UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jessamyn Duke

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/28/14 8:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kungfugrip
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that girl has the look of crazy in her eye. It would be a hell of a fun ride up, but the way down would be scary as fuck!
4/28/14 9:16 AM
Glovegate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmeboy - 
Glovegate - 
trblesum13 - Am I not a true MMA fan because I don't like WMMA ? Phone Post 3.0

According to the insecure, yes.

Yes. The insecure are the ones who enjoy Women's MMA, not the ones who feel the need to come on every thread about it to show how cool and macho (which also makes you tough) they are by saying they don't like it.

Yes, those who cannot bear to see someone hold an opinion that differs from their own are insecure.
4/28/14 9:31 AM
SQUEEZIE

since her first fight on tuf anyone who has said she is good looking or good at fighting i haven't took them serious since.
4/28/14 9:50 AM
SQUEEZIE

Glovegate - 
trblesum13 - Am I not a true MMA fan because I don't like WMMA ? Phone Post 3.0

According to the insecure, yes.

i love wmma...i know most of them are not as skilled or as technical as men(some are very skillful and technical though)but i enjoy when they do display some skills.

but yes some of them are hard to watch and she is def one of them.she had one nice throw ill give her that...but thats all i have ever seen that was good from her.every other second ive seen from her has been painful to watch to say the least.

Holly and Merriam would murder duke and i could watch them fight all night...yet they are not in the ufc.
4/28/14 9:57 AM
xChicoDusty
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chilz - Duke actually thought she was gonna win...she was like "WUT??" Phone Post 3.0
Lol ya when I saw that I just thought how could you imagine you won that fight??

Anyone else think he and the big slow would be a hilarious couple!? Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 9:58 AM
xChicoDusty
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*she Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 10:02 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Elbe - Only her 4th fight. She will grow from this bout and potential to continue blossoming into a very marketable fighter for the UFC.

Internet warriors being to harsh IMO Phone Post 3.0

In fact, she was k.o.ed by Miriam Nakamoto, but, somehow, the loss was removed from her record, because she took an illegal kick when she was already out. 

So, basically, she's 3-2 now, and could be 3-3, if you count her loss to Rachel Pennington. 

4/28/14 10:33 AM
Arachnoid

There really just are not enough women with legitimate skills to have a division. I'm sorry, but it's true.

You take Ronda, Cyborg, Gina and would do you have left? Don't come at me with Misha either. She's not much better than Jessamyn.
4/28/14 10:37 AM
Nagaho
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_DiscipleDojo - 
JustPeed - Any pictures of duke from these modeling days she has mentioned? Phone Post 3.0

I believe these were back when she was still fighting ammy

Those ears are hidden in each of those photos.
4/28/14 3:35 PM
chaplinshouse
854 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4horsewomen, lol

more like the queen and the piss bucket trio. "wait for the shake!"
4/28/14 3:47 PM
stillmatic
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nakamoto destroyed her. It was a DQ just on a technicality.
4/28/14 4:16 PM
GenghisKwan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 6:13 PM
chilz
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's fear of woman's MMA,not having deep enough talent and stars is now coming home to roost.
4/28/14 7:41 PM
MMA Architect
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not impressed by Duke, at all. Didn't use her reach advantage... was far too inactive, tentative, and unattractive. There's no joy in seeing her in the cage. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:53 PM
Decimated

chilz - Dana's fear of woman's MMA,not having deep enough talent and stars is now coming home to roost.

Jess may suffer from what are otherwise positive traits. She is good looking in the face, Southern without being a redneck, has a very interesting body type.  Okay on camera, she can pose well and does okay in interviews.  Is active on social media and has big name friends.

I think all these factors led her to rise too quickly because the UFC is a show, not, a league.  GIrls will be judged on their media value, not their records.  Think of Bec Hyatt who is too cute to believe, great Aus accent, but isn't musclar enough to beat strong girls.  She can clean up the island of Tasmania but don't expect her to be in the UFC for the next five years.  Based on her media value, she's on TUF now and her shaky record will be worse in a year.

4/28/14 10:27 PM
MolsonMuscles
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did I hear Goldberg say that Duke is a world Muay Thai champ?  I find that rather difficult to believe.

4/29/14 1:11 AM
plasticonoband
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ufc is too soon for her. Tonnes of "heart", but just not sharp enough yet. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 1:24 AM
stopclock

Non N00B -
ShanTheMan - 
Ankle Bender - I think she's incredibly sexy! Sleek, tall, could've been a model but prefers to fight, pretty... just delicious!
Yuck Phone Post 3.0

This! Stick figure, no ass or hips, model, wtf?
Most run away models are assless titless sticks. Print or bikini have tna. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 1:35 AM
DanCrase
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MolsonMuscles -

Did I hear Goldberg say that Duke is a world Muay Thai champ?  I find that rather difficult to believe.

I heard that too.

Not meaning to be a dick, she had some good trips, but for a fighter with a background in Muay Thai, her striking looked terrible Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 6:36 AM
Decimated

DanCrase - 
MolsonMuscles -

I heard that too.

Not meaning to be a dick, she had some good trips, but for a fighter with a background in Muay Thai, her striking looked terrible Phone Post 3.0

she can hit pads well, and kick the shit outta them.  Look at her training pictures they are mesmerizing.  Spinning kicks, knees, punches in perfect form.  

But "boards...don't hit back."

THe UFC is diminishing itself by having fights like this.  Fighters who can't kick or punch should be in other orgs.  Not "figuring themselves out" in what should be the top league.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.