UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Last night was another prime example of

5/11/14 9:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pitbull3744
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy people talking shit about this card before it happened because there was no "star" power. The thread "this is why the UFC is going down" because cards are watered down was fucking stupid and people complaining are probably like boy I was wrong.

Great event all around Matt Brown is a fucking monster stud! So is Erik Silva. From top to bottom this card was great IMO. 30-27 for Herman was a bit crazy lol. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:12 AM
Rudi

This Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:24 AM
Nexuscrawlers
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup. Lots of finishes and underdogs winning. Doeant get much better. That was a great card. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:25 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

I talked shit on this card a bit but it did end up being pretty good. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:28 AM
1a1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadly exciting fights only matter to hardcores. Drama and star power drive the success of a card as a whole Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:29 AM
orcus

" The thread "this is why the UFC is going down" because cards are watered down was fucking stupid "

It was pretty much on point. The card was complete shit. The only fight I had the slightest interest in was Brown/Silva, and as a result, that's the only fight I tuned in for. Maybe the other fights were great, but I'm not losing any sleep over missing them and I'm not going to bother looking for them now, because I honestly just don't care who won.

The fact that the other fights may have turned out good or great is irrelevant to whether or not it's a good CARD. A good CARD is one that you read and then have excitement and anticipation for. Not one that you think "I've never heard of any of these people and it doesn't matter who wins".

If I just want to watch a random night of fights that might turn out to be exciting, I can watch Bellator every week. The fact is that for a lot of us, we are at the point where we've been watching for so long that we don't feel like we need to see every single fight that happens just in the hope that it turns out good; we are at the point where we've seen so many bad fights that we don't want to set aside 2,3,4 hours on a Saturday night to watch a bunch of random dudes get in the ring and hope it turns out exciting. And obviously this goes double if we're talking about a card we have to pay for.

It's cool that the SHOW apparently turned out great, but the problem is that if the CARD is no good, many of us (to say nothing of the mass audience) won't ever tune in to see it in the first place.
5/11/14 9:29 AM
FTUGTT_Mix6APlix

Cruickshank! Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:34 AM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
orcus - " The thread "this is why the UFC is going down" because cards are watered down was fucking stupid "

It was pretty much on point. The card was complete shit. The only fight I had the slightest interest in was Brown/Silva, and as a result, that's the only fight I tuned in for. Maybe the other fights were great, but I'm not losing any sleep over missing them and I'm not going to bother looking for them now, because I honestly just don't care who won.

The fact that the other fights may have turned out good or great is irrelevant to whether or not it's a good CARD. A good CARD is one that you read and then have excitement and anticipation for. Not one that you think "I've never heard of any of these people and it doesn't matter who wins".

If I just want to watch a random night of fights that might turn out to be exciting, I can watch Bellator every week. The fact is that for a lot of us, we are at the point where we've been watching for so long that we don't feel like we need to see every single fight that happens just in the hope that it turns out good; we are at the point where we've seen so many bad fights that we don't want to set aside 2,3,4 hours on a Saturday night to watch a bunch of random dudes get in the ring and hope it turns out exciting. And obviously this goes double if we're talking about a card we have to pay for.

It's cool that the SHOW apparently turned out great, but the problem is that if the CARD is no good, many of us (to say nothing of the mass audience) won't ever tune in to see it in the first place.
You are seriously the most depressing poster. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:34 AM
Rudi

orcus - " The thread "this is why the UFC is going down" because cards are watered down was fucking stupid "

Voted down Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:36 AM
Fabes
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
That's why I never talk shit about free cards. Save that for the weak PPVs. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 9:58 AM
TFK_Tony Montana
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed, was a great card! Happy to see underdogs like Cummings win and Brown and Silva deliver a FOTY worthy performance! Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:12 AM
Knuckle Punch
327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol what a dumb fuck Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:19 AM
Vikingknee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You must be a fun person to hang out with. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:22 AM
gtownhoya
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could not possibly disagree with you more. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:22 AM
NickDiazsSpinningBackfist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a shitty fan. Please do us a favor and make a "I'm done with the UFC" thread and proceed to leave the forum and don't come back. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:23 AM
BeauTown

I don't complain about cards, I enjoy the many if events even if I might not know a few people I enjoy to watch! I'm more upset in having to wait a few weeks for the next card haha Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:34 AM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Good to know you are a sheep like the rest of the mainstream fans.

I'll take 4x as much MMA out of zuffa for close to the same price as when there was only 5ish free events with the PPV back 5+ years ago personally, and watch as much of it as time allows.

'ZOMG this free event doesn't have a shit ton of super popular super stars!! I'm not watching!' - Orcus Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:47 AM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes - That's why I never talk shit about free cards. Save that for the weak PPVs. Phone Post 3.0

^ This

I'll gladly put Zuffa on blast when they try to get me to pay $60 for a piece of shit card. But for a free fight night card? Not a chance.

I'll never complain about 'too much' free MMA. I remember all too well the days of waiting two or three months between cards and then not even getting to see anything but the main card fights unless you bought a ticket. Or having to wait a month after a card was over to get a tape of it because my PPV provider didn't carry Pride PPVs. I'll take 'watered down' cards any day over that shit.
5/11/14 10:50 AM
orcus

Edited: 05/11/14 10:50 AM
"'ZOMG this free event doesn't have a shit ton of super popular super stars!! I'm not watching!' - Orcus "

So I assume you are a devoted Bellator follower as well? How much MMA do you watch per week?
5/11/14 10:54 AM
sfeldt

I do wish the ufc would load ppv's a little more, but I won't complain about a free card from ufc or anyone else, if someone refuses to watch a card based on star power does that mean they will never support a local show or other mma orgs? Because the majority of star power is in the ufc.
5/11/14 10:54 AM
ImTheSandMan
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your not a fan its completely obvious. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:55 AM
Cosuir

Pitbull3744 - Crazy people talking shit about this card before it happened because there was no "star" power. The thread "this is why the UFC is going down" because cards are watered down was fucking stupid and people complaining are probably like boy I was wrong.

Great event all around Matt Brown is a fucking monster stud! So is Erik Silva. From top to bottom this card was great IMO. 30-27 for Herman was a bit crazy lol. Phone Post 3.0
100% bro Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:59 AM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - "'ZOMG this free event doesn't have a shit ton of super popular super stars!! I'm not watching!' - Orcus "

So I assume you are a devoted Bellator follower as well? How much MMA do you watch per week?

However much I have time for and whatever happens to fit in my schedule.

Some weeks, I don't watch any MMA at all. Other weeks, I'll catch two or three cards (including a live local show or two) depending on what day they are and if I have anything else going on. None of the guys in the local MMA promotion in my area are likely to ever make an impact on the world stage (the best guy they have ever produced in Roger Bowling), but that doesn't stop me from attending those events. A fight is a fight.
5/11/14 11:02 AM
Vikingknee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Madrugadao - Not sure why that post is getting so much hate.

What is wrong with only wanting to watch the elite?

In every major sport I can think of, people pay a premium to watch the cream of the crop. They follow/pay the biggest orgs/leagues, so they can watch the best in the world/country in action.

It was free, so no one has been robbed here but the product as a whole is becoming less interesting by the day.
Stop watching. They are bringing in as much talent as possible. How else can they sort through the new guys without having them fight? Free fights are free for a reason. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 11:06 AM
Steve4192

Madrugadao - Not sure why that post is getting so much hate.

What is wrong with only wanting to watch the elite?

In every major sport I can think of, people pay a premium to watch the cream of the crop. They follow/pay the biggest orgs/leagues, so they can watch the best in the world/country in action.

It was free, so no one has been robbed here but the product as a whole is becoming less interesting by the day.

Maybe it's just me and the people I hang around with, but sports fans usually love watching the sport for itself, not just for the athletes. I love me some football whether it is the NFL, NCAA, or even a local high school game. Heck, I'll even stop and watch a Pee Wee game if I happen to be at the park and have the time. Most people I know are the same. They love the sport in all it's variety.

Why should MMA be any different?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.