UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> McGregor: I’ll annihilate Jose Aldo

5/1/14 1:25 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Early today the UFC announced that Connon McGregor will main event the UFC's return to Ireland against Cole Miller. McGregor was also a guest on UFC Tonight and spoke about the fight and his future in the division:

Conor McGregor on his knee injury: “What knee? The knee is a distant memory. I’m done talking about it. I’ve got the all clear. Someone is going to pay. First in line is Cole Miller on July 19 in my hometown of Dublin.”

McGregor if he’s ready to fight again after the layoff: “I stay ready. That man opened his mouth. He was under the influence of post-fight adrenaline and it has the same effect as alcohol. It makes you brave. But guess what happened? It wore off. Now he has to face the reality that he’s going to face me - me coming back from this injury is a man possessed. I’m going to go in there and break him in the very first exchange.”

McGregor on if Miller has a reach advantage: “He’s slow. He’s scared. I’m fast. I’m fearless. There’s no contest. I see it in his voice, his body language. He’s petrified. I’m coming to get him. And not just him - forget him - I’ve listened to everyone calling me out. Now I’m back and I’m going to rip through them. I’ll smash Chad Mendes, I’ll annihilate Jose Aldo. I’m coming to take over the division. It’s my division.”

McGregor on if he feels pressure headlining the upcoming fight in Ireland: “I don’t feel any pressure whatsoever. A man who wears a suit like this doesn’t feel pressure. Moving around is difficult. In and out of the gym, I have to dodge panty hose, every time I enter and leave. So I’m moving to Iceland to prepare with my teammate who’s the co-main event. It’s a beautiful place, it’s peaceful and the people are nice. It’s isolated and we’ll focus on the contest. I’m coming back July 19 and I’m going to whip Cole Miller.”

McGregor on calling Cub Swanson an old man: “That is true. I didn’t ignore him. I didn’t see him. Then I said ah, old man Swanson. I have no problem with you, but when the time comes I’m going to break you, old man. There was some back and forth. I said I’m just having fun, but keep the old timer away from me.”

5/1/14 1:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This nigga serious? Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 1:29 AM
MojoJojo
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the deuce??!! McWho???
5/1/14 1:33 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Connor McHaggis Meal is starting to remind me of Brandon Vera.
5/1/14 1:45 AM
donkey guard
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He talks a Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 1:46 AM
donkey guard
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good one , great fight promotion

However I hope cole shuts hjm down Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 1:48 AM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boom. finally some fun coming back to mma.
5/1/14 1:50 AM
91W209
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still like Connor but man, that dude is talking hella shit for a guy that hasn't fought too many (any?) top guys. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 1:51 AM
TexasBadAss
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - Connor McHaggis Meal is starting to remind me of Brandon Vera.
I remember chuck sitting at ringside and busted out laughing when he called for both belts. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:05 AM
Fedoral Crime
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm absolutely outraged at what he's saying. I wish he gave answers like every other fighter like "It's going to be a tough fight but I've been training hard and hope to be victorious when we initiate combat".

The UFC doesn't have enough fighters that give bland, painfully boring answers. It doesn't have enough boring wrestling, lay n pray fighters either.

I cant believe he's calling people out that are in the top 10 in his division! Shame on you "Connon" McG. Shame on you. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:09 AM
the CREamcatcher

LOL WTF
5/1/14 2:15 AM
SLOtownG

I like what I've seen of him. Not too big on talk/hype. Beat a top 5er if you get past Cole and I will be interested. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:18 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

Lololololololol

8/10 Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:31 AM
DoomFarmer

This man is saving the featherweight division Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:36 AM
Huntsman

NakedCowboyOnMyRear -

lol@Connor McHaggis

Show some respect.

It's "Connon". Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:04 AM
BigTedBear

Some really good guys standing in his way before he gets to Aldo then again if he gets a few wins I could see them giving him a shot on a big London card it would draw. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:23 AM
MDubz

This guy is retarded, Cole will sub him out and he will continue talking shit from obscurity. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:30 AM
painfulapathy

Ha ha Connor is hilarious Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:31 AM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A welcome change. Now lets see if he can back it up Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:37 AM
brigsy
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - I'm absolutely outraged at what he's saying. I wish he gave answers like every other fighter like "It's going to be a tough fight but I've been training hard and hope to be victorious when we initiate combat".

The UFC doesn't have enough fighters that give bland, painfully boring answers. It doesn't have enough boring wrestling, lay n pray fighters either.

I cant believe he's calling people out that are in the top 10 in his division! Shame on you "Connon" McG. Shame on you. Phone Post 3.0
Vu! We need more bland fighters. This sport isn't cookie cutter enough for my liking. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:58 AM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love it. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 4:07 AM
neddac
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm Irish, a big McGregor fan (in a Chael like kind of way, he;s a spoectacle) but he better back this chat up or he'll be a laughing stock.

That in itself shoudl be motivation to win.
5/1/14 4:07 AM
Fedoral Crime
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brigsy -
Fedoral Crime - I'm absolutely outraged at what he's saying. I wish he gave answers like every other fighter like "It's going to be a tough fight but I've been training hard and hope to be victorious when we initiate combat".

Vu! We need more bland fighters. This sport isn't cookie cutter enough for my liking. Phone Post 3.0
Back at you hombre. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 4:08 AM
Skeletor68
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out Conor at 1:52. So funny.

5/1/14 4:12 AM
pray for japan

bispingish talk. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.