UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Anybody here watching lacrosse?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/11/14 10:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Sultan
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More games on today.

Bryant vs Syracuse is the most interesting to me. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 1:41 PM
tjmitch
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopkins/virginia is on right now....
5/11/14 2:31 PM
LastDon
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've watched every game this weekend, and it's killing me.

This is the first lax season I've missed in 17 years. The Army dragged me to OK, so I haven't played or coached at all this year.

It's a cruel tease. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:28 PM
tjmitch
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So many good games - and tons of talent out there Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:37 PM
The Sultan
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch - Hopkins/virginia is on right now....
Ya was just watching that game. Hopkins came to play after not making the tournament last year.

My favorite was the Hopkins team that had AJ Haugen on it. He was incredible to watch. He could snipe on the run from 15 yds out with either hand. Jump shots both hands.

He scored 23 or more goals in each of his final three seasons and capped his career with a five-goal masterpiece against Syracuse in the 2000 NCAA Semifinals – to this day still one of the top individual performances in an NCAA tournament game. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:46 PM
The Sultan

Currently watching Penn vs Drexel

Air Force vs Duke coming up at 5

And Bryant vs Syracuse at 730

Love Duke this year overall and Syracuse just defeated Duke in a nail biter about 2 wks ago. They were down by 2 with under 2 min and scored twice quickly to win including a behind the back feed to one time quick stick goal for the game with 2 secs left in regulation.

Such a sick game.

Unc vs Notre Dame was on the same day and was also another 1 goal victory with seconds left on the clock. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:56 PM
thebronxbomber
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LETS GO SYRACUSE!! If they lose then cornell. Had a few cousins and friends play at Syracuse. Most recent was Joel white. He wasn't to bad Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:57 PM
thebronxbomber
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be first year in a king time I haven't went and partied for the tournament. It's a hell of a time. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 4:10 PM
tjmitch

I wonder how Albany is going to do when they face 'complete' teams. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 4:14 PM
The Sultan

tjmitch - I wonder how Albany is going to do when they face 'complete' teams. Phone Post 3.0
Yea. As you get deeper in the tournament you face the best teams in the country and you need very deep rosters to compete. A team like syracuse or duke has second and third stringers that could be the stars of lesser known teams.

Although ill admit that i hope that Albany does well. I love cinderella stories. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 7:35 PM
tjmitch

Yeah a team like duke isn't going to let one guy beat them Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 8:08 PM
TFK_Dagz
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -
tjmitch - I wonder how Albany is going to do when they face 'complete' teams. Phone Post 3.0
Yea. As you get deeper in the tournament you face the best teams in the country and you need very deep rosters to compete. A team like syracuse or duke has second and third stringers that could be the stars of lesser known teams.

Although ill admit that i hope that Albany does well. I love cinderella stories. Phone Post 3.0
Loyola was a pretty stacked team and were ranked #1. If albany's goalie stays hot they have a shot at beating anybody. I'm rooting for them it's a great story plus I have a teammate from hs that played there. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 8:09 PM
Gforce
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only problem with high level lacrosse is that the stick skills are such that the ball is rarely on the ground.

Give me a JUCO game any day. Ball on the ground = people being LAID OUT around it.
5/11/14 8:56 PM
The Sultan

TFK_Dagz -
The Sultan -

Loyola was a pretty stacked team and were ranked #1. If albany's goalie stays hot they have a shot at beating anybody. I'm rooting for them it's a great story plus I have a teammate from hs that played there. Phone Post 3.0
Yes absolutely. That was such an under reported performance. Their goalie was unbelievable stopping so many tight shots. When a goalie plays well it can really pump up the offense and make for a lot of momentum.

We had an all american goalie on my lax team and we used to feed off of his energy. He even scored a couple of goals. He was a beast. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 8:59 PM
The Sultan

Gforce - The only problem with high level lacrosse is that the stick skills are such that the ball is rarely on the ground.

Give me a JUCO game any day. Ball on the ground = people being LAID OUT around it.
I watch for offensive wizadry so i like to watch high level offensive lacrosse. I'd rather watch football for the big hits. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:04 PM
The Sultan

Wow, Bryant is really giving Syracuse a run for their money. Bryant ahead 7-5. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:34 PM
The Sultan

Damn, Bryant seriously close to upsetting syracuse. Ahead 9-7 with under 5 min to go.

Their faceoff man amd their goalie having big games....they keep stopping syracuse and then they end up scoring on the offensive end.

It would be a huge upset if they slay the juggernaut syracuse offense in the 1st rd of the playoffs. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:36 PM
The Sultan

Syracuse scores to bring it to 9-8.

Syracuse is amazing at finishing out close games and getting the goals they need in the final ticks of a game. Ive seen them win a game in under a minute scoring 3 or 4 goals in a quick flurry. They are unreal in that regard. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:38 PM
The Sultan

Wow, what a flurry. Bryant Goalie, Gunner makes a huge stop to save the game ans syracuse lays a huge hit on one of the middies. Penalty called. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:40 PM
B Sharps
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, this would be a huge upset.
5/11/14 9:40 PM
The Sultan

1:30 left in the game, Syracuse down by 2....exciting game! Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:44 PM
The Sultan

Jesus this game is intense. Syracuse scores an insane goal with 7 sec left they cut it down to a 1 goal deficit.

This game is nuts.

All comes down to this next faceoff. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:46 PM
The Sultan

Syracuse makes an incredible shot but the goalie saves the game!!

Bryant wins!! Huge upset. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:46 PM
B Sharps
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, what an upset!
5/11/14 10:04 PM
The Sultan

B Sharps - Wow, what an upset!
This is the first time in NCAA history that 4 unseeded teams make the quarter finals.

The huge juggernaut teams are beginning to fall victim to unseeded, lesser know teams. Teams like Albany defeating Loyola and now Bryant defeating Syracuse on the road in the carrier dome. Huge win for them. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.