UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White addresses Diaz brothers situations

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/23/14 10:48 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Nick and Nate Diaz are two of the most polarizing figures in mixed martial arts, and their public spats with the UFC are very publicized. At a media scrum prior to UFC 173, Dana White addressed a lot of the issues with both brothers:

“I said it to you guys 50,000 times – if Nate Diaz doesn’t want to fight for the next three years, he doesn’t have to fight,” White said. “You can’t force a guy to fight. He came in, signed the contract, and was happy about his contract. But it’s always the same thing with the Diaz brothers – ‘I didn’t know what I was doing and I didn’t know anything about anything,’ and ‘I don’t know how to do this and I don’t know how to do that.’ OK. Nick is, what, 31, 32 (years old)? And Nate’s a couple years younger than him? What do you do? They’re grown men.

“But Nick is retired. He’s made it very clear that he’s retired. But [the Brown offer] was me responding to Nate saying, ‘I want to fight Matt Brown.’

“We kept offering Nick Diaz fights, and Nick said, ‘I’m retired; I don’t want to fight.’ When he’s ready to fight, he’ll let me know. That’s what everybody doesn’t understand – you don’t want to fight, OK, don’t fight. But you can’t take up a top-10 ranking if you’re not fighting.”

“If it was a knee-jerk reaction (to remove Diaz from the rankings), I’d tell you,” White said. “It’s not like I’m going to sit here and say, ‘This is the way we run the rankings.’ I don’t dislike Nate Diaz. I never have, and I don’t see a situation where I ever will. It’s just that the guy doesn’t want to fight. If he doesn’t want to fight, how’s it any skin off my back? We’ve got tons of guys who want to fight. When Nate Diaz is ready to fight, he’ll let me know.

“But they want to jump in strategically (and say), I’ll take this fight, or I’ll take a fight at 170, or I’ll take a title shot, give me a title shot. You won one fight in your last three fights. You don’t just jump in and take a title shot. I know the Diaz brothers are fun – I like watching them fight, too. I like watching them do their thing; I like all the things that you and the fans like about the Diaz brothers. But they can’t just jump in whenever they want to and jump over all these other guys that are active and fighting all the time.”

read entire article...

5/23/14 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rnunz
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But do they want to fight? And if they don't want to fight then what? Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:13 AM
AngryFoamy
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Diaz bros are two fighters I order a PPV for no matter who else is on the card.  It's unfortunate that for whatever reasons they are not fighting as they certainly have the fan base.

5/23/14 11:20 AM
trblesum13
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the Diaz brothers, but the shenanigans are getting old. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:22 AM
sacredhate
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Egg of Greed dropping truth bombs.
5/23/14 11:27 AM
ChaosOverkill
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point they should just keep asking Dana dumb questions until he snaps and takes hostages.

Maybe a logic paradox will scramble his shitbot circuits.

5/23/14 11:34 AM
SoCalMutt
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some fighters dont get paid because they don't have the star power. But some fighers with star power don't get paid because rhey signed bad contracts. Seems to me Zuffa holds almost all the negotiating power for pro fighters.

Tough gig. Stand and wang many wins to enter 1 loss to be kicked out. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:36 AM
Ryan Black
679 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AngryFoamy -

The Diaz bros are two fighters I order a PPV for no matter who else is on the card.  It's unfortunate that for whatever reasons they are not fighting as they certainly have the fan base.

VTFU, and this.

I want to see The Diaz Brothers fight, I love watching both of them perform. When Nick gets 'in the zone' he's nearly unstoppable- and same for Nate, who's shown the same heart & skill, in my opinion. If either one of them is on a PPV, I will most definitely be watching.

That was a refreshingly straightforward, poignant explanation from DFW. Can't really argue with him there, IMO.

That being said- I hope everything gets sorted out, and we get to see both Diaz Bros. fight as soon as possible. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:37 AM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dom1n1c -

Even when Dana is in the right, every time I read or hear him say something it makes me throw up in my mouth.

^that.
And the diaz bros do want to fight just not for what they're contracted for. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:38 AM
Ryan Black
679 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

At this point they should just keep asking Dana dumb questions until he snaps and takes hostages.

Maybe a logic paradox will scramble his shitbot circuits.

Legit LOL & VTFU @ChaosOverkill. Hahahah. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:49 AM
UGCTT_CrestRio
359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If you dont want to fight, you cant take up a top 10 ranking*

*reads this, thinks for a moment, goes to UFC rankings. Looks at Lil Nog's ranking* Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:52 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the Diaz bros. but Dana is correct here. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 11:59 AM
john joe
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But they want to jump in strategically (and say), I'll take this fight, or I'll take a fight at 170, or I'll take a title shot, give me a title shot. You won one fight in your last three fights. You don't just jump in and take a title shot.

so chael can "step up" for a title shot but nate can't?
5/23/14 12:05 PM
HandyDarsh
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 
"But they want to jump in strategically (and say), I'll take this fight, or I'll take a fight at 170, or I'll take a title shot, give me a title shot. You won one fight in your last three fights. You don't just jump in and take a title shot.

5/23/14 12:27 PM
Rantuckjr
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 
john joe - 

So the two of you cant see the difference between hey i'll step up and fill in for a guy so the card is saved and a guy who volunteers to step up and fight people while also taking the fights he is offered and a guy who isnt taking any fights and says i will only fight if you give me what i want?
5/23/14 12:31 PM
Blaze_

Dana: "The Diaz brothers don't want to fight."

Diaz Bros: "Sure we'll fight, just give us a fair share of that pie."

I hope Dana will budge just a little. Hopefully they both make some compromises and come to and agreement.
5/23/14 12:40 PM
Silverball
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - 

This.
5/23/14 12:53 PM
Eskoe1
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the Diaz bros. especially nick, but Dana has a point. Im moving on from this. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 1:05 PM
HandyDarsh
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
Rantuckjr - 
HandyDarsh - 
john joe - 

So the two of you cant see the difference between hey i'll step up and fill in for a guy so the card is saved and a guy who volunteers to step up and fight people while also taking the fights he is offered and a guy who isnt taking any fights and says i will only fight if you give me what i want?

He offered to step up and "save" the card....true, but!

That never actually happened did it? But he did get a season of TUF out of it and a a full training camp in preparation for a title shot while coming off off of a loss....right? Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 1:20 PM
BurnMyEyes
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 
Pitbull3744 -
Rantuckjr - 
HandyDarsh - 
john joe - 

That never actually happened did it? But he did get a season of TUF out of it and a a full training camp in preparation for a title shot while coming off off of a loss....right? Phone Post 3.0

Didn't nick diaz already get a title shot off of a loss?I think that nullifies the chael argument.Does Nick deserve another title shot off a loss??i dont get it
5/23/14 1:21 PM
HandyDarsh

BurnMyEyes -
HandyDarsh - 
Pitbull3744 -
Rantuckjr - 
HandyDarsh - 
john joe - 

Didn't nick diaz already get a title shot off of a loss?I think that nullifies the chael argument.Does Nick deserve another title shot off a loss??i dont get it
I thought we we're discussing Nate wanting he same treatment as Chael and nick but Dana doesn't think that's right.

Nvm Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 1:24 PM
BurnMyEyes
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 
BurnMyEyes -
HandyDarsh - 
Pitbull3744 -
Rantuckjr - 
HandyDarsh - 
john joe - 

I thought we we're discussing Nate wanting he same treatment as Chael and nick but Dana doesn't think that's right.

Nvm Phone Post 3.0

i get confused with which diaz brother wants a title shot.my bad
5/23/14 1:45 PM
Watch Bellator on Spike

john joe - 

chael isnt turning down fights and sitting on the sidelines waiting to jump in for a title shot.  completely different situations.

5/23/14 1:50 PM
Bigyoutube

Pay the god damn fighters what they should be payed and you will have no problems getting them into the ring , keep paying them peanuts and all those amazing athletes that were thinking about MMA as a future will want nothing to do with the sport , how is this hard to understand Phone Post 3.0
5/23/14 1:52 PM
HandyDarsh

Watch Bellator on Spike -
john joe - 

chael isnt turning down fights and sitting on the sidelines waiting to jump in for a title shot.  completely different situations.

He isn't turn in down fights because he is only offered huge names that don't think he deserves the shot.

Nate is matched up with with young guys all the time, and he feels he shouldn't have to keep working his way up since he has established himself.

Not sure if I agree will all the Diaz bros demand, but there's obviously favoritism to Chael due to his promoting techniques. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.