UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Anybody here watching lacrosse?

5/12/14 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
papasmurf24
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan - 
tjmitch - Hopkins/virginia is on right now....
Ya was just watching that game. Hopkins came to play after not making the tournament last year.

My favorite was the Hopkins team that had AJ Haugen on it. He was incredible to watch. He could snipe on the run from 15 yds out with either hand. Jump shots both hands.

He scored 23 or more goals in each of his final three seasons and capped his career with a five-goal masterpiece against Syracuse in the 2000 NCAA Semifinals – to this day still one of the top individual performances in an NCAA tournament game. Phone Post 3.0

I defended AJ in HS and College. The guy is a damn beast.
5/12/14 11:13 AM
papasmurf24
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TFK_Dagz - 
The Sultan -
tjmitch - I wonder how Albany is going to do when they face 'complete' teams. Phone Post 3.0
Yea. As you get deeper in the tournament you face the best teams in the country and you need very deep rosters to compete. A team like syracuse or duke has second and third stringers that could be the stars of lesser known teams.

Although ill admit that i hope that Albany does well. I love cinderella stories. Phone Post 3.0
Loyola was a pretty stacked team and were ranked #1. If albany's goalie stays hot they have a shot at beating anybody. I'm rooting for them it's a great story plus I have a teammate from hs that played there. Phone Post 3.0

Because of their offense, their defense isn't very strong, thats why the thompsons put on a show imo
5/12/14 11:19 AM
tjmitch
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great weekend of Lacrosse. I love this time of year.
5/12/14 11:24 AM
papasmurf24

tjmitch - Great weekend of Lacrosse. I love this time of year.

I couldn't even look away to post on this thread. My team lost but the rest of the games were so great I didn't even care.
5/12/14 12:28 PM
tjmitch
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dukes Midfielder Jones is a match up nightmare for teams, just like the brothers from Albany. I think the difference is the rest of Duke top to bottom is a better team. If you can shut down Jones, Duke is still the best team in the country. If you shut down the Thomspon bros Albany becomes a very ordinary team.

Of course, shutting down those 2 is easier said than done, they are fucking ridicoulsly good.
5/13/14 12:37 PM
The Sultan
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch - Dukes Midfielder Jones is a match up nightmare for teams, just like the brothers from Albany. I think the difference is the rest of Duke top to bottom is a better team. If you can shut down Jones, Duke is still the best team in the country. If you shut down the Thomspon bros Albany becomes a very ordinary team.

Of course, shutting down those 2 is easier said than done, they are fucking ridicoulsly good.
Miles Thompson has 79 goals this season. There are entire teams that do not have that many goals for a reason. Unreal.

And Lyle is retarded good. That kids hands are money.

I love the fast break.

Lyle, Miles, Ty........money. Phone Post 3.0
5/13/14 12:38 PM
The Sultan
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant wait for the quarterfinals. Should be sick games. Saturday and Sunday of this week. Phone Post 3.0
5/13/14 1:23 PM
EasyTapper
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My cousin-in-law (if there is such a thing) plays for Hopkins. Phone Post 3.0
5/13/14 3:34 PM
The Sultan

The Sultan -
tjmitch - Dukes Midfielder Jones is a match up nightmare for teams, just like the brothers from Albany. I think the difference is the rest of Duke top to bottom is a better team. If you can shut down Jones, Duke is still the best team in the country. If you shut down the Thomspon bros Albany becomes a very ordinary team.

Miles Thompson has 79 goals this season. There are entire teams that do not have that many goals for a reason. Unreal.

And Lyle is retarded good. That kids hands are money.

I love the fast break.

Lyle, Miles, Ty........money. Phone Post 3.0
*season Phone Post 3.0
5/14/14 10:09 PM
j-money
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really follow lacrosse much, though I do watch some of the NCAA tournament from time to time. The World Lacrosse Championship is taking place in July. Any of you guys planning on watching it? Think I'm going to after reading this thread.
5/14/14 10:53 PM
RKing85
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't watch field lacross, but definitly a NLL fan.

Was there in Colorado the night Gary Gait had his number retired.
5/18/14 6:51 PM
j-money
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Albany/Notre Dame game was great. Miles Thompson had some stupid goals.
5/20/14 2:46 AM
The Sultan

Cant wait for the semifinals this sat and the championship game Monday. DIII national title played this weekend too. Tufts University is in the national finals again this year. I hope they take the whole thing again.
5/24/14 3:48 PM
B Sharps
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dukes in, Maryland v Notre Dame starts in a few.
5/24/14 4:22 PM
The Sultan

Yup watching that right now.

I went mountain biking this am and missed the Duke/Denver game. Sucks cuz i really wanted to see it. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/14 4:26 PM
The Sultan

Dukes new helmets were fucking SICK. D1 has the best gear. New uniforms like every game, new equipment. Those guys got it good. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/14 4:40 PM
The Sultan

The Irish are playing very well. I wouldnt be surprised if they take the game today.

The gutsy comeback they engineered vs Albany was epic. That team just has no quit in them. Very potent and dangerous team. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/14 4:46 PM
The Sultan

Jesus, Matt Kavanagh is lethal. Dude is dialed in and sniping goals. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/14 6:49 PM
ShadowPM
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UMD couldn't get it going! Duke takes it all IMO. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/14 9:32 PM
The Sultan

ShadowPM - UMD couldn't get it going! Duke takes it all IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Yea i agree. It sucked watching Josh Dionne get hurt as that dude was such a monster on the left side for Duke. He was to Jordan Wolf what Max Quinzani was to Ned Crotty and what Zack Greer was for Matt Danowski.

Its so awesome to see an attack line with incredible talent and the developed chemistry over the years. Its such a pleasure to watch. I watched each one of those attack lines and have followed Duke for 14 - 15 years. Back when they had Kevin Cassese.

I still believe Duke is going to take it all. They are just too potent on offense. Keenan, the attackman who replaced Dionne, still had an unbelievable game today. 4G, 1A....Even their backups can put up serious numbers. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 12:25 AM
tjmitch

Yeah, duke is too deep and playing so smooth - they win this going away Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:39 AM
Powdered Toast Man
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always been a face-off fan, fun to watch Raffa, now that Bryant and the number one guy (Massa) are out.

Massa won 22-23 face-offs against Syracuse.
5/25/14 1:41 AM
ShadowPM
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -
Yea i agree. It sucked watching Josh Dionne get hurt as that dude was such a monster on the left side for Duke. He was to Jordan Wolf what Max Quinzani was to Ned Crotty and what Zack Greer was for Matt Danowski.

Its so awesome to see an attack line with incredible talent and the developed chemistry over the years. Its such a pleasure to watch. I watched each one of those attack lines and have followed Duke for 14 - 15 years. Back when they had Kevin Cassese.

I still believe Duke is going to take it all. They are just too potent on offense. Keenan, the attackman who replaced Dionne, still had an unbelievable game today. 4G, 1A....Even their backups can put up serious numbers. Phone Post 3.0
Then you must remember dan hauber? I played him when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior.

Left attack, he had me on D. To this day, he hit me harder than anyone- including 12 years of training boxing, MT, and Bjj. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 5:16 PM
The Sultan

ShadowPM -
The Sultan -

Then you must remember dan hauber? I played him when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior.

Left attack, he had me on D. To this day, he hit me harder than anyone- including 12 years of training boxing, MT, and Bjj. Phone Post 3.0
Did you go to Watkins Mill? Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 5:17 PM
The Sultan

DirtySoxShow - I haven't watched much lacrosse in my time but when it comes on Espn I usually check it out. Seems like Duke is a top team every year. Every time I see one of their games it's not even close. Raping bitches, on and off the field.
They were wrongly accused and exhonorated of those charges. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.