UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendo is still the GOAT

5/25/14 9:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
teamquestnorth
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its not even a debate. Anderson and fedor never fought half as many top notch opponents as hendo has and both of them bottomed out while still in their 30's.

I give props to DC on an amazing performance and I hooe he whoops up on JBJ.

I still expect hendo to rebound off this loss and get back to his winning ways.

Hoping for hendo vs rumble next. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:12 AM
Wisdom100
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/25/14 9:12 AM

lol!! you still here? by the way, we had a bet me and you?? screen name bet?

5/25/14 9:13 AM
teamquestnorth
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wisdom100 -

Hope not cause i just lost a sn bet on the barao fight Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:14 AM
Fabes
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
Hendo is my favorite fighter ever.
He's not the GOAT though. One of the greatest and easily one of the toughest ever though for sure. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:15 AM
teamquestnorth

teamquestnorth -
Wisdom100 -

Just remembered we had a sn bet on chael/wand Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:24 AM
Wisdom100

teamquestnorth - 
teamquestnorth -
Wisdom100 -

Just remembered we had a sn bet on chael/wand Phone Post 3.0

yeah you right! I must have confused this fight with that fight! 

5/25/14 9:31 AM
teamquestnorth

GregBell - How about yoel romero at middle ? Instead of rumble at light heavy
Romero is a BEAST and I expect him to have the MW belt by 2015. Nobody can stop his double leg except maybe chael Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:32 AM
teamquestnorth

I dont think hendo will ever fight at MW again. Maybe at franklinweight Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:36 AM
Lazer MMA

Dan is old and never been slower. Guys get a grip please

One of my all time favorites, he is somewhere near the top yes, but he's not on the very top IMO, and it's clear too.
5/25/14 9:38 AM
Lazer MMA

teamquestnorth - I dont think hendo will ever fight at MW again. Maybe at franklinweight Phone Post 3.0

His T may hit zero maybe from the cut LOL. 85 is strong a F, not like back even a short while ago. His record at 85 and many of his efforts are nothing special
5/25/14 9:40 AM
ChrisChronic
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo is my favorite fighter ever. Objectively, based on record alone it would be hard to call him the Greatest of all Time in a traditional sense.

For me though, Henderson is the greatest competitor in MMA history. He's grown with the sport since nearly the beginning and he's fought all kinds of different versions of the best of the best in MMA and he's beaten a lot of them.

In the early UFC's a BJJ black belt was like a mythical creature. Hendo fought and beat Allen Goes in his first UFC.

Tournament of Champions. Some of the best heavyweights in the world. Henderson wins the tourney.

Wanderlei Silva, the dominant force in PRIDES MW division, brutally knocked out some of the best in the world. Hendo dropped him with a clean hook to the jaw.

Tge greatest Heavyweight of all time coming off the only legit loss in his career? Sure Hendo will fight him. Holy shit he knocked Fedor out.

Shogun Rua? Another candidate for the 205 pound goat. Hendo knocked him out.

Wins over former WW, MW, LHW, and HW champions.

Sure he has his share of losses, but he fought and lost to the best.

Rampage comes over from Pride and knocks out Chuck? Hendo will fight him.

Anderson Silva is destroying everything you can throw at him? Hendo will fight him.

Dan Cormier coming down from HW to claim the LHW division as his own? Undefeated? Hendo will fight him.

Damn I love this dude. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:41 AM
teamquestnorth

Theres uncomfirmed rumors that hendo has been suffering from the flu the last couple days which could explain his performance last night.

Henderson WILL BE BACK doing what he does best which is whoop ass. Bank on it. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 9:43 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 05/25/14 9:43 AM

TTT
5/25/14 9:44 AM
Lazer MMA

I bought the Glover hype - 
Lazer MMA - 
Dan is old and never been slower. Guys get a grip please

One of my all time favorites, he is somewhere near the top yes, but he's not on the very top IMO, and it's clear too.

Especially without his TRT.

You're an ignorant hating fuck. If there was ANY version of Dan that could have beaten DC (of last night) it was long ago and I'd guess prior to TRT (closer to wrestling PRIMe).

TRT had nothing to do with it.

It also had nothing to do with Hendo taking Shogun's head shots (very few ever could have) or the butt hurt you'll have for life over that.

Hey UG vote this piece of shit up some more.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2324400/I-am-tired-of-the-unfairness-toward-Shogun/?&page=1

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2325043/Anyone-else-from-Team-Quest-use-TRT/?&page=1

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2325043/Anyone-else-from-Team-Quest-use-TRT/?&page=1
5/25/14 9:50 AM
Surly
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Hendo, and he is definitely one of the best of all time.

However, it's hard for me to see him as the GOAT when there was never a time where he was the undisputed best at a given weight class. Yes he held two Pride belts, but then lost to Rampage and Anderson. For GOAT status you have guys like Fedor, Anderson, GSP who were the clear cut best in their weight class for a long stretch. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 10:41 AM
teamquestnorth

I bought the Glover hype -
Surly - I love Hendo, and he is definitely one of the best of all time.

However, it's hard for me to see him as the GOAT when there was never a time where he was the undisputed best at a given weight class. Yes he held two Pride belts, but then lost to Rampage and Anderson. For GOAT status you have guys like Fedor, Anderson, GSP who were the clear cut best in their weight class for a long stretch. Phone Post 3.0

And for fucks sake he lost to JAKE SHIELDS

He had an off night against shields Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 11:57 AM
Jug full of P

teamquestnorth -

Did he also have an off night against Anderson? Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 12:01 PM
Jug full of P

Jug full of P -
teamquestnorth -

Did he also have an off night against Anderson? Phone Post 3.0
Or Vitor.... Phone Post 3.0
5/25/14 12:09 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOAT will always be a debate....Hendo definitely has a strong case.

I kno many will disagree with me, but Trt tarnishes his goat status a bit. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.