UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana on ESPN: First Take

4/23/14 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spouting "the best fight the best in the UFC" when asked about boxing compared to the UFC. OK. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 11:39 AM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 11:40 AM
Big EP
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My take on this statement is that Dana is confident that they have the best fighters on contract.  Therefore, the "best fight the best". 

4/23/14 11:46 AM
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big EP -

My take on this statement is that Dana is confident that they have the best fighters on contract.  Therefore, the "best fight the best". 

No shit dude. But that's simply not the case,especially considering their cuts as of late. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 11:55 AM
RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chilz - 
Big EP -

No shit dude. But that's simply not the case,especially considering their cuts as of late. Phone Post 3.0

I can agree to a certain extent, but some of the guys who have been cut were getting old and going nowhere. No point in keeping aging veterans who won't fight for a championship again when you can hire some 25 year old for a fifth of the cost and hope they turn into a world champion.
4/23/14 1:10 PM
BrattMamley
1337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They talked about boxing the whole time lol Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:23 PM
thesonsofmontana
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Honda vs Cyborg? Phone Post
4/23/14 3:29 PM
shaqitup
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is full of shit in interviews? whoda thunk.
4/23/14 3:32 PM
potato623

The UFC doesn't have the majority of the best fighters?
4/23/14 3:33 PM
potato623

BrattMamley - They talked about boxing the whole time lol Phone Post 3.0

Haha pretty much
4/23/14 3:36 PM
Acecool72

Shields was never gonna win a title in the ufc his stand up never evolved and I don't think he could take down Hendricks or ellenburger Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:42 PM
potato623

AWdub - You idiots realize he is a promoter right? You want him to go on and say nah the best fighters are elsewhere, especially when the majority of the best mma fighters in the world are in the Ufc. I forgot it is cool and makes you a real fan these days to bash Dana and the ufc. Phone Post 3.0

It's extremely cool, UFC blows dude, I hate watching fights any more. I mean Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira this weekend, how lame
4/23/14 3:52 PM
Powerful DJH
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

potato623 -
AWdub - You idiots realize he is a promoter right? You want him to go on and say nah the best fighters are elsewhere, especially when the majority of the best mma fighters in the world are in the Ufc. I forgot it is cool and makes you a real fan these days to bash Dana and the ufc. Phone Post 3.0

It's extremely cool, UFC blows dude, I hate watching fights any more. I mean Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira this weekend, how lame
Is the ufc gunna make some moves i dont agree with , like cutting top 10 guys because of thier style? Yes but at the end of the day so long as they keep on putting together the best fights with the best guys in the world I'm gonna watch. Period. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:31 PM
potato623

Powerful DJH - 
potato623 -

Is the ufc gunna make some moves i dont agree with , like cutting top 10 guys because of thier style? Yes but at the end of the day so long as they keep on putting together the best fights with the best guys in the world I'm gonna watch. Period. Phone Post 3.0

Jake Shields isn't top 10, he's a 36 year old making a lot of money, on the downspiral, who also lacks a fan base. Sports players get cut all the time, it's no different in MMA.
4/23/14 6:25 PM
willienugget

potato623 - 
Powerful DJH - 
potato623 -

Jake Shields isn't top 10, he's a 36 year old making a lot of money, on the downspiral, who also lacks a fan base. Sports players get cut all the time, it's no different in MMA.

He might not be ranked in the top 10 but there aren't 10 welterweights in the world who would beat him. There are also plenty of UFC fighters who won't become champions. Let's be honest. He gets paid a lot of money and he's boring. Those are the reasons he's gone.
4/23/14 6:33 PM
TBA11

Great interview by Dana. Not an easy show to be on with that panel. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:44 PM
chilz

Yes,the UFC has the lion share of the best fighter's in the world. I just get so tired of hearing say "the UFC where the best fight the best three times a year" Although,he didn't mention the times a year thing in this interview,that's what he usually spews.

Eddie Alvarez is a fighter they need to get as well as Askren. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:45 PM
BW92

I don't like the cuts either but let's be fucking real, Fitch Okami and Shields will be relegated to gatekeeper status before they will earn a title shot with all the new killers around. The best have always fought the best in MMA, nothing to make a fuss about over that Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.