UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> bruce lee vs pacquiao in street fight...who wins?

4/23/14 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Koga
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manny if he lands first. Otherwise, Lee by kick to nuts to armlock. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 12:02 AM
BadDog

CapnKindBud - Oh I read it wrong. Street fight? Manny has no chance. Read Lee's book and tell me what you think . Groin strikes from everywhere . Manny becomes Mary. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, Pacquiao is unable to throw groin shots. :-( Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 12:23 AM
de braco
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CapnKindBud - Many people who knew Lee like Gene and Norris say that he would be a UFC champion today because of his insane training and his ability to learn styles so fast. He was an actor so his screen fights are a bullshit way to judge but if you can't see the perfection in his form and his footwork and fluidity , you don't know what you are looking at .
I've only watched Manny box and there have been zero mma champs who were pro boxers. So mma, I'd say Lee ( who was FAR more than an actor) and Manny in boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Lebelle said "he might do ok in his weightclass" which was being kind. against Pac he gets destroyed 99/100. Lee had no takedown or ground game and his boxing was sub neighborhood level golden glove

4/24/14 12:40 AM
CurtisTheConqueror
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruce, duh Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 10:10 AM
jmont

de braco -
CapnKindBud - Many people who knew Lee like Gene and Norris say that he would be a UFC champion today because of his insane training and his ability to learn styles so fast. He was an actor so his screen fights are a bullshit way to judge but if you can't see the perfection in his form and his footwork and fluidity , you don't know what you are looking at .
I've only watched Manny box and there have been zero mma champs who were pro boxers. So mma, I'd say Lee ( who was FAR more than an actor) and Manny in boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Lebelle said "he might do ok in his weightclass" which was being kind. against Pac he gets destroyed 99/100. Lee had no takedown or ground game and his boxing was sub neighborhood level golden glove

no takedown or ground game? lmao Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 10:13 AM
de braco
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None

4/24/14 10:15 AM
tres_equis_666
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bromovich - C'mon fellas, you all know no can defend the hex from Mommy D. Phone Post
Pretty much this.

That triad curse ain't got shit on the Mommy D special. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 10:16 AM
trok

Like said. In street fight Lee would decimate him. Were a talkin bout no rules fight. Sanctioned fight -> Pac would dominate.
4/24/14 10:31 AM
BadDog

trok - Like said. In street fight Lee would decimate him. Were a talkin bout no rules fight. Sanctioned fight -> Pac would dominate.
Yeah, Pacquiao has only ever fought with very strict rules and has never had a street fight.

Despite the fact that we KNOW what Pacquiao can do there's no doubt that a smaller man with no professional fighting experience would decimate him in a fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 10:38 AM
Daverr

thefans
4/24/14 10:42 AM
banco

Lee is only remembered as being so fantastic because he swum in a very shallow pool. He'd get beaten by just about anyone Pacman has beat let alone Pacman himself.
4/24/14 10:53 AM
voodoo child
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Dan Inosanto said Bruce fought many challenge matches? Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 10:57 AM
banco

voodoo child - I thought Dan Inosanto said Bruce fought many challenge matches? Phone Post 3.0

But against who? It's not like he was going to the local boxing gyms to challenge people.
4/24/14 11:02 AM
voodoo child
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way I understood it, sounded more like people were challenging him instead of vice versa. And supposedly he was undefeated in such matches. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 11:03 AM
Nonlinear

Bruce Lee was a fighter?  Who has he beat?

4/24/14 11:07 AM
Brabo Ben
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sekundarburnes -
shaqitup - 
Adulterous_Zucchini - 
shaqitup - 
sekundarburnes - the real fighter wins

Do you mean the boxer?

Cause that isn't a real fight, very far from it.

Much closer than being an actor in the 60s...

And I'm pretty sure that Pacquiao is also a skilled kickboxer

Bruce lee had some fights as well, may not have been sanctioned of course?

But he did develop his movie career through his COMBAT SPORTS training, or martial arts, and he practiced many of them.

So i'm not saying Lee would win, but to say "the fighter", when Lee probably had more knowledge in striking and grappling is just silly.

steven seagal is a trained "martial artist" and i'm sure he's been in some tussles as well, but no one calls him a fighter. comparing one of the greatest professional boxers to ever live to an athletic actor who invented a martial art no one has ever used effectively in a real fight is kind of silly.

bruce lee was a cool guy i guess but pacquaio is a professional fighter of the highest caliber
Not to shit on your post as I think pacman would handily win, but JKD is used by a lot of fighters,pretty sure the ug's own Ben Saunders is a big advocate of it. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 11:18 AM
de braco

voodoo child - The way I understood it, sounded more like people were challenging him instead of vice versa. And supposedly he was undefeated in such matches. Phone Post 3.0

We know he fought a busboy to a draw, After that he avoided a rematch like the plague, despite being called out  numerous times via newspapers and made a point of never sparring with anyone known as a good fighter like Joe Lewis, Jim Harrison, etc. The only place you will hear the numerous challenge match stories are from people with a monetary interest in the propagation of the lee myth.

4/24/14 12:15 PM
trok

BadDog - 
trok - Like said. In street fight Lee would decimate him. Were a talkin bout no rules fight. Sanctioned fight -> Pac would dominate.
Yeah, Pacquiao has only ever fought with very strict rules and has never had a street fight.

Despite the fact that we KNOW what Pacquiao can do there's no doubt that a smaller man with no professional fighting experience would decimate him in a fight. Phone Post 3.0

This is kinda pointless discussion bc we're talkin about fighter that lived long before MMA. Groin kick, eye couch etc. Technics not allowed in regulated fight. Rumours also saying BL trained bit ground game.
4/24/14 12:16 PM
Liyon
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sekundarburnes - 
Brabo Ben - 
sekundarburnes -
shaqitup - 
Adulterous_Zucchini - 
shaqitup - 
sekundarburnes - the real fighter wins

Do you mean the boxer?

Cause that isn't a real fight, very far from it.

Much closer than being an actor in the 60s...

And I'm pretty sure that Pacquiao is also a skilled kickboxer

Bruce lee had some fights as well, may not have been sanctioned of course?

But he did develop his movie career through his COMBAT SPORTS training, or martial arts, and he practiced many of them.

So i'm not saying Lee would win, but to say "the fighter", when Lee probably had more knowledge in striking and grappling is just silly.

steven seagal is a trained "martial artist" and i'm sure he's been in some tussles as well, but no one calls him a fighter. comparing one of the greatest professional boxers to ever live to an athletic actor who invented a martial art no one has ever used effectively in a real fight is kind of silly.

bruce lee was a cool guy i guess but pacquaio is a professional fighter of the highest caliber
Not to shit on your post as I think pacman would handily win, but JKD is used by a lot of fighters,pretty sure the ug's own Ben Saunders is a big advocate of it. Phone Post 3.0

i believe that. i've even watched joe rogan wear a jeet kune do shirt during one of his podcasts, and mma fighters seem to respect bruce lee, but it still confuses me. i watch a lot of mma and pay close attention to the sport, and i've never once heard anyone credit a move as coming from jeet kune do

JKD isn't a style per se, it'a a philosophy.

In reality, JKD can be anything you want it to be.

In short, there are two camps in the JKD community. You have the guys that believe only what Bruce did up until he died is the one and only true JKD and follows JKD as a style. The other camp follows JKD as a philosophy, which I believe is what Bruce wanted it to be. To them the evolution of JKD makes it look like MMA with some combatives training.
4/24/14 12:20 PM
talkischeap
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruce is a corpse sooo def pacman Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 12:21 PM
undisputed1972

There are many street-fight scenarios, for example are they to fight in a wide open area or a small room? Are they to know the abilities of their opponent beforehand or not?

In an angry bar fight situation where Bruce spilt Manny's beer, I honestly think the boxer would bury the actor before he could say "headache".

Alternatively I'd favour even an injured and tired Bruce in a hall of mirrors setting.
4/24/14 12:38 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like water Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 12:56 PM
The Man With No Screen Name
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not so sure Bruce would take this to the ground. I think he would stick to his A-Game and keep it standing. I think if they fight 10 times, after Manny wins 3 of the first 4, Bruce starts taking this to the ground, but still only wins 3 of the next 6. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 1:09 PM
voodoo child

Manny would probably try to evangelize Bruce.... Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 1:40 PM
bricht07

Rouse would beat them both up easily

- Dana White Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.