UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Barao Was Very Sick Before UFC 173

5/25/14 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sloppy Single Leg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Claims that is the reason for his performance tonight.
5/25/14 1:22 AM
BobSherob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regardless he fought and got dominated. If he was healthy enough to fight the. He was healthy enough to lose.

Great fighter though. Can't wait to see who barao takes on next. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:22 AM
Rabid Bunyip
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really? Is that from presser? Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:28 AM
grimer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...must be the Brazilian flu that seems to go around whenever one of them loses a big fight.
5/25/14 1:31 AM
funwithbakedgoods

grimer - lol...must be the Brazilian flu that seems to go around whenever one of them loses a big fight.

precisely!
5/25/14 1:32 AM
TX_432
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grimer - lol...must be the Brazilian flu that seems to go around whenever one of them loses a big fight.
. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:32 AM
StelioKontos

is the post fight press conference on right now? my ufc app on xbox says to sit my ass down and wait
5/25/14 1:33 AM
ShanTheMan
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brazilian Flu needs to be someone's screenname
Raxbot
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillashaw bringing the fight out of the gate leading to the knockdown while Barao was still feeling it out, paired with Dillashaw never letting off the pressure afterward, pushed Barao into a tentative performance where he never established his game.

That's why Barao lost IMO.

I was rooting for Barao to the very end, but Dillashaw put on an impressive performance. If it was what Joe Rogan objectively considers "the best performance [he's] ever seen," then I can't help but question how high he has been at past events, but it was an impressive performance nonetheless.
Louisvillain
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brazillian gonna Brazillian. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:36 AM
Stea1th

to be fair and maybe someone can post pic, there was a shot of him in the locker room right before the fight and I even said to myself he looks like shit. I believe it was the part where the camera was right in front of him and he looked behind him as if the camera was looking at something else.
5/25/14 1:36 AM
Sloppy Single Leg

TTT.
5/25/14 1:37 AM
HeyMarkIt1886
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raxbot - Dillashaw bringing the fight out of the gate leading to the knockdown while Barao was still feeling it out, paired with Dillashaw never letting off the pressure afterward, pushed Barao into a tentative performance where he never established his game.

I was rooting for Barao to the very end, but Dillashaw put on an impressive performance. If it was what Joe Rogan objectively considers "the best performance [he's] ever seen," then I can't help but question how high he has been at past events, but it was an impressive performance nonetheless.
Given Dillashaw's underdog status and then way in which he dominated and then finished Barao I don't think Rogan is off at all. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 1:38 AM
Sloppy Single Leg

Stea1th - to be fair and maybe someone can post pic, there was a shot of him in the locker room right before the fight and I even said to myself he looks like shit. I believe it was the part where the camera was right in front of him and he looked behind him as if the camera was looking at something else.

Should have laid some last minute money down on Dillashaw!
5/25/14 1:50 AM
Senester
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeyMarkIt1886 -
Raxbot - Dillashaw bringing the fight out of the gate leading to the knockdown while Barao was still feeling it out, paired with Dillashaw never letting off the pressure afterward, pushed Barao into a tentative performance where he never established his game.

Given Dillashaw's underdog status and then way in which he dominated and then finished Barao I don't think Rogan is off at all. Phone Post 3.0
One of the best performances I've ever seen to be honest. And the Boston pizza I was at wasn't even playing the sound for half the fight. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:07 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

TX_432 -
grimer - lol...must be the Brazilian flu that seems to go around whenever one of them loses a big fight.
. Phone Post 3.0
Haha I'd feel sick too if I had just lost the belt and had to see my opponent wearing it. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:21 AM
Mack Diesel

Brazillions gonna brazil Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:35 AM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FeelinFroggy - Honestly, I loved seeing TJ beat Barao, but Barao looked off tonight, and not just because TJ was bringing it. I mean, from the very start of the fight, Barao looked like 20-30% slower with his strikes and entire movement...you don't have to be an apologist to acknowledge that barao was a shell of himself. I mean, seriously, has TJ ever looked this impressive before? it was like bizarro TJ vs. bizarro Barao.
He was bound to have an off night at some point man, it just so happened dillishaw gave the fight of his life as well.

Can't wait to see these guys meet again in the cage, fireworks. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:43 AM
HH009
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FeelinFroggy - Honestly, I loved seeing TJ beat Barao, but Barao looked off tonight, and not just because TJ was bringing it. I mean, from the very start of the fight, Barao looked like 20-30% slower with his strikes and entire movement...you don't have to be an apologist to acknowledge that barao was a shell of himself. I mean, seriously, has TJ ever looked this impressive before? it was like bizarro TJ vs. bizarro Barao.
Yeah I agree he looked off. I don't think the 160 shots had anything to do with it though. That Brazilian flu is straight nasty!

TJ Dillashaw new nickname is the Brazilian Flu! Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:49 AM
RadiO

FeelinFroggy - Honestly, I loved seeing TJ beat Barao, but Barao looked off tonight, and not just because TJ was bringing it. I mean, from the very start of the fight, Barao looked like 20-30% slower with his strikes and entire movement...you don't have to be an apologist to acknowledge that barao was a shell of himself. I mean, seriously, has TJ ever looked this impressive before? it was like bizarro TJ vs. bizarro Barao.

I feel the same way about barao's performance tonight .......he was supposed to be on MMAJunkie on Friday but didn't make It because of the weight cut .... I think the weight cut is hurting him a lot
5/25/14 2:54 AM
TexDeuce
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 2:55 AM
12ealdeal

TX_432 - 
. Phone Post 3.0

We should just call it that and establish it WELL BEFORE we give them the chance to conjure up their bullshit excuses.
5/25/14 2:58 AM
pegson123

Sore losers Phone Post
5/25/14 4:14 AM
Lefthook33
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roll bread Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 4:25 AM
iwatchsomemma

I won't take anything away from TJ but Barao did seem off.

We'll have to wait and see what comes of it if he really was ill or the like.

Bummer for something like that to happen in a title fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.