UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Anybody here watching lacrosse?

5/26/14 12:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShadowPM
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -
ShadowPM -
The Sultan -
ShadowPM - UMD couldn't get it going! Duke takes it all IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Yea i agree. It sucked watching Josh Dionne get hurt as that dude was such a monster on the left side for Duke. He was to Jordan Wolf what Max Quinzani was to Ned Crotty and what Zack Greer was for Matt Danowski.

Its so awesome to see an attack line with incredible talent and the developed chemistry over the years. Its such a pleasure to watch. I watched each one of those attack lines and have followed Duke for 14 - 15 years. Back when they had Kevin Cassese.

I still believe Duke is going to take it all. They are just too potent on offense. Keenan, the attackman who replaced Dionne, still had an unbelievable game today. 4G, 1A....Even their backups can put up serious numbers. Phone Post 3.0
Then you must remember dan hauber? I played him when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior.

Left attack, he had me on D. To this day, he hit me harder than anyone- including 12 years of training boxing, MT, and Bjj. Phone Post 3.0
Did you go to Watkins Mill? Phone Post 3.0
Close- magruder. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:21 AM
thebronxbomber
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DirtySoxShow -
The Sultan - 
DirtySoxShow - I haven't watched much lacrosse in my time but when it comes on Espn I usually check it out. Seems like Duke is a top team every year. Every time I see one of their games it's not even close. Raping bitches, on and off the field.
They were wrongly accused and exhonorated of those charges. Phone Post 3.0

I know man. I'm just dickin around. They do seem to be a powerhouse every year though. Just about every game I've ever seen has Duke or John Hopkins in it.
You can't leave the most dominate lax program in history off there and that's Syracuse orange. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 8:33 AM
The Sultan
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShadowPM -
The Sultan -
ShadowPM -
The Sultan -
Yea i agree. It sucked watching Josh Dionne get hurt as that dude was such a monster on the left side for Duke. He was to Jordan Wolf what Max Quinzani was to Ned Crotty and what Zack Greer was for Matt Danowski.

Its so awesome to see an attack line with incredible talent and the developed chemistry over the years. Its such a pleasure to watch. I watched each one of those attack lines and have followed Duke for 14 - 15 years. Back when they had Kevin Cassese.

I still believe Duke is going to take it all. They are just too potent on offense. Keenan, the attackman who replaced Dionne, still had an unbelievable game today. 4G, 1A....Even their backups can put up serious numbers. Phone Post 3.0
Then you must remember dan hauber? I played him when I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior.

Left attack, he had me on D. To this day, he hit me harder than anyone- including 12 years of training boxing, MT, and Bjj. Phone Post 3.0
Thats cool man...how long did you play for? Since youth league? Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 8:40 AM
The Sultan
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thebronxbomber -
DirtySoxShow -
The Sultan - 
DirtySoxShow - I haven't watched much lacrosse in my time but when it comes on Espn I usually check it out. Seems like Duke is a top team every year. Every time I see one of their games it's not even close. Raping bitches, on and off the field.
They were wrongly accused and exhonorated of those charges. Phone Post 3.0

I know man. I'm just dickin around. They do seem to be a powerhouse every year though. Just about every game I've ever seen has Duke or John Hopkins in it.
You can't leave the most dominate lax program in history off there and that's Syracuse orange. Phone Post 3.0
Ya Duke and Syracuse are my favorites.

I loved watching during the powells era (right around when I started playing) late 90's....It was cool to see Ryan Powell and Casey Powell playing together. Them chasing the record books.

And now Lyle Thompson and Miles Thompson playing together at Albany chasing the record books. The amazing thing is that they surpassed everyone without reaching the semis or the title game. One of my favorite games of all time was the Syracuse/Hopkins semi final of 2000. Had some outstanding players. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 8:43 AM
ShadowPM
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -
ShadowPM -
The Sultan -
ShadowPM -
The Sultan -

Thats cool man...how long did you play for? Since youth league? Phone Post 3.0
Played from 6th grade through fall ball freshman year of college. Found Bjj there and dropped competitive lacrosse for good.

Are you local too? Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 8:45 AM
The Sultan

Has anyone here seen the inaugural MLL game? That game was so sick to watch. The first time the best of the best all came together to play. It was such a sick game.

Another one of my favorites was the 1998 World Cup Finals. Still regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. The Attack unit for the Americans was Casey Powell, Jesse Hubbard and Mark Millon. Millon had such an incredible game. Watching him as a youngster made me want to play like him. I bought his instructional videos and trained day and night. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 11:26 AM
j-money
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan - Has anyone here seen the inaugural MLL game? That game was so sick to watch. The first time the best of the best all came together to play. It was such a sick game.

Another one of my favorites was the 1998 World Cup Finals. Still regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. The Attack unit for the Americans was Casey Powell, Jesse Hubbard and Mark Millon. Millon had such an incredible game. Watching him as a youngster made me want to play like him. I bought his instructional videos and trained day and night. Phone Post 3.0

Are you going to watch the World Lacrosse Championship this year? I found it interesting there's an Iroquois team, and they've placed in the top five a few times. I know it's a game invented by Native Americans. I just thought that was cool about an all Native team competing.
5/26/14 12:39 PM
The Sultan

j-money -
The Sultan - Has anyone here seen the inaugural MLL game? That game was so sick to watch. The first time the best of the best all came together to play. It was such a sick game.

Are you going to watch the World Lacrosse Championship this year? I found it interesting there's an Iroquois team, and they've placed in the top five a few times. I know it's a game invented by Native Americans. I just thought that was cool about an all Native team competing.
Yeap im going to check it out.

The all native teams are going to be awesome this year. The Thompson trio will be competing with them.

The only downside is the americans have sooooo many awesome players that the depth of the US team is usually what blows out the other teams.

This year the US, Canada, Iroquois teams should all be great games. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:39 PM
The Sultan

The national title game is set to start in about 20 min, cant wait for the game. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:47 PM
The Sultan

Check out the Duke Helmets. Very sick.

Check out @Inside_Lacrosse's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Inside_Lacrosse/status/470946770105536512 Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 2:50 PM
The Sultan

Duke started slow but picking it up. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 2:57 PM
The Sultan

Matt Kavanagh is so clutch. Won the game several times for Notre Dame amd just scored to bring the game 8-5 for Duke.

The current score not really indicative of the way the game has been going. Notre Dame was playing very slow, now they have some momentum.

Notre Dame on the man up after scoring the last goal. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 2:58 PM
The Sultan

Notre Dame just scored again to bring it to 8-6. Now we have ourselves a game. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 3:01 PM
The Sultan

Trading goals. Game is getting very exciting. Thriller Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 3:09 PM
The Sultan

Notre Dame one more time to cut it to 9-8. Great game. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 3:36 PM
The Sultan

Final: Duke 10 Notre Dame 8

Duke wins back to back NCAA titles. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 3:40 PM
The Sultan

Check out @Inside_Lacrosse's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Inside_Lacrosse/status/471012205945573376 Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 3:42 PM
The Sultan

Check out @Inside_Lacrosse's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Inside_Lacrosse/status/471010051768193024 Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 8:31 PM
The Sultan

In case you missed it, they are re-airing the final between duke and notre dame at 9 pm on espnu

Check out @QKessenich's Tweet: https://twitter.com/QKessenich/status/471083183262285825 Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 8:39 PM
tjmitch
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 9:10 PM
The Sultan

The Sultan - Final: Duke 10 Notre Dame 8

Duke wins back to back NCAA titles. Phone Post 3.0
I made a mistake.

It was 11-9 Phone Post 3.0
7/10/14 11:02 AM
j-money
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

World Lacrosse Championship starts today. USA is playing Canada tonight.
7/10/14 1:58 PM
Powdered Toast Man
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

j-money - World Lacrosse Championship starts today. USA is playing Canada tonight.
Televised? Phone Post 3.0
7/10/14 2:43 PM
j-money

On ESPN2 tonight, but it looks like the rest of the games are on ESPNU or ESPN3.

http://www.worldlacrosse2014.com/news/062314_espn_announces_broadcast_schedule_for_world_lacrosse_championship
7/10/14 4:11 PM
The Sultan

Ya i cant wait to watch.

The Thompson brothers are playing with the Iroquois i believe. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.