UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC desperate for Hendo to have a title fight?

4/23/14 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
biva
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loses four on the trot - all clear losses IMO - then gets a good win against Shogun, but was getting absolutely panned before the one shot finish.

Does this mean that Silva et al genuinely believe he's a legit challenger?

OR

Is he just a big name to get Cormier over to the casuals so he sells well against Jones/Texiera?

Discuss. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:16 PM
StrikingMMA
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suspect it's just a big name for Cormier. It's also a hurdle for Hendo and if he gets a win he will probably get a shot.
4/23/14 2:17 PM
JROTT
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight is made for one reason.. Give Cormier a credible name over a top 10 so they can give him a title shot. It's that simple. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:20 PM
JROTT
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover is ranked #2 without a single top 10 win (maybe Bader) but they wouldn't have been able to say "20 fight win streak" in all the promos if they had made him earn the title shot and it went wrong and he lost.

Without Cormier fighting a guy like Hendo they don't have much to sell the PPV.. Most casuals dunno who Cormier is yet Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:23 PM
Shoryuken Rw

Doesn't matter anyway. Glover and Henderson only have a punchers chance and Cormier will get picked apart from the outside. The only one who stands a chance is Gus.

I know that's not what OP was asking but I felt this was a good place to say it. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:26 PM
RoysBellyRollzz
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shiiiiiit I'm desperate for his title shot too Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:31 PM
toddiejasl
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the UFC were deperate to give Hendo a title shot they wouldn't match him up against D.C.

I like the fight though, makes 173 a much better card...
4/23/14 2:35 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get it. Why line up title fights before title fights happen, I'm so confused.

Winner vs Gustafson in 4 months at best so August? Then 4 months at best for another fight so December maybe? But realistically it's going to be a while before this fight materializes.

I just hope nothing crazy happens and no one gets hurt then Gustafson gets effed and has to fight the winner of this fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:44 PM
sublime13
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big name for DC. Plus, Hendo is too talented to be a can crusher. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:46 PM
ginger1983

I think there giving dc a big name so it wont seem like he was given a title shot. However for henderson cus hes getting old and doesnt have many fights left. I think its the ufc giving dan one last chance to fight for the title before he retires IF he can beat dc. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:49 PM
Flexo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a win win for the UFC. If Hendo wins, that's just one more fight for Bones, and DC will go crush 1 or 2 guys and be another fight for Bones. If DC wins then he has a big name under his belt and has more legitimacy to fight Bones. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:50 PM
Chadderz
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait, why isn't Gustafson number 1 contender? Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:46 PM
25th
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks for Phil Davis... Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:55 PM
Micheal McKenzietine
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chadderz - Wait, why isn't Gustafson number 1 contender? Phone Post 3.0
On Wednesday’s edition of ESPN’s “SportsCenter,” UFC president Dana White announced a light heavyweight shootout between Dan Henderson (pictured) and Daniel Cormier will co-headline UFC 173.
White added that the winner of the tango will get next crack at the 205-pound crown after top contender Alexander Gustafsson.

Quoted from front page Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:55 PM
CurtisTheConqueror
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see how Cormier could possibly lose this fight. He will win and face Jones Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:56 PM
biva

Lots of good chatter on here! Like it! (Even if I did get the inevitable vote down)

Does make me wonder where Gus fits into all this? Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 3:56 PM
ramaham

JROTT - This fight is made for one reason.. Give Cormier a credible name over a top 10 so they can give him a title shot. It's that simple. Phone Post 3.0
Sadly this. I love hendo...but absolutely no desire to see him fight jones, especially without trt Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:00 PM
OCMikey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Gustaffson? So if Bones wins vs Glover, I thought Gustaffson was promised the next shot. So technically wouldn't the winner of Hendo/Cormier be #2? I'd be willing to bet that the winner or Cormier/Hendo will have to fight one more time before getting a shot. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:02 PM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neither deserves a shot at this point imo. Phil Davis should be next in line if he beats Rumble, or he should be fighting the winner of DC vs Hendo. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:40 PM
JROTT

WayneGrow -
JROTT - Glover is ranked #2 without a single top 10 win (maybe Bader) but they wouldn't have been able to say "20 fight win streak" in all the promos if they had made him earn the title shot and it went wrong and he lost.

Without Cormier fighting a guy like Hendo they don't have much to sell the PPV.. Most casuals dunno who Cormier is yet Phone Post 3.0

You would think they do seeing as how he is doing a lot of Fox shows with Chael and Bryant.  

Well I watch all that, but when I have friends over to watch scraps nobody pays any attention until they hear ol Bruce Buffer start.. Too much yapping on them fox shows Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:44 PM
Chadderz
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Micheal McKenzietine -
Chadderz - Wait, why isn't Gustafson number 1 contender? Phone Post 3.0
On Wednesday’s edition of ESPN’s “SportsCenter,” UFC president Dana White announced a light heavyweight shootout between Dan Henderson (pictured) and Daniel Cormier will co-headline UFC 173.
White added that the winner of the tango will get next crack at the 205-pound crown after top contender Alexander Gustafsson.

Quoted from front page Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 7:13 PM
Bay Area

You trolling with that "all clear losses" bullshit.

The only clear loss out of those fights was the loss to Vitor. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 3:10 AM
biva

Not trolling, I don't think he was even close to getting the nod against Machida or Evans, think he had lenient judging for both, but i know a lot of people disagree.
Just my opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.