UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Don't ever talk to the police!

5/1/14 10:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shogun of Harlem
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't talk to police
5/1/14 10:58 AM
e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worth listening to once a year..

5/1/14 11:52 AM
Lessphilling
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent VU
5/1/14 11:53 AM
Meastt
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 11:54 AM
jude099
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would be the threshold for this? Like, obviously when u get pulled over for speeding you can talk to them, but if someone breaks into your house, no? Is this across the board? Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 1:44 PM
n3g
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jude099 - What would be the threshold for this? Like, obviously when u get pulled over for speeding you can talk to them, but if someone breaks into your house, no? Is this across the board? Phone Post 3.0

You never talk to them.. ever. Especially if you got pulled over. All traffic stops are a way to A. Raise money for the city/town or B. A fishing operation to try to get you on something else.

And the whole "well I haven't done anything wrong so its fine to talk to them" is dumb. There are SOOO many laws and regs on the books you are doing something wrong most of your waking hours and if the COP is a big enough dick he will cite you on it.
5/1/14 1:47 PM
The Donkeypuncher
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely. Never say anything. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 1:51 PM
KneeUpperCut Ios

Not talking to the police for a minor traffic violation is a good way to fuck up your own day.

Have fun with that.
5/1/14 2:03 PM
Fighting
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KneeUpperCut Ios - Not talking to the police for a minor traffic violation is a good way to fuck up your own day.

Have fun with that.
Truth. I just got pulled over for going 46 in a 35. Cop approaches car goes through his "do you know how fast you were going?" He then asks me where im headed. I was almost going to say to your mother's house, or most likely, none of your business. I went with the truth instead. Told him on the way to work.

Magically, he let me go with a warning. I would bet you a million dollars if i didnt answer his simple questions i would have gotten the speeding ticket and anything else he could find. Not worth it! Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:06 PM
TGP
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting -
KneeUpperCut Ios - Not talking to the police for a minor traffic violation is a good way to fuck up your own day.

Have fun with that.
Truth. I just got pulled over for going 46 in a 35. Cop approaches car goes through his "do you know how fast you were going?" He then asks me where im headed. I was almost going to say to your mother's house, or most likely, none of your business. I went with the truth instead. Told him on the way to work.

Magically, he let me go with a warning. I would bet you a million dollars if i didnt answer his simple questions i would have gotten the speeding ticket and anything else he could find. Not worth it! Phone Post 3.0
These guys get it..... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:30 PM
KneeUpperCut Ios

Fighting - 

Have fun with that.

I've had similar situations. Ran a stop sign (allegedly). Told the cop that I don't recall running a stop sign, but I believe him. Let me off with a warning.

I wonder what would have happened if I told him I refuse to speak to him.
5/1/14 2:31 PM
SMOKING MANHOLE
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting -

Have fun with that.

I completely agree with that scenario but you also need to know how to choose your battles. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:32 PM
TFK_othree
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think "DON'T TALK TO COPS EVER" is good advice.

I believe "be in control of your words when talking to police officers" is far better advice.

5/1/14 2:36 PM
Zeke Dynasty
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And stick to your "inside voice" Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:38 PM
headroll
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got pulled over for an expired license plate. I knew why he was pulling me over. It was about a week past the last day of the month it expired. I was cooperative with him and answered his questions. I told him I had just put off getting it renewed and that I was planning on taking care of it on Monday (this was a Saturday) he let me go with no ticket and told me to get it taken care of right away. I can't imagine him not giving me a ticket if I had sat there refusing to answer or speak to him. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:39 PM
LakerUp
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TGP -
Fighting -

Have fun with that.

These guys get it..... Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 2:52 PM
TFK_othree
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And yeah. There are three distinct situations in my life where if I had either refused to talk to cops, or had not been as polite as I was, I probably would have ended up with a ticket or in the case of the first situation in jail.

Being polite is the #1 key. With the way your average citizen acts today, it doesn't surprise me that so many cops jump right in with an aggressive tone and demeanor. They deal with the dregs of society all day long. Quickly being polite has changed a situation drastically for me on multiple occasions.

5/1/14 2:55 PM
Willybone
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

e. kaye - 

Worth listening to once a year..

+1

I've given my wife and kids the rundown, but I really should have them watch the video, too.

5/1/14 3:02 PM
jude099
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n3g - 
jude099 - What would be the threshold for this? Like, obviously when u get pulled over for speeding you can talk to them, but if someone breaks into your house, no? Is this across the board? Phone Post 3.0

You never talk to them.. ever. Especially if you got pulled over. All traffic stops are a way to A. Raise money for the city/town or B. A fishing operation to try to get you on something else.

And the whole "well I haven't done anything wrong so its fine to talk to them" is dumb. There are SOOO many laws and regs on the books you are doing something wrong most of your waking hours and if the COP is a big enough dick he will cite you on it.

yeah, no. let me know how it goes next time you get pulled over and stand mute.
5/1/14 3:25 PM
ClemenzasCannoli
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 4:18 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I take it a step further and never say anything to anyone. You never know who is actually an undercover LEO. could be your supposed 'friend' you've known your whole life, or even you own son you thought you loved. Never speak. Ever. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 4:50 PM
tornadochoke
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah. One time my wife left because her grandma was in the hospital and the deal is if I cook she does the dishes and vice versa. Well she left to check on her grandma. Well my kids dialed 911 something a 7/4/2 year Olds might do to see what happens. Well I didn't know and the cops are at my door for probably 10 minutes. My kids come tell me so I go answer the door cops ask if everything is okay I tell them yes. One officer gets mad because my 2 year old is running around with just a diaper on. So anyway they ask to come in I say okay fine. They come in and see dieu dishes and a dirty pan on the stove . One officer proceed to tell me how shitty a father I am for leaving dishes and takes photos them goes through my house and says my laundry room is unexceptable. Takes photos . My wife comes home and the cop stays be littling her. Then he calls social services to have my kids removed. They are too busy to come . My mom shows up cop okays her taking my kids. Now because of a dirty kitchen and cloths in my laundry room my kids are in the process of being taken away. Cop asked who wants the ticket and my wife takes it. Boom Court and 8k in fines/fee's/classes. Social services takes 5 days to come by and talk. She sees our house see photos and says there's no issues. Individually interviews me my wife and the 2 older kids and no issues nothing.

Before this I never had issues with police. I'm a pretty good citizen. But this cop ducked my family's life for a year. Because he wanted to. I now know I should have never okay ed them coming in my house and have vary little trust. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 5:10 PM
baj54

Do the dishes next time a-hole and sh!t like that wouldn't of happened. Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 5:15 PM
TFK_othree

Okay yeah.

Politely responding to a cop after getting pulled over while selecting your word usage carefully is one thing...

Letting them into your home without a warrant is an entirely separate thing, holy shit NEVER EVER do that. 

5/1/14 5:17 PM
Jack Carter
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KneeUpperCut Ios - Not talking to the police for a minor traffic violation is a good way to fuck up your own day.

Have fun with that.

True.

If you dun goofed, you confess immediately. That's your only chance of avoiding a ticket. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.