UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Squint correction surgery TME

4/23/14 5:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AlexanderSuperTramp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody ever had this as an adult? I had it as a kid but the eye is still slightly off centre, nothing major but makes me seriously uncomfortable in some situations. Hate having my picture taken etc even though most people don't notice it, but I found out today that it's common to have it surgically corrected as an adult. Any of you guys have experience with this? I've googled what I can but would be good to hear from anyone who has had the procedure. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:46 PM
Lrrr Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's it supposed to do? Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:08 PM
AlexanderSuperTramp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It strengthens or weakens certain muscles on the eye so that the eye looks more central, so basically corrects the lazy eye, although mine is only quite minor now. There are a few risks such as over correcting it so that it could point more in another direction which is making me have doubts. It's purely cosmetic for me though as it makes me reaaaally self conscious at times even though to most people it's barely noticeable lol but supposedly the psychological effects are huge and confidence increases dramatically, because people with lazy eyes/squint avoid eye contact for long etc Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.