UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Aussie spiders because FU!!!!

4/23/14 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hockeychick
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/23/14 3:53 PM
hockeychick
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, Australia: home to everything completely horrifying about the natural world (except volcanoes, surprisingly enough). A Golden silk orb-weaver spider can grow up to 5-6.9 cm (2-2.7 in) in body length, not counting the span of its legs. They spin strong yellow webs that are very large and can reach a meter in diameter. A large, strong web can mean only one thing: large, strong prey. These spiders don't waste their time with the smallest insects and have been known to feed on birds and snakes. Daniel Reardon happened to come across a brown tree snake about half a meter long that fell out of a tree and into the Golden orb spider's web. These snakes eat birds, lizards, and small mammals, so it is a fairly formidable opponent. Read more at http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/spider-versus-snake#QfvxSeDPRUFAgBd4.99
4/23/14 3:54 PM
hockeychick

4/23/14 3:55 PM
sadic1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be more afraid of Australian spiders until I realized how shitty their wrestling was.
4/23/14 3:59 PM
phydeau
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HC, you're making me not like you any more.

Christ, I fucking hate spiders.
4/23/14 4:04 PM
BadDog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two words:

Funnel.

Web.
4/23/14 4:04 PM
hockeychick

I like to share my nightmares

4/23/14 4:06 PM
cruedi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

where's gritty when you need him
4/23/14 4:08 PM
unclephilly
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/23/14 4:39 PM
CombatVette49
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/23/14 4:40 PM
Altofsky
687 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BushkillBlades.com, Knifemaker
Why are people so scared of spiders anyway? I never got that. Phone Post
4/23/14 4:44 PM
CombatVette49
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunstman Spider

4/23/14 4:48 PM
QuinTheEskimo
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 4:55 PM
BadDog

Altofsky -  Why are people so scared of spiders anyway? I never got that. Phone Post

Aside from islamofacists and liberals, spiders are the reason I one of your knives hanging around my neck.
4/23/14 4:57 PM
DracoBEBO
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Altofsky - Why are people so scared of spiders anyway? I never got that. Phone Post
Way people are raised. We were taught to catch em with a cup and paper and put em outside. But u know how many kids I see freak when they see a bug, but then hear the mom freak out when she sees a bug. Programmed to react Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:01 PM
Johnny Ringo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:03 PM
BadDog

DracoBEBO - 
Altofsky - Why are people so scared of spiders anyway? I never got that. Phone Post
Way people are raised. We were taught to catch em with a cup and paper and put em outside. But u know how many kids I see freak when they see a bug, but then hear the mom freak out when she sees a bug. Programmed to react Phone Post 3.0

Spiders are disgusting and dangerous.
4/23/14 5:03 PM
gord96
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was able to somewhat overcome my fear of spiders by refusing to kill them. If I see one in my house I put it outside. My wife thinks I am crazy but it worked. Now I don't freak out like a little girl when i see one.
4/23/14 5:05 PM
JitsuGuy
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake's head was in the wrong place. Obviously, wasn't prepared for this fight.
4/23/14 5:07 PM
phydeau
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Altofsky -  Why are people so scared of spiders anyway? I never got that. Phone Post

in every occurrence in literature spiders are evil.
4/23/14 5:10 PM
thebasher

It's good to have respect for some spiders. We do get some dangerous ones around the house so the kids know what to look out for Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:17 PM
likatiga
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - I was able to somewhat overcome my fear of spiders by refusing to kill them. If I see one in my house I put it outside. My wife thinks I am crazy but it worked. Now I don't freak out like a little girl when i see one.

I'm the same.

When I was young, living in Singapore, there was a massive spider above my bed. My dad sprayed it and millions of babies ran in all directions.

From that day I was scared stiff of spiders.

Then, I was about 15 in Australia and had just helped my friend move into a new house. I slept on his floor amongst a pile of boxes, etc. I woke up in the morning and noticed a huge spider covering my neck and half of my face. I could see one of its legs on my eye...

I didn't freeze, I calmly got my hand behind my ear and flicked it off. It looked back at me like "what you gonna do now motherfucker", and I said "be free spider, I'll catch you later".

I haven't been scared of spiders since. I absolutely will not kill them, that's for sure.
4/23/14 5:22 PM
hockeychick

I have a grudging respect for them and we have a mutual agreement, they don't crawl around on my face or lay eggs in my orifices and I don't kill them.  I have found them crawling on other parts of my body, but don't freak out and just kinda flick them away and tell them "c'mon man, you know the deal" and they scamper away

4/23/14 5:25 PM
Samurai Clown
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hockeychick -

I have a grudging respect for them and we have a mutual agreement, they don't crawl around on my face or lay eggs in my orifices and I don't kill them.  I have found them crawling on other parts of my body, but don't freak out and just kinda flick them away and tell them "c'mon man, you know the deal" and they scamper away

You're a better man than I. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:27 PM
hockeychick

clown, that is awesome! I see what you did there...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.