jones would run away from that fight worse than Tito. The fight would never happen.
4/23/14 10:36 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones would have annihilated him.

Prime Chuck vs Silva would be much more interesting.

4/23/14 10:36 AM
rIKmAN

Chucks knuckles in the photo with Hackleman - abused lol! Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.