UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TJ Dillashaw is the best striker in the UFC

5/25/14 1:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Xyientist - 
Animal Mother - 
Mad Xyientist - YES. now is the time for ridiculous hyperbole based on whatever fight just happened
OK, provide a more masterful performance against an opponent as skilled as Rennan Barao. You can't....... Phone Post 3.0

Jose Aldo vs chad Mendes. What do I win

LOL. That didn't take long. Weidman vs. Anderson Silva.
5/25/14 1:10 AM
Animal Mother
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Xyientist -
Animal Mother - 
Mad Xyientist - YES. now is the time for ridiculous hyperbole based on whatever fight just happened
OK, provide a more masterful performance against an opponent as skilled as Rennan Barao. You can't....... Phone Post 3.0

Lol no. Re watch fight fren. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:11 AM
B_Goetz

he dominated one of the best strikers and best fighters in the game

LOL, no. He beat one of the top guys in a weak as piss division.
Animal Mother
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz -
Mad Xyientist - 
Animal Mother - 

You've got to be fucking kidding me. You've just disqualified yourself from this conversation. Phone Post 3.0
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - 
Mad Xyientist - 
Animal Mother - 

TJ's performance was more masterful than Weidman's 2 times. Not saying Weidman's wasnt huge but Barao never fucked around and TJ dominated him through and through for 5 rounds. It wasnt like the first Chael fight either where Anderson was injured.

Also, Weidman legit won the 2nd fight but cmon, how can you say someone breaking their leg on a kick is more masterful than a 5 round domination with a TKO in the end?
5/25/14 1:13 AM
Animal Mother

Rickson's Aura - Props to Dillashaw for the upset and his overall performance....but Rogan's dickridin' ass and statements like the one made by the OP are ridiculous. Barao looked sloppy especially after round 1. Let's not like act like Dillashaw outstruck Anderson Silva in his prime.
He looked sloppy because he's used to being the faster fighter and he wasn't tonight. He couldn't find TJ all night. He was wiffing all night. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:16 AM
B_Goetz

Weidman was winning every minute of both fights with Anderson. He knocked him out cold FFS. The injury in the second fight was unfortunate, but Anderson was losing before that.

What you're not willing to accept is that Barao is a plodding fighter with weak footwork. He's not exceptional, except that he fights in a thin division. Pettis destroying Benson or even Cerrone is more impressive.
5/25/14 1:17 AM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Mother - 
Rickson's Aura - Props to Dillashaw for the upset and his overall performance....but Rogan's dickridin' ass and statements like the one made by the OP are ridiculous. Barao looked sloppy especially after round 1. Let's not like act like Dillashaw outstruck Anderson Silva in his prime.
He looked sloppy because he's used to being the faster fighter and he wasn't tonight. He couldn't find TJ all night. He was wiffing all night. Phone Post 3.0

I dont think he is the tighest striker though. Aldo is tighter. He is usually more fast and explosive and athletic than his opponents. I think Eddie Wineland was doing pretty good against him?
5/25/14 1:17 AM
Wasa-B

B_Goetz - Weidman was winning every minute of both fights with Anderson. He knocked him out cold FFS. The injury in the second fight was unfortunate, but Anderson was losing before that.

What you're not willing to accept is that Barao is a plodding fighter with weak footwork. He's not exceptional, except that he fights in a thin division. Pettis destroying Benson or even Cerrone is more impressive.

No.
5/25/14 1:18 AM
B_Goetz

The only reason anyone is claiming that Barao is an amazing fighter is because Rogan and Dana kept insisting he was.
5/25/14 1:24 AM
Wasa-B

B_Goetz - The only reason anyone is claiming that Barao is an amazing fighter is because Rogan and Dana kept insisting he was.

you really got something against barao it seems. he earned the right to be amongst the p4p best, personally, i think he was ONE of them but it changes all the time and there is hardly ever consensus on who the single best is. everyone loses eventually. but losing after 30 fights over 9 years is as legit as it comes. obviously dana and rogan pump up their product but barao was also undersung for some time too.

TJ could just be that good too and/or could have Barao's #. It happens. The best get surpassed.
5/25/14 1:25 AM
Animal Mother

B_Goetz - The only reason anyone is claiming that Barao is an amazing fighter is because Rogan and Dana kept insisting he was.
B level !?! Jesus Christ. I was fucking around about the not even close part, but that was far from b level striking. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:25 AM
Animal Mother

I don't know why it quoted you. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:29 AM
Rickson's Aura
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never thought of Barao as the best striker in the UFC. He is a well rounded fighter but by no means did I ever think he was a guy no one could stand with. Dillashaw performance is great because he dominated a well rounded fighter who had dominated his division. People already declaring him the best and fastest striker after this fight alone are delusional. Duane Ludwig had already coached Faber against Barao so he had plenty of tape on him. That probably helped Ludwig in formulating a striking gameplan for Dillashaw to execute.
5/25/14 1:38 AM
B_Goetz

Wasa-B - 
B_Goetz - The only reason anyone is claiming that Barao is an amazing fighter is because Rogan and Dana kept insisting he was.

you really got something against barao it seems. he earned the right to be amongst the p4p best, personally, i think he was ONE of them but it changes all the time and there is hardly ever consensus on who the single best is. everyone loses eventually. but losing after 30 fights over 9 years is as legit as it comes. obviously dana and rogan pump up their product but barao was also undersung for some time too.

TJ could just be that good too and/or could have Barao's #. It happens. The best get surpassed.

If I don't think a fighter is a P4P great it means I must hate him. That's generally what the more weak-minded and childish posters resort to when their rhetorical skills fail them. That, and posting "No" and "You're disqualified from the conversation."

Barao is a good fighter, and TJ has become very good, but the thread title is pure idiocy. I really want to be civil here, but that's the truth. It's one of the dumber things I've read on this forum in all the time I've been posting here. Some other fool called him the best striker in the world. The only reason anyone is claiming any of these things is because of marketing. If you took a drink every time Rogan said P4P tonight you'd be in the hospital.
5/25/14 1:42 AM
VinegarStrokes
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - What a fucking joke. A bunch of guys are better strikers. Edson Barboza is a better striker than Dillashaw. He's a decent fighter in a wasteland of a division.

Barboza lost his last fight after nearly getting KO'd standing and getting choked out.

5/25/14 1:42 AM
Wasa-B

For the record, ive always thought Aldo was a better striker than Barao. And again, you cant become the "best striker in MMA" without being that over and over and over again which TJ has only started. But i think he was looking like one of them tonight.

Ive also never been personally accused of drinking the Dana/Rogan cool aid and not sure if you think i am personally but i do think Barao was one of the best in the game.
5/25/14 1:45 AM
Wasa-B

VinegarStrokes - 
B_Goetz - What a fucking joke. A bunch of guys are better strikers. Edson Barboza is a better striker than Dillashaw. He's a decent fighter in a wasteland of a division.

Barboza lost his last fight after nearly getting KO'd standing and getting choked out.

Barboza could just have a weak jaw but he is also inconsistent and the fact he lets himself got caught is a technical flaw too. Dillashaw was on another level than antyhing Barboza has shown imo who seems to have flashes of brilliance but have lapses as well.
5/25/14 1:46 AM
Wasa-B

B_Goetz - 
Wasa-B - 

If I don't think a fighter is a P4P great it means I must hate him. That's generally what the more weak-minded and childish posters resort to when their rhetorical skills fail them. That, and posting "No" and "You're disqualified from the conversation."

Barao is a good fighter, and TJ has become very good, but the thread title is pure idiocy. I really want to be civil here, but that's the truth. It's one of the dumber things I've read on this forum in all the time I've been posting here. Some other fool called him the best striker in the world. The only reason anyone is claiming any of these things is because of marketing. If you took a drink every time Rogan said P4P tonight you'd be in the hospital.

Btw, who said "You're disqualified from the conversation"? Not me. Also think its dumb to say Barboza is better than TJ.
5/25/14 1:52 AM
B_Goetz

VinegarStrokes - 

I'm aware. He's also a more skillful striker than Dillashaw. Hell, Cerrone probably is too.

Being undefeated over a long period is more impressive to most people than a mixed record against higher competition.
5/25/14 1:55 AM
Wasa-B

Barboza is def a gifted offensive striker but he seems to lack defense. Cerrone against Nate also leaves something to be desired.
5/25/14 4:59 AM
KnockoutThoughts
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Mother - And it isn't even close. That was fucking amazing. Phone Post 3.0
One fight does not make an amazing striker. It simply makes for an amazing striking performance. TJ Dillashaw 2 fights ago didn't possess the striking skills he demonstrated today. If he can consistently outstrike his opponents demonstrated over time, not just in one fight, then he can be one of the best. I doubt that happens given his competition. He did great against Barao tonight. Let's see him impose his striking against different styles before we crown him king of anything. Great performance by Dillashaw nonetheless. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 5:00 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - He was probably tonight but to hold that title, you gotta hold down the same thing fight after fight.....we have to see him do that still....but he had all the elements of that tonight, sure.

This.

TJ's hand-speed was incredible tonight...
5/25/14 6:10 AM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Straight up, if you think Cerrone and Barboza are better striker's than the TJ Dillashaw that demolished Barao from bell to bell tonight you have absolutely no clue about striking/MMA.

TJ looked absolutely phenomenal:
- variety of lead attacks, he lead successfully jab, rear straight, lead hook, leg kick, body kick - with most of these from both southpaw and orthodox stance
- fantastic movement, in terms of both the angles he attacked from and getting out on safe angles too
- consistently kept this up over 4.5 rounds
- did not (for the most part) get sucked into a brawl and stuck to his gameplan very well
- threw with power and had Barao very hurt at several points in the fight
- extremely quick
- did all this in the highest pressure fight against the best opponent of his entire career

TJ was near flawless tonight.
5/25/14 6:13 AM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No it's Ronda, she drops championship boxers in training remember?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.