UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brock Lesnar begged Dana to make Pat Barry retire

5/11/14 10:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/brock-lesnar-begged-dana-white-to-make-pat-barry-retire-after-latest-ko-051114?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

Brock Lesnar begged Dana White to make Pat Barry retire after latest KO

Pat Barry may no longer be a UFC fighter, but he still remains a popular figure in the realm of combat sports.  Following his semi-retirement from mixed martial arts, Barry went back to the sport of kickboxing, where he first made his start before transitioning to the UFC.

Unfortunately, Barry was brutalized in a fight in Denver, CO last weekend, which marked the fourth time he's been knocked out in less than two years time. The violent nature with which Barry gets knocked out might be the most concerning factor in potential head trauma that he's suffered over the last few years.

His latest knockout loss was so hard to watch that a former training partner and friend of Barry's called UFC president Dana White asking him to beg the Louisiana native to call it a career.

"Brock Lesnar called me and begged me to make him retire," White revealed to FOX Sports. "He said 'I don't consider too many people my friend, and I consider Pat Barry a friend, Dana you've got to get this guy to retire'.  I said listen he's a grown man, Brock.  What am I going to do, there's only so much I can do."

White said the decision to retire doesn't come lightly for any athlete, but it's not as difficult a call when it's not the only way the person is currently making a living.  Past UFC fighters who needed a bit of convincing from White were financially secure, and not competing anymore wouldn't leave them in any kind of peril.

He's not sure where Barry would sit on that list, but at the end of the day with the kind of knockouts he's suffering, the choice may be taken out of his hands regardless of whether or not he wants to retire.

"It's different with guys like Forrest (Griffin) and Chuck (Liddell) guys that I have relationships with for a long time and guys who have made a lot of money.  That's the difference.  It's easy to make them quit. Lot tougher to make a guy quit that has to make a living," White said.

"I don't want to hurt Pat Barry or throw a monkey wrench in his life or anything, but at the end of the day, state athletic commissions that need to step in and help a guy like Pat Barry retire or people that care about him."

5/11/14 10:35 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry has been KOd cold 3 times, obviously not great but there are current UFC fighters than have been starched more often than that. UFC jsut resigned Arlovski, he has been put out cold a lot more times than Barry has.
5/11/14 10:41 AM
soldave
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surely Barry could turn his hand to pro wrestling, charismatic guy. Brock could put in a word
5/11/14 10:42 AM
Hired Gun
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its all about Zuffa making money fuck long term health of these guys Phone Post
5/11/14 10:44 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is sad. Good on Brock to show concern for him. I didn't think that was his style but then again, I don't know him. Respect.
5/11/14 10:47 AM
RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soldave - Surely Barry could turn his hand to pro wrestling, charismatic guy. Brock could put in a word
This. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 10:59 AM
FEDORallDAY
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom -
soldave - Surely Barry could turn his hand to pro wrestling, charismatic guy. Brock could put in a word
This. Phone Post 3.0
Takes years to train how to pro wrestle. People forget Lesnar is a once in a lifetime talent Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 11:00 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - This is sad. Good on Brock to show concern for him. I didn't think that was his style but then again, I don't know him. Respect.
Yep same here Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 11:04 AM
SirBadd
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom -
This. Phone Post 3.0
You do know that its extremely hard to work in wrestling with their schedules and bumps they take. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 11:25 AM
uratoker2
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hired Gun - Its all about Zuffa making money fuck long term health of these guys Phone Post
^here's hoping you're wrong, but I fear you're right..... Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 1:21 PM
BRZ

I think Barry would have mic skills to do WWE Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 1:40 PM
Acecool72

Yeah plus when ever pat does get knocked out it's a brutal knock out and in his last fight I knew he was gonna get put to sleep after the first knock down Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 1:43 PM
Il Duce
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Asking a favor equals begging? Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 2:46 PM
TFK_Dirt24d
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If lesnar cares so much he oughta toss pat a bone so he has some means or way to make a living not fighting.

Otherwise he's just asking the guy to stop trying to make a living the only way he knows how. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:08 PM
pegson123

The only thing that pat Barry had going for him in this world was a slight personality. But realistically that got him no where. Anything that was achieved was erased 5 times over. But The personality and Witt is already fading when gone the guy has nothing. Well rose until tuf20 goes to air. I guess. Phone Post
5/11/14 3:09 PM
pegson123

Dana can't keep his mouth shut. Phone Post
5/11/14 3:11 PM
MountainMedic
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck is any of this public?

For 2 guys that supposedly "care" this is pretty goddam disrespectful. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:17 PM
TFK_Dirt24d
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MountainMedic - Why the fuck is any of this public?

For 2 guys that supposedly "care" this is pretty goddam disrespectful. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly...

Its an attempt at shaming pat into retirement because they don't have the balls to say it to his face and give him any other means of living. Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:17 PM
MountainMedic
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck is any of this public?

5/11/14 3:33 PM
scourge
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock's chin is so bad he felt it when Pat got hit
5/11/14 3:33 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the fuck is Dana supposed to make him retire from kickboxing? Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 3:59 PM
redwhiteandblues
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - This is sad. Good on Brock to show concern for him. I didn't think that was his style but then again, I don't know him. Respect.

5/11/14 4:41 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - How the fuck is Dana supposed to make him retire from kickboxing? Phone Post 3.0
Yea it sounds like none of his business. Why would Brock if he's Pats friend call his old boss and ask him to make him quit his new job?

Only Pat and his camp can say what he should do... I wish him the best and will be a fan either way Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 4:48 PM
Nicholas Kage
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FEDORallDAY -
RyannVonDoom -
This. Phone Post 3.0
Takes years to train how to pro wrestle. People forget Lesnar is a once in a lifetime talent Phone Post 3.0
Rampage says otherwise Phone Post 3.0
5/11/14 5:31 PM
The Acorn
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hired Gun - Its all about Zuffa making money fuck long term health of these guys Phone Post
You realize he chooses to fight, just like people choose to smoke cigarettes. He's an adult let him make his own damn choice. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.