UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones vs Gus the moment of truth (pic)

6/4/14 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wisdom100
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/04/14 1:08 PM

I have rewatched the fight, and am gonna tell you this, Gus knew he lost before they even announced the scoring cards.. gus was looking down and you could easily see it on his body language that he knew for a fact he lost that fight.. 

this Picture is from there fight just as the fight finished, Jones knew he won the fight but gus knew he lost the fight.. even his corner men knew that they lost the fight.. Jones out-hearted him in the end of the fight if you rewatch the fight you would know what i'm talking about. 

6/4/14 1:10 PM
creepymcfinger

This will end poorly Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:14 PM
Rob San Soo

creepymcfinger - This will end poorly Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:15 PM
The Man With No Screen Name
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is the - sign between the 'M' and the '1' in your name Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:16 PM
Wisdom100

Edited: 06/04/14 1:17 PM

Jones was keep coming in the 5th round Gus was broken down, and he knew he lost the fight before bruce announced the winner.. I hope somebody will make a gif of it... 

Because that was a telling moment..  

6/4/14 1:16 PM
Wisdom100

Edited: 06/04/14 1:18 PM

--  48-47 48-47 49-46

6/4/14 1:18 PM
Cameron0000
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones was keep coming in the 5th round Gus was broken down, and he knew he lost the fight before bruce announced the winner.. I hope somebody will make a gif of it... 

Because that was a telling moment..   Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:19 PM
stanneh
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus was celebrating. pic is out of context.
6/4/14 1:20 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's it like using your tongue for Jones' toilet paper?

Come on, man. I realize this is your "thing" but reel it in. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:21 PM
Toquinho
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because that was a telling moment.. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:27 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't even know why they fight, we can hudge by body language at the pre fight presser who will win, amiright. Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:29 PM
steverowbotham
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because that was a telling moment.. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:35 PM
Card
2328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus gassed out. Hopefully he's been working on his cardio.

6/4/14 1:36 PM
FadeToBlack

I am honestly surprised that more than 10% of people who watched the fight more than once would have awarded Gus the winner. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:36 PM
T Bag

That picture doesn't really mean much...Gus got the shit beat out of him the last round and could barely stand. Even if he thought he won he wouldn't have looked much different Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:37 PM
David Olofsson
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon "Chicken bone" Jones is cocky and also trained by one of the best coaches in the world Greg Jackson, so he will always act as he has won the fight after every round.
It does not matter if he won the first fight since Alexander have earned the rematch.
Jones did not want a rematch even when the fight was close and many people thought the decision was wrong. Jones demanded that Alexander should win another fight and this is exactly what he have done. Alexander is now the number one contender and should get a title fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:38 PM
FadeToBlack

Gus made the fight close. But 'close' doesn't count except in horseshoes and hand grenades. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:41 PM
Devlin
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FadeToBlack - I am honestly surprised that more than 10% of people who watched the fight more than once would have awarded Gus the winner. Phone Post 3.0
watched it a few times it was very close but i gave gus the first 3 rounds. Could see how you could score it for jones though. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:42 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Jones faced Alexander Gustafsson on September 21, 2013, at UFC 165. Jones was badly cut above the eye during the first round, but he continued and eventually won the back-and-forth fight via a very controversial unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, and 49-46).

Many MMA fans and personalities alike believe Gustaffson did more than enough to win the fight. After the match, Jones said Gustafsson gave him the toughest fight of his career and the champion (badly beat up) and challenger (for precautionary reasons) were both sent to hospital for the injuries with Jones actually being carried/led out of the octagon and wheeled away on a stretcher while Gustafsson took post fight interviews.

Jones suffered a laceration, facial swelling, and many welts. He was released from the hospital with no broken bones or serious injuries. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 1:52 PM
Bootsy Collins
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Close decision vs the champ is never really enoug-I'm sure Gus knew this
6/4/14 1:57 PM
thegreenroom
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it's this close where u need picture of body language evidence as proof... And the challenger has already fought and beat a dangerous opponent, it's time for a REMATCH!! This is not an immediate rematch. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 2:01 PM
orcus

All the "Gus is the real champ" talk is and always has been hilarious. Jones came closer to finishing, Jones showed more heart, Jones won more rounds.

One of the funniest things on the UG is always seeing guys flip-flop on "it's not point fighting! Whoever comes closer to finishing should win! Pride rules!" versus "he landed more strikes according to Fightmetric, he won 3 rounds to 2!" depending on how their guy lost.
6/4/14 2:06 PM
esque
726 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus' chin is better than his cardio was. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/14 2:13 PM
Zanzoken
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

Gus gassed out. Hopefully he's been working on his cardio.

Yep, I think Gus did a lot more damage in the fight but fatigue was really setting in on him by the 5th round.

I scored it for Gus watching live but haven't watched a second time. No matter who you think won, there is no doubt that Jones is a tremendous fighter and a worthy champion.
6/4/14 2:20 PM
Tom O'Bedlam
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was no controversy in the decision. Jones won that fight 3-2, that said, I think he would have an even closer fight the 2nd time around.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.