UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WWE stock down 45% today

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/16/14 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJTT_mikerobmma
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R00STER - Man this is depressing. People up in here have 20K stock in one company and I'd have to scrape together my change to buy A share. Phone Post 3.0
Don't get down on yourself brother, we all have to start somewhere. I was in your shoes at one point. Now I have a modest savings account, a mutual fund and a few hundred in a small stock. That's not much to some, but it's miles ahead of where I was at 2 years ago, and I'll continue to work to grow and diversify it. I'm sure you can work to do the same.

A rare uplifting post from me. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 12:36 PM
VTCO
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockafella - I wonder if Vince is sick or something. This really makes little to no sense at all. I will be purchasing some stocks when I get home but am curious for the reason in decline.

Has to be something behind the scenes as on the surface this doesn't add up.

I doubt Vince's health has anything to do with it.

The decline makes perfect sense, especially since the stock has been overvalued for the past few months.

Wall Street has just been reading between the lines with this most recent drop. The deal with NBCUniversal wasn't announced until the market closed yesterday and no number was revealed.

While WWE was bullish about at least doubling their domestic rights fees, Forbes is reporting that they will get around $200m for US, UK and Thailand combined; which is far from the $200m+ domestic they were anticipating.

Add that to underwhelming domestic network subscribers and rumors of a potential sale going nowhere, it makes sense the stock price would go down.
5/16/14 12:46 PM
Stephen Holder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

potential sale? Vinny Mac is selling?
5/16/14 1:02 PM
Brigham
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bay Area - Who gives a fuck about WWE? And what the fuck does it have to do with MMA?

Get this bullshit out of the UG Phone Post 3.0
There is always one. Go fuck yourself Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 1:03 PM
Brigham
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - potential sale? Vinny Mac is selling?
Truly doubt it. If he were to sell, it'd be to Stephanie and Shane. No way the WWE leaves the family. Although I could see a private investor coming in and helping them go private again. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 1:03 PM
tornadochoke
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching the last ppv direct tv and dish network both dropped the wwe abs weren't showing the ppv. Could be part of it. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 1:25 PM
VTCO
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - potential sale? Vinny Mac is selling?

There were rumors earlier this year of a potential sale, and Vince himself said he was open to it in a Forbes interview, which helped push the stock price up even more.

This was end of March/early April when the stock was hitting over $30 bucks.
5/16/14 3:06 PM
I Wild Each It
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought 750 shares @ $11.44 via Scottrade. Fuck it...time to buy is when fears in the air. I'll hold this until it hits $15 or so.
5/16/14 3:08 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WFA stock up 100% Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 3:45 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
RKing85 - down to $11.15 right now.

It was at $20 on Wednesday.

Fight Pass I have heard people say is just under 300k subscribers. WWE Network is probably around 700k at this point in time. And also that's only USA (although people outside of the USA have found ways around it and do have the network)
I do t think Fight Pass has that many, my
Guess is 100-150. Dana talked about in a scrum where he hinted it was just over 100k subscribers. WWE really needs to stack PPVs in Sept to keep all the people that just subscribed for WM, that month will really determine if this was smart or a dumb move by Vince. Phone Post 3.0
The price point could retain.

People are lazy.

This is why so many who signed up for Hulu Plus yet don't use it are still paying the 7.95 a month.

It's cheap enough you don't notice it and since it's cheap you aren't in a rush to cancel.

At 10 a month, you can tell yourself you may watch it again later, etc.

If this were 20 or more a month (it could go up), it would definitely cause folks to get out once they've watched old stuff and decided they aren't into new stuff.

A lot of subscribers are old fans who got it to relive nostalgia and these fans haven't become fans of the current product.

RAW ratings prove that the network hasn't converted anyone who wasn't already a fan of today's product into one.

I think retaining the 600K is easy with a low price point and I think the hard part is how to increase this.

You already have every PPV ever and gave them WrestleMania so what could WWE possibly add that suddenly will draw in new subscribers?

It won't be game shows and Legends House 2. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 4:34 PM
Chromium
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
RKing85 - down to $11.15 right now.

It was at $20 on Wednesday.

Fight Pass I have heard people say is just under 300k subscribers. WWE Network is probably around 700k at this point in time. And also that's only USA (although people outside of the USA have found ways around it and do have the network)
I do t think Fight Pass has that many, my
Guess is 100-150. Dana talked about in a scrum where he hinted it was just over 100k subscribers. WWE really needs to stack PPVs in Sept to keep all the people that just subscribed for WM, that month will really determine if this was smart or a dumb move by Vince. Phone Post 3.0

To be sure, FightPass only needed ~100k to break even and was a much, much smaller risk for the UFC while laying the groundwork for potential future expansion.

WWE Network needs over 1 million to break even and the risk for them is enormous.

5/16/14 5:32 PM
Bay Area

Brigham -
Bay Area - Who gives a fuck about WWE? And what the fuck does it have to do with MMA?

There is always one. Go fuck yourself Phone Post 3.0
Fuck off. We may as well be discussing broadway plays and golf on the UG as well. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 6:17 PM
dhughes
537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just went in on it for 80 shares. That's a lot for me.
5/16/14 6:22 PM
RKing85
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the six month commitment, the WWE network can only go up in viewership between now and august 24.

Meltzer had said the Fight pass break even was around 100k and that they got almost 3 times that. That's where I got the 300k figure for Fight Pass.

I think fight pass will probably top out around 400k for the next few years at least.

When the wwe network goes worldwide, they will be at least 3 times that. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 6:25 PM
6MonthsKickCheckTraining
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
jwistead -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Lost $10,000 or so, not a good morning :(

Purchased $25,000 worth when it was at $24.80 a share a few months back expecting it to go to $30.

It's odd because people expected WWE to get around a $200 million per year TV deal which they got and the stock till tanked. Guessing people are freaking out due to the stock going down and I'd expect it to go back up a bit this afternoon. I still like the company long term.

Another thing is the company was around $11 a share mid last year and since then they added the WWE Network with 650,000 people paying $10 a month and almost doubled their TV rights fees and have not increased spending. Yet the stock is the same price, it makes no sense to me what so ever.

Might seem like uninformed advice, but don't panic. If the idea was a good one, you'll make your money back once all of the "free money" people get out. Patience.
I'm not pulling anything out, might buy more to lower my avg price I paid per share. I still think the company as a whole is far better financially then it was 6 months ago when the stock was $12 or so.
Like others said, should go up to $15-16 range in a few weeks. Phone Post 3.0
That's the way to go. Buy another 1k shares. Then your into it for 36k for 2000 shares bringing you down to an average of 18/share. When it gets back up to 20 which it will prob do next quarter. You have made back your money and are out of the red Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 6:34 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

VTCO - 

There were rumors earlier this year of a potential sale, and Vince himself said he was open to it in a Forbes interview, which helped push the stock price up even more.

He wouldn't sell it for anything near it's current price. Either someone would have to come in with $2 bil + offer or Vince will hold on to it. Better chance of it being sold after Vince passes away. I could see it going private though now that the stock price is low.
5/16/14 6:34 PM
DoomFarmer

WWE Network rules.

I don't give a fuck. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 8:21 PM
rkm456
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just as some food for thought, think about the facts we know about the UFC and the WWE in terms of their finances. Dana White claims the UFC is worth more than twice what the WWE is. If anyone is ever wondering how completely full of shit Dana White is, let that percolate.
5/16/14 8:27 PM
rkm456
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bay Area - Who gives a fuck about WWE? And what the fuck does it have to do with MMA?

MMA math homie. Brock dominated the heavyweight division and he's a very average wrestler bro. The Ultimate Warrior or the Macho Man would've easily achieved GOAT status. I shudder to think what the Hulkster would do to any poor bastard who got locked in the octagon with him.
5/16/14 8:58 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From what I am reading the terms of the NBC universal deal are what hurt the stock. They negotiated a 50% increase in domestic tv rights fees when people expected it to be a 200-300% increase. That along with the fact that they need 1.2 to 1.3 million subscribers on the wwe network to offset the losses in ppv revenue and only have 600k.
5/16/14 9:48 PM
danggook

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Lost $10,000 or so, not a good morning :(

Purchased $25,000 worth when it was at $24.80 a share a few months back expecting it to go to $30.

It's odd because people expected WWE to get around a $200 million per year TV deal which they got and the stock till tanked. Guessing people are freaking out due to the stock going down and I'd expect it to go back up a bit this afternoon. I still like the company long term.

Another thing is the company was around $11 a share mid last year and since then they added the WWE Network with 650,000 people paying $10 a month and almost doubled their TV rights fees and have not increased spending. Yet the stock is the same price, it makes no sense to me what so ever.
Its is as if stocks are all speculative, nothing but smoke and mirrors. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 9:57 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Edited: 05/16/14 10:01 PM

(Edit--read that price wrong.) I'm buying more. LOL. Thanks UG. 

5/16/14 10:00 PM
uratoker2
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

L8er Phone Post 3.0
5/16/14 10:03 PM
VTCO

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
VTCO - 

He wouldn't sell it for anything near it's current price. Either someone would have to come in with $2 bil + offer or Vince will hold on to it. Better chance of it being sold after Vince passes away. I could see it going private though now that the stock price is low.

The stock price has been far lower than it is right now, with less potential for future growth than the current WWE.

It doesn't make sense for the company to go private again because the stock price is back to a more realistic level. If they didn't go private many times in years past when the stock was at a similar trend, I doubt they would now.

Just like the potential number for TV rights and network subscribers, even the sale rumors were completely blown out of proportion. Vince basically said "one day" it's possible, and then out of nowhere rumors of a sale to AMC and a bunch of other suitors popped up and that wildman speculation drove the price of the stock up even more.
5/16/14 10:05 PM
VTCO

Don't get me wrong, the aftermath of the stock tumbling back to earth after a few months of crazy overvaluation is ugly, but when the dust settles I doubt WWE will be looking to try and make the company private again.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.