UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones jeers fan fears on eye pokes+Liddell, Davis

4/29/14 10:04 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Prior to the UFC 172 main event, UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell said repeatedly that Glover Teixeira would win it, and that in his prime, he would have beaten Jones too.

"I think I would have been a horrible matchup for him," said Liddell. "I would have walked through his punches and he wouldn’t have caught me with anything… I would have found a way to hit him, and I hit too hard."

Liddell's friend and former trainer John Hackleman is the long-time trainer of Glover Teixeira.

The day after the fight, Jones took to Instagram, and rubbed it in.

jonnybones
Talking all that trash before the fight.. you mad bro?

Phil Davis kept up a steady stream of trash talk prior to his fight with Anthony Johnson at UFC 172, but it was directed at Jones.

"He's the champ, and he needs to learn that I soon will be the champ," said Davis. "So he should probably just either just give it to me, which would be the easiest thing, or he could fight me and he could give it to me that way. Probably the easier way would be to just give it up, just walk over here and say, 'You know what? Honestly, I’m scared. I’m just going to give you the belt.'"

"If Jones got beat, that’s just proof that he’s a chicken and he lost to Glover so he didn’t have to fight me next."

Jones didn't get beat, he won. The guy who got beat was Davis.

For Davis, Jones let video do the talking.

By contrast, Anthony Johnson actually took to his social network, and defended Davis. Via Facebook.
Was in twitter earlier and saw so called fans of Phil bashing him saying "You let me down" imo that's wrong and you aren't a true fan. Either love the sport or don't or support a fighter thru thick and thin or not. He didn't let you down you weren't taking the punishment.

During the fight Jones used an open handed pawing style that a series of opponents have complained can lead to eye injury.

Fans even put together an eye poke highlight video.

UFC president Dana White addressed the issue in a post UFC 172 interview.

"We gotta stop that stuff," said White. "The opening of the hands and putting the hands on the face. It's something bad, but you know, it happens with guys who have reach."

Jones later posted a video on Instagram mocking fan concern.

Jon Jones has an unusual manner on social networks. The UFC light heavyweight champion regularly posts messages that even a short period of reflection reveals to be not in his best interests, and he deletes them. He left up the first two above, and quickly deleted the third.

The two he left will doubtless strike some fans as amusing and deserved, while others will find them petty and mean spirited, believing that sometimes the best revenge is simply being the best in the world.

That Jones deleted the video mocking fans speaks for itself.

Jon Jones has the expressed goal of becoming the greatest fighter of all time. But greatness extends beyond technical ability and into character. If Jon Jones aspires to true greatness, the first and presumably simplest thing he can do is stop posting weird stuff on Instagram that he then has to delete. Or, if he wants to be a heel, be a heel; but heels don't remove offensive messages on the regular, they revel in them.

What Jon Jones is doing right now doesn't look like greatness. It is further evidence that the only thing that can stop Jon Jones is Jon Jones, and maybe he is.

4/29/14 10:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cecils_pupils
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones could hold his head high and say nothing, but sometiomes it feels good to rub it in.  Both Davis and Liddell talked too much trash and deserved to get humbled IMO.

4/29/14 10:13 AM
Hate420
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long until he claims he was hacked? Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:21 AM
Sinful1
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the one aimed at Phil Davis is awesome.
4/29/14 10:24 AM
ASchlinky

Did Dana approve Jon's use of UFC property like that? The bald father might get angry.

That was pretty funny though Phone Post
4/29/14 10:31 AM
BreakALegAndy!

cecils_pupils -

Jones could hold his head high and say nothing, but sometiomes it feels good to rub it in.  Both Davis and Liddell talked too much trash and deserved to get humbled IMO.

Lol idiot, Chuck talked no trash, literally said nothing wrong Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:33 AM
NukSooCow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pwnage. Phone Post 3.0
Brockback Mountain
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him.

Everyone wants to talk shit but jones is the man in MMA. Undefeated with a murders row of fights, nice amount of top level finishes.
Cameron0000

BreakALegAndy! -
cecils_pupils -

Except that Jones couldn't hurt. He'd walk straight through anything he could throw and ko him Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:35 AM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you talk shit you have to accept it as well
4/29/14 10:35 AM
IGOTBELCHED

And lol when everyone kept saying prime chuck would beat jones, would he fuck as have beaten jones.
4/29/14 10:40 AM
danggook
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey what the fuck we can't post gifs but Jon Jones can instagram fight sequences???? shenanigans Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:41 AM
danggook
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IGOTBELCHED - And lol when everyone kept saying prime chuck would beat jones, would he fuck as have beaten jones.
I keep reading your post and still can't figure out what it says. is it pro Jones or pro Liddell? Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:41 AM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Chuck talked 0 trash
4/29/14 10:42 AM
Pitbull3744

cecils_pupils - 

Fuck that i wouldve rubbed it in also lol.  Phil was talking so much crazy stupid unwarranted shit it was crazy.  

4/29/14 10:46 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

disbeliever - Chuck talked 0 trash

not sure if serious...
4/29/14 10:53 AM
IGOTBELCHED

danggook - 
IGOTBELCHED - And lol when everyone kept saying prime chuck would beat jones, would he fuck as have beaten jones.
I keep reading your post and still can't figure out what it says. is it pro Jones or pro Liddell? Phone Post 3.0

Sorry british slang, pro jones for once, chuck would've got fucked up, when someone says for example "Chuck Liddell would beat jon jones", you reply "Would he fuck as".
4/29/14 10:56 AM
DTAlexONE
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IGOTBELCHED -
danggook - 

Sorry british slang, pro jones for once, chuck would've got fucked up, when someone says for example "Chuck Liddell would beat jon jones", you reply "Would he fuck as".
Wot m8 Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:58 AM
Blunted Ninja
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BreakALegAndy! -
cecils_pupils -

Neither did Jones. Its all apart of sports and competition. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:59 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Jon takes a lot of shit. I'm glad he is starting to dish it back in the most troll-ish ways possible. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 10:59 AM
DaleSonnen

Chuck was running his mouth, and at the end of the day he was supporting Glover, theres nothing wrong with that, and theres nothing wrong with what Jones did either, thats how shit talkin goes, you dish it, you gotta be able to take it. The only loser in this situation is Davis lol hasnt he learned you never overlook an opponent, that dude ran his damn mouth and got punked, I doubt he'll do that again. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 11:02 AM
Blunted Ninja
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brockback Mountain - Good for him.

Everyone wants to talk shit but jones is the man in MMA. Undefeated with a murders row of fights, nice amount of top level finishes.
Give it enough time and ppl will start saying he didn't fight anybody but cans. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 11:02 AM
1800champagne

IGOTBELCHED -
danggook - 

Is this the "taking the urine" thing I hear Brits like to do? Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 11:06 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Blunted Ninja -
Brockback Mountain - Good for him.

Give it enough time and ppl will start saying he didn't fight anybody but cans. Phone Post 3.0
People already say everyone he has beaten was over the hill. I kind of feel bad for Jones. He has all the talent in the world and has beaten everybody but still gets little respect from hardcore fans. He is also still very young and he keeps getting better. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 11:07 AM
ChicagoTom
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - Jon takes a lot of shit. I'm glad he is starting to dish it back in the most troll-ish ways possible. Phone Post 3.0
Honestly it's making me like him more. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.