UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Anybody here watching lacrosse?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/22/14 7:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
B Sharps
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a field guy, so I prefer watching field lacrosse. I pull for the Charlotte Hounds. Indoor is fun to watch, but it is just different from what I played. My daughter started playing a few years ago, and now I find myself enjoying the women's game too.
7/22/14 10:24 PM
j-money
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm originally from MS but live in TX now. I guess my "home team" would be Florida.
7/22/14 10:26 PM
Squatdog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is American really that hard-up for sports to watch that it's come to THIS?
7/22/14 10:29 PM
Squatdog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean REALLY???

It's a bunch of unathletic 170lb White nerds from suburbia playing make-believe.
7/23/14 7:23 AM
The Sultan
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

papasmurf24 - The skill level of the MLL is off the charts, I too prefer field play even though I played in both.

Where did you guys play, wonder if any of us could've been on the same field at the same time. I played HS lax on Long Island in the mid 90's, played for the empire team, so I knew and played against guys from all over. Also played in college in the Patriot League in the late 90's. I played for NYAC in NYC for a couple of years in the early 00's, and played club all over the north east up until 2008.
I played at Lynn Classical High School from 97-00....I was on the inaugural team that started my sophomore year of HS.

There was a youth league that i didnt know about. I wish i played youth. By the time I reached college, I would have had all the skills refined.

In college, I played at Wentworth. My sophomore year we did really well. My junior season, we were poised to win our conference, but a few of our key players got injured including myself. Tore my acl in a box league.

I played club ball all over MA. Played a summer league near Salem State college.

Also, played professional in an pro outdoor tournament at the end of the summer with a bunch of all conference guys. I loved that tournament. Such great memories.

Played fall ball in South Boston with a bunch of pro's and ex college guys. That league was VERY competitive. I learned my best skills playing with those guys.

In the winter I played in a box league in Acton, MA at an indoor arena with my teammates. The Boston Cannons had a team in that league and it was so sick playing with the pros. The day I tore my ACL, I played with the cannons pro team because they were short a few guys. My own teammate tried to cream me in to the boards and my knee got all twisted up and I tore everything. ACL, MCL, and meniscus. Its the one day in my history that I wish I could go back in time and change what happened. Never was the same after that. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 7:24 AM
The Sultan
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh and being from Boston, I tend to root for the Boston Cannons. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 8:23 AM
TFK_Dagz
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played my first club game of the summer last night. I was the only long pole middie last night and I'm not really suited to playing that position. I'm much better at close d. I'm sore as shit today. Thank goodness for old man lax. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 10:24 AM
The Sultan

TFK_Dagz - I played my first club game of the summer last night. I was the only long pole middie last night and I'm not really suited to playing that position. I'm much better at close d. I'm sore as shit today. Thank goodness for old man lax. Phone Post 3.0
Long pole mids are some of my favorite to watch play. I love the ones who nabbed GB's like it was no ones business, fly down the field and rip outisde bombs.

In college, we had an All Conference long pole close D, but he routinely came over the midfield line to play offense. He was a crafty lefty with a bomb for a shot. My junior year team had 5 all conference players from different positions. I really hurt when i think of the season I missed out on when i tore my acl. That year, we could have very likely won our division. We played all the top teams to one goal games. The only team that was out of reach were the Endicott College Gulls. That team was phenomenal. They blew out every team in the conference. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 11:39 AM
The Sultan

papasmurf24 - Hey sultan - we played at the same times I was just a couple of miles south, my club team played some guys in Mass, I just don't remember any team names. Do you know if you ever played against the "Brooklyn Warriors"?

TFK Dagz - where does your club team play? I'd love to get back into playing club, but between work and coaching youth league, I don't have much time.

I played long pole mid, in HS and at Cornell. I was recruited by Coach Moran but ended up playing for Pietramala. It was fantastic being coached by that guy especially as a D middie. The last couple years I played club I stayed at close D, just didn't have the speed anymore. Its a demanding position, but nothing is better than squaring up against (usually the other teams best "up top" shooter) and shutting him down. Except when I defended Ryan Powell, I held him to a hat trick and was very happy with myself.
Actually that does sound very familiar.....wad that in the summer pro tournaments ?

Our team was called Team Breakaway. We had red helmets with red and white jerseys. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 11:48 AM
ggovel
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been playing since the early 80s. Still play pick-up lax a bit. Close D and D mid for me as well.

I live in Albany, NY and have been fortunate to watch the Thompson's play at UAlbany for the last few years. Looking forward to Lyle's senior season!!

Road tripping to see the Rochester Rattlers play this weekend. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 1:35 PM
TFK_Dagz
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My team is on Long Island. We have won the over 30 league for the past 2 years. I started playing in 4th grade, played thru hs and played club in college. My older brother played at nyit and then played for the lizards for 7 or 8 years. I wrestled in college but lax was always what I did for fun after a long season. I was the heavyweight on the wrestling team and played middie in lax. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 1:59 PM
TFK_Dagz

I changed my settings and added you papasmurf Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 4:33 PM
The Sultan

TFK_Dagz - My team is on Long Island. We have won the over 30 league for the past 2 years. I started playing in 4th grade, played thru hs and played club in college. My older brother played at nyit and then played for the lizards for 7 or 8 years. I wrestled in college but lax was always what I did for fun after a long season. I was the heavyweight on the wrestling team and played middie in lax. Phone Post 3.0
Whats your brothers name? I wonder if ive heard of him. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/14 4:35 PM
The Sultan

papasmurf24 -
The Sultan - 
papasmurf24 - Hey sultan - we played at the same times I was just a couple of miles south, my club team played some guys in Mass, I just don't remember any team names. Do you know if you ever played against the "Brooklyn Warriors"?

TFK Dagz - where does your club team play? I'd love to get back into playing club, but between work and coaching youth league, I don't have much time.

I played long pole mid, in HS and at Cornell. I was recruited by Coach Moran but ended up playing for Pietramala. It was fantastic being coached by that guy especially as a D middie. The last couple years I played club I stayed at close D, just didn't have the speed anymore. Its a demanding position, but nothing is better than squaring up against (usually the other teams best "up top" shooter) and shutting him down. Except when I defended Ryan Powell, I held him to a hat trick and was very happy with myself.
Actually that does sound very familiar.....wad that in the summer pro tournaments ?

Our team was called Team Breakaway. We had red helmets with red and white jerseys. Phone Post 3.0

We played tourneys all summer, some in Mass, some in CT. Not sure if it was your team but I def remember playing a team in red and white jersey's probably back in 2006-2008 sometime. My teams color was green but all my equipment was red and white from playing at cornell, thats why it sticks out in my memory. It would be a hell of a coincidence if we did play eachother - gotta love the OG.
Sounds like we crossed paths. That would be pretty kick ass if that were the case. Phone Post 3.0
7/24/14 8:22 AM
TFK_Dagz

My brothers name is Frank D'Agostino. Tonight I am playing in the shootout for soldiers. It starts in 40 minutes and rinds for 24 hrs. My team is playing at 1am and 2am. The first game is against a team in out league the next game is against the merchant marine academy. That one should be fun playing against college kids. Phone Post 3.0
7/24/14 5:23 PM
j-money
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

papasmurf24 - 
j-money - I'm originally from MS but live in TX now. I guess my "home team" would be Florida.

Florida is going to start having some of the best players in the nation in a couple of years. The Powells are coaching down there, starting youth programs all the way up. Def an area to watch. The MLL team is having a tough season, but they are gonna be a good team in the future.

I was checking out their roster and saw they have some good players: Casey Powell and Kieran McArdle. They should get a high draft pick too.
8/4/14 2:39 PM
j-money

Do any of you guys still play? I'm thinking about joining a beginners league (never played before) once I'm finished with school.
8/4/14 5:52 PM
The Sultan

j-money - Do any of you guys still play? I'm thinking about joining a beginners league (never played before) once I'm finished with school.

I havent played since I started fighting. Didnt want the extra stress on my body
8/4/14 8:03 PM
B Sharps
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

j-money - Do any of you guys still play? I'm thinking about joining a beginners league (never played before) once I'm finished with school.

I haven't played since I graduated from college in '98. I sometimes look for a men's league, but then end up realizing I don't really have to time. So I enjoy watching my daughter play now.
8/4/14 8:42 PM
LastDon
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played D3 at Hampden-Sydney, and high school in Harford County, MD.

I have coached travel level, and now varsity high school for 5 years.

I have played every year since graduating college, except this season because I was in training in OK.

I'm now playing pick up and some off season tourneys, when my schedule allows.

There is a huge lax community in the Baltimore area, as you can imagine. I can pretty much find a game any night of the week from March until November, then we go indoor. I'm really lucky down here. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 11:27 PM
The Sultan

LastDon - I played D3 at Hampden-Sydney, and high school in Harford County, MD.

I have coached travel level, and now varsity high school for 5 years.

I have played every year since graduating college, except this season because I was in training in OK.

I'm now playing pick up and some off season tourneys, when my schedule allows.

There is a huge lax community in the Baltimore area, as you can imagine. I can pretty much find a game any night of the week from March until November, then we go indoor. I'm really lucky down here. Phone Post 3.0
Ya definitely in Baltimore. Its huge out there.

Sometimes i wish i grew up in upstate NY. Lacrosse, mountain biking, camping, snowboarding, huge snow storms in the winter. I would love it up there. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 1:58 AM
thebronxbomber
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome you went to cornell. Mikey Ryan and Casey are my cousins lol Phone Post 3.0
8/13/14 9:00 PM
j-money

Playoff games this Sat. Rochester plays Ohio. Ohio has beaten them both times this year and has won 5 games in a row. NY plays Denver for the second week in a row. NY won in OT last game. I hope youtube or espn360 airs these games. I don't have the cbs sports channel.
8/17/14 7:25 PM
NCAA92
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got my tickets for the MLL Championship this Saturday. ....can't wait Phone Post 3.0
8/17/14 9:09 PM
The Sultan

NCAA92 - Just got my tickets for the MLL Championship this Saturday. ....can't wait Phone Post 3.0

where is the game played?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.