UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 2014 NBA Mock Draft

5/21/14 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just did my first NBA mock draft would appreciate thoughts and feedback. Will update each week until the draft.

http://theleaguenews.us/ajs-2014-nba-mock-draft-1-0/

If a blue would be so kind. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 6:25 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough draft to predict, really does look deep

Could the greek freak play with Wiggins or Parker? I think if Milwaukee doesnt get Embiid they could trade down.

A lot of drafts have Orlando taking Exum but I think Randle makes more sense for them too. I dont think you want 2 guards who cant shoot in the NBA right now.

I think youre out of your mind if you take McDermott in the top 10 of this draft
5/21/14 6:26 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wiggins and the Greek Freak. No Can Defend.

McBuckets is gonna get picked top 10 because of his "brand" and he can shoot the lights out. Better version of Kyle Korver Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 6:27 PM
HenryO

Philly could leave this draft

MCW/Exum/Gordon/Young/Noel

Most exciting team in the league
5/21/14 6:28 PM
HenryO

SD CARTEL OWNS ALL - Wiggins and the Greek Freak. No Can Defend.

McBuckets is gonna get picked top 10 because of his "brand" and he can shoot the lights out. Better version of Kyle Korver Phone Post 3.0

Korver can at least run. McDermott looks more like Adam Morrison.

Stauskas goes earlier then McDermott Id say
5/21/14 6:29 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

HenryO - Philly could leave this draft

MCW/Exum/Gordon/Young/Noel

Most exciting team in the league
I don't think there's anyway they pass on Parker or Wiggins. Too much athleticism between the two. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 6:33 PM
HenryO

Knight/Wiggins/Giannis/Henson/Sanders

Now just move Bucks to Vancouver
5/21/14 6:36 PM
shaqitup
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do people think Embiid will be anything like olajuwon?

Has anybody ever seen anybody pull off anything close to the dream shake at that size?

And a comparison to serge ibaka is not a #1 overall in the best draft since 03.

Cavs can not afford another bust, Embiid has the highest bust potential, they would be absolutely insane to pick him.

Take Wiggins.
5/21/14 6:47 PM
HenryO

If Milwaukee does get Embiid that length up front will be insane

Embiid/Sanders/Greek Freak

5/21/14 6:49 PM
Larry Appleton

Embiid's O-game will take 3-5 years minimum to develop...remember Hasheem Thabeet?!?! complete bust Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 7:06 PM
HenryO

Larry Appleton - Embiid's O-game will take 3-5 years minimum to develop...remember Hasheem Thabeet?!?! complete bust Phone Post 3.0

WEll Embiid has shown way more offensive game Thabeet ever did

But is always more risk/reward factor with a big man
5/21/14 7:10 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

shaqitup - Why do people think Embiid will be anything like olajuwon?

Has anybody ever seen anybody pull off anything close to the dream shake at that size?

And a comparison to serge ibaka is not a #1 overall in the best draft since 03.

Cavs can not afford another bust, Embiid has the highest bust potential, they would be absolutely insane to pick him.

Take Wiggins.
I never compared him Hakeem, I think it was chad ford, but anytime you can get a player of Embiids Potential you have to do it. His ceiling is just too high, not as high as wiggins but he could easily become the best big in the league down the line Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 7:14 PM
Mouth Breather
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO, Parker is a guaranteed star. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 7:20 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

Mouth Breather - IMO, Parker is a guaranteed star. Phone Post 3.0
I think Wiggins, Parker, Gordon and Exum will be stars for sure.

Randle, Embiid, Smart and Vonleh can be Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 7:44 PM
HenryO

Gordons going to be a real nice 2 way player if he goes to a team that knows how to use him

This draft is pretty interesting from 5-14.

With the D-LEague I think NBA should go to 3 rounds now
5/21/14 7:57 PM
Boyd Crowder's Hair
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mock drafts are worthless because they don't take into account trades
5/21/14 7:59 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

Boyd Crowder's Hair - mock drafts are worthless because they don't take into account trades
True but it's always cool to see where others slot the players and the possible fits Phone Post 3.0
5/21/14 8:32 PM
Back from the dead
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJ’s 2014 NBA Mock Draft 1.0

May 21st, 2014 | by AJ Ramon
AJ's 2014 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
2014 NBA Draft

“Suits and ties yelling out PAY THE GUYS man I had to do it for ya”

With the order finally determined here is TLN’s first Mock Draft.

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, C, Kansas Center is the thinnest position. Whenever you are able to get a franchise player who has been compared to Hakeem Olajwuon and Serge Ibaka you need to do it. Plus drafting Wiggins or Parker, can stunt last year’s number one pick, Anthony Bennett’s growth.

2. Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Wiggins, SF, Kansas Wiggins has the highest ceiling of all the players in this year’s class. His athletic ability and length already makes him a great defender. If we were going based off just ceilings, Wiggins would be number one.

3. Philadelphia 76ers: Jabari Parker, SF, Duke Parker is probably the best scorer in this draft. Something the 76ers can definitely use when they were starting Hollis Thompson and Elliot Williams. MCW and Parker can be a force for years to come.

4. Orlando Magic: Julius Randle, PF, Kentucky Looking at this young Magic team they seem to have a lot of promise. Oladipo and Vucevic are the cornerstones of this franchise. They are in need of a point guard so I can see them drafting Exum, but I think Randle is the better fit for the future.

5. Utah Jazz: Dante Exum, PG, Australia Last year the Jazz drafted Trey Burke, this year they build their backcourt by adding Exum. A Burke-Exum-Hayward-Favors-Kanter starting lineup looks pretty good.

6. Boston Celtics: Aaron Gordon,  PF, Arizona There are many different ways the Celtics can go, especially if they trade point guard Rajon Rondo. Marcus Smart can be in play here and so can Noah Vonleh. But Gordon can add some excitement to this Celtics team and if they choose to keep Rondo they can be CP3 Blake Griffin-lite.

5/21/14 8:34 PM
Back from the dead
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7. Los Angeles Lakers: Marcus Smart, PG, Oklahoma State Smart had a rollercoaster ride of a season, very similar to the one the Lakers had. With basically nobody under contract, the Lakers can pick anyone. They will probably choose the best player available, which happens to be Smart.

8. Sacramento Kings: Noah Vonleh, PF, Indiana There are rumors that the Kings are shopping this pick in hopes for a veteran leader. Assuming they don’t trade, I expect them to pick a big since Landry and Thompson haven’t worked out. Vonleh and Cousins could do some serious damage.

9. Charlotte Hornets (Via Detroit): Doug McDermott, SF, Creighton Dougie McBuckets is going to be Kyle Korver 2.0. The Hornets will need scoring and shooting. Seems like a great fit.

10. Philadelphia 76ers (Via New Orleans): Jusuf Nurkic, C, Bosnia Not much has been up about Nurkic and I know the 76ers drafted Nerlens Noel last year, but he has more of a four type body than anything. Nurkic is a traditional big man who can help the development of MCW.

11. Denver Nuggets: Nik Stauskas, SG, Michigan As a Nuggets fan it would be nice to add another ball handler and shooter. Enter Stauskas who is lengthy two-guard that can space the floor.

12. Orlando Magic: Gary Harris, SG, Michigan State If Arron Afflalo isn’t the shooting guard answer maybe Harris is. He can score and the Magic could have a Big Ten backcourt with Oladipo and Harris.

13. Minnesota Timberwolves: Dario Saric, PF, Croatia When news broke that Kevin Love wanted to leave you figured they would need to find a replacement. Saric can score and he can shoot, as he shot 34-percent from the 3-point line. He would fit nicely with Pekovic or Love if he stays.

14. Phoenix Suns: Rodney Hood, SF, Duke The Suns really overachieved this year and they didn’t get much from their top-5 pick Alex Len last year. Hood can eventually take over the starting role that P.J. Tucker holds.

15. Atlanta Hawks: James Young, SG, Kentucky Young was known as someone who could score. He threw down monstrous dunks and let his presence be known. With no real shooting guard, the Hawks can make a nice pick here.

16. Chicago Bulls (Via Charlotte): Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse With no real facilitator the Bulls struggled to score in the Playoffs. Derrick Rose should be back next year and if he is, he will be able to mentor Ennis.

17. Boston Celtics (Via Brooklyn): T.J. Warren, SF, North Carolina State Gerald Wallace has a horrible contract and nobody really knows Jeff Green’s potential. Warren can replace one of them and can help rebuild this Celtics team.

18. Phoenix Suns (Via Washington): Adreian Payne, PF, Michigan State The Suns have the luxury to pick the best player available since their roster is already filled. Payne can help when the Suns go small as he can play Center and shoot.

19. Chicago Bulls: Kyle Anderson, SF, UCLA Adding Anderson is all about depth. There is no reason Jimmy Butler should be playing 40+ minutes every game. If he is able to develop he can be a real problem for the opposition.

20. Toronto Raptors: Clint Capela, PF, France This pick hinges on whether or not the Raptors will re-sign Kyle Lowry, if they don’t I can see them picking Napier or Payton. But as of now I will have them selecting Capela who is a terrific athlete. Could be insurance for Amir Johnson.

21. Oklahoma City Thunder (Via Dallas): Zach LaVine, SG, UCLA The Thunder are one of the best drafting teams in the league. With Sefolosha coming off the books next year, the Thunder will be looking for a new shooting guard. Jeremy Lamb never really developed so here comes LaVine’s chance.

22. Memphis Grizzlies: K.J. McDaniels, SF, Clemson McDaniels can be Tayshaun Prince 2.0. A lengthy defender with much more upside and athleticism. He fits the Grizzlies mold.

23. Utah Jazz (Via Golden State): Bogdan Bogdanovic, SG, Serbia If Exum can’t mesh with with Burke maybe Bogdanovic can. He will be a better spacer and this could also be a pick the Jazz keep overseas to develop their young players.

24. Charlotte Hornets (Via Portland): Cleanthony Early, PF, Wichita State Cody Zeller was the fourth pick last year. Early can be the 24th pick and I wouldn’t be sure who is better. Early had a breakout season and boosted himself into the first round.

25. Houston Rockets: Shabazz Napier, PG, UConn Speaking of boosting their self, Napier went from being a 2nd round pick to a potential top-20 pick. I see Napier being a mentally tough guy, someone who can help take the Rockets to the next level.

26. Miami Heat: Elfrid Payton, PG, Louisiana-Lafayette Napier would be the ideal choice for the Heat but if they miss on him they can always snag Payton who, on some boards is the 2nd best point guard.

27. Phoenix Suns (Via Indiana): Jerami Grant, SF, Syracuse As mentioned earlier the Suns have the luxury of picking whoever they want. This can be a pick from overseas or a potential trade. But Grant would be a nice fit.

28. Los Angeles Clippers: P.J. Hairston, SG, North Carolina Do the Clippers look for another big or try and address their wings? As of now I think they will try to snag another wing who can help right away. If not look for the next player in this draft to be drafted by the Clippers.

29. Oklahoma City Thunder: Mitch McGary, C, Michigan Good ol’ Mitch. He would have been a lottery pick had he been healthy this year. Instead he’ll fall to the end of the 1st round where he can take his time to come up through the ranks. McGary could make this Thunder team much more complete and scary.

30. San Antonio Spurs: Jordan Adams, SG, UCLA Adams is someone who can potentially fill Ginobli’s shoes. I also expect, if not Adams, for them to look overseas for someone because of the connections

5/21/14 8:49 PM
Jacob Lamb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think somebody is going to take Zach LaVine early. Maybe even late lottery.
5/21/14 9:03 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

Back from the dead -

AJ’s 2014 NBA Mock Draft 1.0

May 21st, 2014 | by AJ Ramon
AJ's 2014 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
2014 NBA Draft

“Suits and ties yelling out PAY THE GUYS man I had to do it for ya”

With the order finally determined here is TLN’s first Mock Draft.

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, C, Kansas Center is the thinnest position. Whenever you are able to get a franchise player who has been compared to Hakeem Olajwuon and Serge Ibaka you need to do it. Plus drafting Wiggins or Parker, can stunt last year’s number one pick, Anthony Bennett’s growth.

2. Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Wiggins, SF, Kansas Wiggins has the highest ceiling of all the players in this year’s class. His athletic ability and length already makes him a great defender. If we were going based off just ceilings, Wiggins would be number one.

3. Philadelphia 76ers: Jabari Parker, SF, Duke Parker is probably the best scorer in this draft. Something the 76ers can definitely use when they were starting Hollis Thompson and Elliot Williams. MCW and Parker can be a force for years to come.

4. Orlando Magic: Julius Randle, PF, Kentucky Looking at this young Magic team they seem to have a lot of promise. Oladipo and Vucevic are the cornerstones of this franchise. They are in need of a point guard so I can see them drafting Exum, but I think Randle is the better fit for the future.

5. Utah Jazz: Dante Exum, PG, Australia Last year the Jazz drafted Trey Burke, this year they build their backcourt by adding Exum. A Burke-Exum-Hayward-Favors-Kanter starting lineup looks pretty good.

6. Boston Celtics: Aaron Gordon,  PF, Arizona There are many different ways the Celtics can go, especially if they trade point guard Rajon Rondo. Marcus Smart can be in play here and so can Noah Vonleh. But Gordon can add some excitement to this Celtics team and if they choose to keep Rondo they can be CP3 Blake Griffin-lite.

Thank you! VU Phone Post 3.0
5/22/14 2:20 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

Shameless T Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:00 AM
Cotton
730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/25/14 2:02 AM
Mihow

you think the Heat take a point guard and what happens with Cole / ChalmerS?
5/25/14 2:03 AM
Cotton
730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is zero chance the Sixers stay still at 10. They may move at 3, but at 10 there is no chance they stay there. Expect at least 4 trades from the Sixers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.