UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hackleman to Jones: Don't be a douchebag

5/1/14 10:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Leading up to the UFC 172 main event between champion Jon Jones and challenger Glover Teixeira , UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell said repeatedly that Glover Teixeira would win it, and that in his prime, he would have beaten Jones too.

"I think I would have been a horrible matchup for him," said Liddell. "I would have walked through his punches and he wouldn’t have caught me with anything… I would have found a way to hit him, and I hit too hard."

Liddell's friend and former trainer John Hackleman is the long-time trainer of Glover Teixeira.

The day after the fight, Jones took to Instagram, and rubbed it in.

jonnybones
Talking all that trash before the fight.. you mad bro?

Now in an interview with MMA Fight Hub, Hackleman has some pointed advice for Jones.

Fight Hub TV: Did you think that the arm crank and eye pokes were “dirty fighting”?

John Hackleman: I don’t think it was dirty for the arm crank. I think he saw it and the opportunity, I mean if you see it you’re gonna take it, like if you have a kimura you will crank until it breaks or you hit someone’s chin until you knock them out. The eye poke, I think that is the blame on the glove in this fight, there are times when it is blatant but I would not call Jon Jones a dirty fighter because of this past fight, no.

FHTV: Beyond the pre-fight talk, Jones has gone on Instagram and posted a picture of Liddell post fight, poking fun at him after his good friend lost, what do you make of that? (Ed. Note: Time of interview, John Hackleman had not seen the posting, Fight Hub TV emailed the link to him, to which he responded in the interview and via his Twitter)

JH: I hope that Jon’s not posting pictures or doing anything like that. I feel that is disrespectful if he is and not very humble and Christian of him and how he wants us to perceive him. I don’t know, maybe it is his manager or someone in his circle trying to stir the pot or something but that is a douche move. If he did do it or does know about it, I would take them down and have some more respect and I hope it is not him, I have a lot of respect for him. If he knows about it, don’t be a douchebag and do that – take the pictures down, show a little more respect and treat this like a martial art.

FHTV: Looking at it from strictly martial arts, how does our Hawaiian Kempo style differ from traditional Ed Parker, Kenpo Karate?

JH: Night and day between us. They have a lot of the forms and katas still in their system structure and I took that away. I did not see where it was functional or realistic in a real world scenario. I had to do all of it to earn my rank and can remember like a “shooting star stance” or “tiger’s claw” and had to do all of that thinking – when am I going to use this? My teachers would just tell me, do it and when you’re black belt you won’t need to do it again.

Read entire interview...

5/1/14 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haters gonna hate? Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:03 AM
Los Angeles
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll never forget all the moments Chuck gave us. Biggest Rockstar the UFC has ever had. Was the definition of a true fighter. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:04 AM
DonDon11
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's like telling water to stop being wet. It isn't gonna happen. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:05 AM
Phisher
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, have some respect Jon.

Treat this thing like the honorable amalgamation of martial arts that it is. How dare you besmirch a venerated zen master like Chuck Liddell:

I'm sorry, but this shit about Liddell being so fucking ennobled in this sport that "you mad bro" is considered to be some sort of unconscionable insult is fucking ridiculous, especially considering the fact that "UFC executive" Liddell was talking stupid shit about KOing Jones in the the lead up to a fight that he was supposed to be promoting.

5/1/14 11:25 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Glover's trainer doesn't like Jones and was vocal about it after Jon beat his guy badly for 5 rounds. Big surprise. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:28 AM
GodSaveTheReem
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know why this makes me like Jones even more? Because it was completely honest and a true show of emotions and feelings. Him posting that isn't some sort of highly manicured personality that is designed to get people to like him.

If someone is talking shit about you and then you go on to prove that they are wrong, I think you are entitled to gloat a little bit. Chuck and Hackleman talked the talk but Jones actually walked the walk.
5/1/14 11:29 AM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:29 AM
Phisher
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuckliddellstein - OMG A WORLD FAMOUS MAN HAVING FUN WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!!! HOW DARE HE!!! HOW DAAAAARE HEEEE!!!

Relax

Ya big gay Phone Post 3.0

Why don't tell the clown who thinks that "you mad bro" is some sort contempable insult that's beneath the integrity of the sport to calm down?

Hackelman sounds like a fucking butthurt bitch, and if he'd gotten into this exchange with anybody but Jones, he'd be getting roasted right now.

5/1/14 11:30 AM
sacredhate
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck was a disrespectful fucker in his prime too.

It still warms my heart that when Zuffa tried to give Chuck the title by handing him a 38 year old, down and own Couture, that Randy claimed the belt in spectacular fashion.

then liddell left the UFC for a year to show those pride guys a thing or two...until he met up with Rampage.

Remember, when Chuck was in his prime, not everyone thought UFC had the best fighters.

5/1/14 11:31 AM
PhoqueME
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

Treat this thing like the honorable amalgamation of martial arts that it is. How dare you besmirch a venerated zen master like Chuck Liddell:

I'm sorry, but this shit about Liddell being so fucking ennobled in this sport that "you mad bro" is considered to be some sort of unconscionable insult is fucking ridiculous, especially considering the fact that "UFC executive" Liddell was talking stupid shit about KOing Jones in the the lead up to a fight that he was supposed to be promoting.

Don't forget chucks drunk interview on good morning Dallas or whatever it was. Just like Ali and Tyson, all greats start off hated when they are doing what they do but when it's all said and done, when the curtain closed people will miss their performances and are loved after the fact. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:32 AM
Cosuir

Not very humble and christian.. classic quote of the week. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:36 AM
Cameron0000

If the shoe was on the other foot.... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:41 AM
nsbroc

Jones has been cracking me up as of recent
DJmixmasterMobbie

ug blog
NukSooCow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That pic of chuck making out with that chick with his eyes open grosses me out hahaha Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:43 AM
Phisher

PhoqueME - 
Phisher -

Don't forget chucks drunk interview on good morning Dallas or whatever it was. Just like Ali and Tyson, all greats start off hated when they are doing what they do but when it's all said and done, when the curtain closed people will miss their performances and are loved after the fact. Phone Post 3.0

Nothing says "humble martial arts master" like showing up drunk and coked out from the night before to do an interview on local television for your employer.

5/1/14 11:47 AM
Rudi

Phisher -
PhoqueME - 
Phisher -

Nothing says "humble martial arts master" like showing up drunk and coked out from the night before to do an interview on local television for your employer.

It was cough medicine but ok Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:48 AM
Phisher

Rudi - 
Phisher -
PhoqueME - 
Phisher -

Sure bro. I bet you still believe in Santa Claus too.

5/1/14 11:57 AM
SQUEEZIE

Los Angeles - I'll never forget all the moments Chuck gave us. Biggest Rockstar the UFC has ever had. Was the definition of a true fighter. Phone Post 3.0

ill never forget when he fought his best opponents thats for sure
5/1/14 11:59 AM
Rudi

Phisher -
Rudi - 
Phisher -
PhoqueME - 
Phisher -

Sure bro. I bet you still believe in Santa Claus too.

How stupid can you be? Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 12:02 PM
PhoqueME
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck WAS NOT on drugs for that interview. The Nsac tested him right after and he passed. Not sure if he was drunk or not tho. The test was the next day I believe and I don't know the extent of the test but he wasn't on drugs. Claims he took NyQuil and lunesta the night before but only recieved 3 hours of sleep so the pills were making him fall back asleep. Either way he never should have taken that interview and that was the point I was trying to get access when I mentioned it originally. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 12:06 PM
sacredhate
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chuck...master of the 1000 yard stare
5/1/14 12:07 PM
SQUEEZIE

Rudi - 
Phisher -
PhoqueME - 
Phisher -

lmao.i hope this guy is serious but at the same time i dont because wow!

was it lil weezie or 3-6 mafia's type of cough medicine (sizzurp)
5/1/14 12:07 PM
cecils_pupils

Voted up homie - well said.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.