UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Karo: Edmond Tarverdyan is eating Rousey's brain

4/28/14 7:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Karo Parisyan has gone through a well-publicized fight with addiction to pain killers and depression, but is coming off a KO win over Ron Keslar at Bellator 116 on April 16.

Originally trained at Gokor Chivichyan's Hayastan Academy, Parisyan then moved between several camps, and sometimes no camp at all, but has now returned to the place he first learned Judo as a child.

Ronda Rousey also trained for MMA at Hayastan, but has since moved on, to the nearby Glendale Fight Club under Edmond Tarverdyan. Parisyan's cousin, UFC bantamweight Manny Gamburyan is also a regular at GFC.

Rousey's switch from Hayastan to GFC apparently didn't sit very well with some, as Parisyan explains to MMAJunkie Radio in uniquely colorful fashion.

“Why is Ronda frickin good?" asked Parisyan. "Why is Ronda an animal, this little white girl? Because guys would not come train with us. They didn’t want to come train with us, because they thought we were animals and we would hurt them. Ronda was this little white girl that would get on the mat and cry.

“I would have to yell at her and say, ‘You better suck your lip back in right now and get on the f–-ing mat. We’re not dealing with your crap, Ronda.’ And she would suck it in. I would say a small joke and maybe smile, and boom, she was on the mat again, and she was f–-ing dudes up. That’s why she’s so good, because she was training with animals like us. And she’s naturally strong. Ronda’s legit.”

“No animosity toward [Tarverdyan and Gamburyan]. Good for Manny, good for Ronda, because Manny’s always there with her at the trainings and stuff, and Ronda might be on her period and she might take her underwear off and stuff, so Manny helps her out with that stuff, too, like with the tampons and everything else.”

“I’m being a dick to them," Parisyan jokingly added, as a way of describing his nearly unfathomable humor.

“You can’t even compare that gym to our gym, bro. We’re an established MMA gym and a judo gym for over 20 years. [Glendale Fighting Club] is a college gym that became an MMA gym somehow because Roman Mitichyan, one of our guys, one of my best training partners and friends, was taking judo over there, which is part of mixed martial arts, and they bring Edmond, (who) eats up Ronda’s brain and he does what he has to do and brings Ronda in. I don’t want to say eats up her brain, but kind of gets her (thinking), ‘You’ve got to this standup.’ Ronda likes Armenians; she’s been around us all her life. She joined the [GFC], and it’s helping her out, I guess. I don’t know."

“Our guys felt a little hurt from her that she’s been a little disrespectful; she thinks she’s big. This is what they say and they think, not me – I could care less. It’s all good between me and her, but the guys, most of the guys, even Gokor, they’re like, all of a sudden she doesn’t train with us. She’ll come by once a year and she has to get dragged there from her mom, like, ‘Oh, just come back and say hi to the guys.’ Now she’s with Glendale. I don’t know what the f–- she does there. She does standup. She does mitt work a little bit, and she might be sparring standup.

“That’s what happened to Manny. Manny went there, these guys said, ‘You don’t need grappling, you don’t need judo, you’re already a master at that, so come train with us more than you train with Hayastan.’ And Manny’s like, OK. Manny went there and trained, and he forgot that he’s a grappler and a judo guy. And he forgot, where a kickboxer like Dennis Siver … can take his back and ground and pound him, taking a grappler’s back. That’s not supposed to happen. Manny fell down a lot, man. Now, he’s back with us and he trains more with us than with them and he sees, ‘What am I doing?’ You can’t forget what your strength is.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...

Gamburyan commented on Twitter.

Manny Gamburyan @MannyGamburyan
Being a dumb Karo Parisian is disrespecting not only me #Ronda my friends to. He just got slapped by Edmond, I hope he learns from this.

Edmond Taverdyan (l), Ronda Rousey (r)

4/28/14 7:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
brahmabull81
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great so this fuckin guy really is Count Chocula. Feeding on fuckin people for Christs sake.

The nerve of this fucking guy.

SAVE RONDA.

lol
4/28/14 7:52 PM
roperninja
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish Hallman would have smashed him on TUF Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 7:55 PM
sockeye
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess I'm the only one who couldn't understand the article, cliffs? Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 7:58 PM
shaqitup
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all i got out of that is manny inserts her tampons.
4/28/14 8:00 PM
Donoghue88
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karo thinks hes amazing, the best in the world and knows the answer to everything - as usual.
4/28/14 8:01 PM
ChaosOverkill
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the underwear thing was where I just couldn't read anymore of that. Karo is a weirdo.

KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - all i got out of that is manny inserts her tampons.
You know what's funny. That is also the only thing I remember. Phone Post 3.0
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like my beats funky,
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
but sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
hey yo fat girl, c'mere--are ya ticklish?
MushroomHead
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sockeye - I guess I'm the only one who couldn't understand the article, cliffs? Phone Post 3.0
In short-

Karo believes Ronda lost her way because she isn't training with Gokor and Karo anymore. He asserts she is training too much stand up and not enough grappling Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:05 PM
Karl Olsson
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda took her underwear off, amazing! Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:08 PM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donoghue88 - Karo thinks hes amazing, the best in the world and knows the answer to everything - as usual.
Do you know who he is bro?????? Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:11 PM
dhughes
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People don't really know who Karo is...and that's the problem. If you knew...you'd know, bro.
4/28/14 8:14 PM
Steven McTowelie
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRAT: Edmund eats peoples' brains and turns them into 'strikers' that forget about their judo and grappling.

Manny has returned and is coming to his senses (though he still changes Ronda's tampons); we can only pray Ronda comes around as well. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:14 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait, so is Edmund a vampire or zombie?? Or some kind of hybrid? I confuse. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:15 PM
Stephen Holder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The funniest shit in the world is the Pulver/Penn season of TUF and the drama that pops off when Karo starts talkin shit to Nate about how he beat his bro when they chest up. Karo seems like a legit dick haha
brahmabull81
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The responses in this thread are GOLD already.
Isaac Bickerstaff
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like Karo is still popping pills after an interview like that.  I have always loved his fighting style and ability when he was in shape, but when he starts talking it is almost always disappointing. 

4/28/14 8:18 PM
Steven McTowelie
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steven McTowelie - FRAT: Edmund eats peoples' brains and turns them into 'strikers' that forget about their judo and grappling.

Manny has returned and is coming to his senses (though he still changes Ronda's tampons); we can only pray Ronda comes around as well. Phone Post 3.0
I assume that Karo wants Ronda back so that it is easier for Manny to continue changing her tampons. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:26 PM
BJ Penn is Irish
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karo is a funny character! Glad to see him back on track and hope he makes another UFC run. His throw on Sanchez is still one of my favorite of all time. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:34 PM
Steven McTowelie

BJ Penn is Irish - Karo is a funny character! Glad to see him back on track and hope he makes another UFC run. His throw on Sanchez is still one of my favorite of all time. Phone Post 3.0
Yes! Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:38 PM
General Tao
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda's tampons Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:41 PM
Fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
It's funny to me because Ronda is just getting better and better. Karo just sounds bitter. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 8:42 PM
JOESONDO
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why has no one made a Edmond zombie gif yet?
4/28/14 8:43 PM
BooZe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - I like my beats funky,
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
but sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
hey yo fat girl, c'mere--are ya ticklish?
Hahaha someone please photo shop humptys nose on him hahaha Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.