UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 2014 NBA Mock Draft

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/26/14 10:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - Why do people think Embiid will be anything like olajuwon?

Has anybody ever seen anybody pull off anything close to the dream shake at that size?

And a comparison to serge ibaka is not a #1 overall in the best draft since 03.

Cavs can not afford another bust, Embiid has the highest bust potential, they would be absolutely insane to pick him.

Take Wiggins.
A 7'2" Ibaka with a more polished post game would be insanity. A center with that much potential isn't going to get passed on. I think his background and athleticism is where the Hakeem comparison comes. It's unlikely he's ever going to have that post game Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 10:20 AM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna be uploading version 2.0 today Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 10:51 AM
Region Rat
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wiggins can't dribble or shoot. He's not going to be much in the league. Top shelf defender down the road. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 11:08 AM
jragg32
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Cotton -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Payne is the best 4 in the draft Phone Post 3.0

Isiah Thomas, is that you?
What does Payne have to do with Zeke? Phone Post 3.0
Saying Payne is the best 4 in the draft is something so dumb it'd probly be something Zeke would say. That's what he's saying.

I like Paybe though. If you can nab him in the 20s he might be the steal of the draft Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:19 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HernanCortes - I think Parker is definitely the top player in the draft, but I'm basing this off his performance while at Duke. Cavs most likely as I said will take the center from Kansas, but I agree they should take Wiggins.

Hopefully the spurs draft a good 4. Probably an overseas guy. Phone Post 3.0

I dont Parker can guard anyone in the NBA
5/26/14 12:20 PM
HenryO

Region Rat - Wiggins can't dribble or shoot. He's not going to be much in the league. Top shelf defender down the road. Phone Post 3.0

How can you watch Wiggins play and think he cant shoot.

Dumb as fuck
5/26/14 12:31 PM
Trane

Nice list, it's too hard to pass up on Embiid even if you're the Cavs lol. Check out his pre-draft workout this kid is smooth, can't believe he's only been playing for 4 years. He's already got better shooting mechanics than most big men in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3RVBZz6Rk

Not sure what to think about Wiggins he could end up being a Paul George or perhaps a Gerald Green? I like Parker's versatility, he could be a very strong 3. Only change in the 1st 5 picks imo would be Orlando taking Exum as a strong playmaker is hard to come by as well.
5/26/14 12:39 PM
Trane

Embiid is 7'1 in shoes but still impressive nonetheless.

Chad Ford ?@chadfordinsider 1h
Andrew Wiggins measurements from today. 6' 8.75" in shoes, 7' 0" wingspan, 8" 11" standing reach.

Jabari Parker's measurements at workout on Friday: 6' 9" in shoes, 6' 11.75" wingspan, 8' 11.5" standing reach.

Joel Embiid's measurements at the workout on Fri: 7' 1" in shoes, 7' 5.75" wingspan, 9' 5.5" standing reach.
5/26/14 12:41 PM
Dirty Dick Slater

Would not touch embid with a ten foot pole Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:45 PM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirty Dick Slater - Would not touch embid with a ten foot pole Phone Post 3.0
Why? He's not Oden Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:53 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirty Dick Slater - Would not touch embid with a ten foot pole Phone Post 3.0
Why not? Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 12:57 PM
Dirty Dick Slater

Injury concerns. Too many 7 footers have been bust or have had terrible injuries. I do not think he has a good enough offensive game to score in the NBA Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 1:01 PM
jragg32
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirty Dick Slater - Injury concerns. Too many 7 footers have been bust or have had terrible injuries. I do not think he has a good enough offensive game to score in the NBA Phone Post 3.0
Guy just started playing basketball an has already shown glimpses of great back to the basket game.

People like to compare him to Thabeet but he really isn't anything like him. He's so much more fluid. Really intriguing prospect. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 1:06 PM
Trane

jragg32 - 
Dirty Dick Slater - Injury concerns. Too many 7 footers have been bust or have had terrible injuries. I do not think he has a good enough offensive game to score in the NBA Phone Post 3.0
Guy just started playing basketball an has already shown glimpses of great back to the basket game.

People like to compare him to Thabeet but he really isn't anything like him. He's so much more fluid. Really intriguing prospect. Phone Post 3.0

I agree. That's why he's getting comparisons from Hakeem to Ibaka which is still good.

I also think the Celtics might go for McDermott, they've been longing for a good whitey for awhile tryng to get back to their roots lol.
5/26/14 1:13 PM
SpicyTaco20

HenryO -
Region Rat - Wiggins can't dribble or shoot. He's not going to be much in the league. Top shelf defender down the road. Phone Post 3.0

How can you watch Wiggins play and think he cant shoot.

Dumb as fuck
This. Probably a Mizzuo fan Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 1:17 PM
Dirty Dick Slater

Jragg. Didn't they say the same about olawakandi? Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 1:22 PM
HenryO

Trane - 
jragg32 - 

I agree. That's why he's getting comparisons from Hakeem to Ibaka which is still good.

I also think the Celtics might go for McDermott, they've been longing for a good whitey for awhile tryng to get back to their roots lol.

You gotta be out of your mind to go McDermott with Randle sitting there. Vonleh has shown he could have elite D and shoot it, would take him over the soft MCdDermott.

But Id also take Gordon and Saric over McDermott. I just see Adam Morrison.

Could Bucks take PArker?

Sanders/Henson
Parker
Giannis

Then to top it all off take Giannis older Brother in 2nd round
5/26/14 1:23 PM
Trane

Wiggins will be a star one day but I get the feelling that whoever that drafts him will only be grooming him until he goes to the Raptors in a few years.

Imo, he was overhyped coming out of HS, keep in mind that he was purposely held back a year (strategy used by many prospects nowadays), therefore was able to dominate his HS peers without trying. After he reclassified to enter college he finally played with guys his age group again which he proved to be less dominant.

He's the most athletic propsect by far and he's incredible in transition but it'll take him a few years to get his half-court game, ISO moves and shot together imo.
5/26/14 1:25 PM
HenryO

Dirty Dick Slater - Jragg. Didn't they say the same about olawakandi? Phone Post 3.0

There is always more risk with big men, but have you seen Embiid play? He looks pretty natural on both sides of ball

As did Oden, but I dont think Embiid has those injuries
5/26/14 1:30 PM
HenryO

Trane - Wiggins will be a star one day but I get the feelling that whoever that drafts him will only be grooming him until he goes to the Raptors in a few years.

Imo, he was overhyped coming out of HS, keep in mind that he was purposely held back a year (strategy used by many prospects nowadays), therefore was able to dominate his HS peers without trying. After he reclassified to enter college he finally played with guys his age group again which he proved to be less dominant.

He's the most athletic propsect by far and he's incredible in transition but it'll take him a few years to get his half-court game, ISO moves and shot together imo.

The thing is in 2014 NBA you pretty much have a guy for 1st 7 years of his career.

Though Kyrie could Cleveland

I think we are definitely looking at Wiggins to Cleveland.

They should be in playoffs in East

Varejao/Zeller
Thompson/Bennett
Wiggins
Waiters/Gee
Irving/Jack

The Cavs have completely lucked their way into a nice core
5/26/14 1:39 PM
Trane

^

Would definitely be an interesting team...now if they can lure Lebron as well in a year or two? lol.
5/26/14 2:56 PM
HernanCortes
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO -
HernanCortes - I think Parker is definitely the top player in the draft, but I'm basing this off his performance while at Duke. Cavs most likely as I said will take the center from Kansas, but I agree they should take Wiggins.

Hopefully the spurs draft a good 4. Probably an overseas guy. Phone Post 3.0

I dont Parker can guard anyone in the NBA
We won't know until he is actually in the NBA. I just think he is a solid pick for any team, and definitely top 3 pick. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 3:00 PM
HernanCortes
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO -
Trane - Wiggins will be a star one day but I get the feelling that whoever that drafts him will only be grooming him until he goes to the Raptors in a few years.

The thing is in 2014 NBA you pretty much have a guy for 1st 7 years of his career.

Though Kyrie could Cleveland

I think we are definitely looking at Wiggins to Cleveland.

They should be in playoffs in East

Varejao/Zeller
Thompson/Bennett
Wiggins
Waiters/Gee
Irving/Jack

The Cavs have completely lucked their way into a nice core
Completely agree that Wiggins should go to Cleveland. Don't know why they have a center going number one in most analyst's mock drafts. Plus the fans would love him because he has been a big celebrity since he was in high school. Remember the sports illustrated piece they did on him while he was in high school?

Lots of potential for Wiggins. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 5:54 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

The injury was minor. I think he shows a lot of skill from a scoring perspective for someone his size, athleticism and inexperience Phone Post 3.0
5/26/14 6:36 PM
jragg32

HenryO -
Dirty Dick Slater - Jragg. Didn't they say the same about olawakandi? Phone Post 3.0

There is always more risk with big men, but have you seen Embiid play? He looks pretty natural on both sides of ball

As did Oden, but I dont think Embiid has those injuries
Definitely much more risk, but much more reward too. A great big man is usually more important to team success than a great wing.

I value Embiid higher than Oden. I wasn't quite on the bandwagon. He was big and could block shots but I didn't see the offensive potential that I see in Embiid.

Otoh, I'm not too high on Wiggins. People think he's gonna come in and be the next tmac but the fact remains he statistically is an awful finisher at the rim And can't really go get his own shot when you need him to.
If I had to compare him to someone right now it's something like a kawhi leonard Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.