UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> King Mo remains irate over Rampage decision

6/5/14 12:05 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Muhammed "KIng Mo" Lawal lost a controversial decision to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at Bellator 120 on May 17. Most fans have moved on to the next controversy, but in an interview with Susan Cingari, Lawal's feelings have not changed appreciably since he referred to Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney as "ya dick riding ass."

Susan Cingari: Looking back what would you have done differently, if anything at all?

King Mo:  I would do a lot differently. Well, the whole game plan changed when I could not get my footing, I was slipping all over the mat, over the canvas and I tried to stick with wrestling. I wanted to stand more and punch more but I was slipping and falling and sliding and I just couldn’t get my footing on the mat. The game plan was to definitely to take him down. Mix it up and keep him guessing, but I just kept on wrestling because the canvas was so slippery, I couldn’t stick to my game plan.

SC: Now, I’ve heard your manager talk about this and you have been vocal about this in the past   For people who are new to MMA or for people who just need a refresher course can you explain what you meant by that and why it is such an important issue?

KM: Well yes. I’m a wrestler, I’m a puncher and I use my footwork. And as for the mats been slippery I couldn’t be effective with my wresting take downs because I would slip and I couldn’t be effective with my movement or motion or my power punches because the mats were so slippery. To throw true power punches your feet need to be set.

With me, I’m a mover but at the same time I can plant my feet on a dime and throw those power punches.  Well if you’ve got a slippery mat and you try to plant your feet to do something you’ll slide, and that is what I was facing the whole time.  I would move to throw punches and I would slide.

The canvas was so slippery, I know guys that have complained about it. My friend Ron Keslar who fights for Bellator: he won’t throw kicks anymore because the canvas is so slippery he’s afraid he will slip and fall. There are a bunch of people that have complained about the canvas. I wear a size 14 shoe, I have flat feet and that’s a disaster with a slippery canvas.

SC: You got pretty emotional after the fight calling Bjorn “a dick riding ass”. Do you regret what you said?

King Mo: No, because it’s true. When they announced the decision, you know he knows Quinton lost that fight. We had a brief talk, like two men talk. Then at the press conference they asked him “do you agree with the decision?” And he said yes. Well now, if he knows MMA and he is a promoter, he should know MMA. He has seen over 200 fights and he knows it’s a bad decision. Obviously he wanted Quinton to win but he didn’t, I beat him and the decision that was made was not a good one. Everyone knows I won that fight.

SC: How is your relationship with Bjorn now? I read you and he had a heart-to-heart after the fight and things are okay then?

KM:  There was no heart-to-heart. He just told me. “I heard you say some stuff alright”, and I was like “no I didn’t and it’s cool, we’ll squash that”. There was no heart-to-heart: you only have a heart-to-heart with your family and close friends.

Bjorn is my boss and I’m cool with him, I guess. I have a working relationship with the man. I don’t know the man. I know he is Bjorn Rebney, he has kids, he lives in California, he works with Bellator and he was a promoter in the past.  I know nothing else about him, know nothing else. Think about it.

Read entire interview...

Check out King Mo's sponsors:
Fit Fuel
Reebok
Nutrition Zone
MMA Elite
Lana’s Egg White
Strength Brands

Follow Susan Cingari on
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook

6/5/14 12:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DoomFarmer
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi remains irate over decision loss to Mo. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 12:26 AM
jason73
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

u mad mo?
6/5/14 12:45 AM
RollHighAllDay
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoop that trick Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 1:07 AM
MDubz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King Mo
Ken Flo
Kim Bo

??????? Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 1:13 AM
Mertvaya Ruka

what's that business with mats being slippery in bellator?
6/5/14 1:16 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

Whatever. His boring ass deserved to lose. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 1:20 AM
DoomFarmer
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GoldMedaLInTapping(R) - Whatever. His boring ass deserved to lose. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously.

When to do the bare minimum to win a decision don't fucking complain if you don't get the nod. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 1:49 AM
DiazsBongWater
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go and wrestle then Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 1:53 AM
Hocky Balboa
7546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an absolutely horrible fight to be claiming victory for.

6/5/14 2:37 AM
OG 12er
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But the mat was slippery! Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 3:01 AM
Mr_Honky
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How come no one else was complaining about the mat being slippery? Or did they and I just missed it. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 8:53 AM
StringerBell

CapnKindBud - Thinly veiled threat to Rebneys kids? Phone Post 3.0
You may be on to something.

" I know he is Bjorn Rebney, he has kids, he lives in California, he works with Bellator"

Someone get Inspector Shields on this. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 8:53 AM
DaleSonnen

King Mo sucks. I hope he loses his next fight cause of the slippery mat as well Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 9:04 AM
lifeaftrprison
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry but how can 1:30 of wrestling someone in the 3rd round make you so irate ? Rampage controlled the pace for 3 min in a round where nothing really happened. Rampage landed some, Mo not so much. He needs to get over it sounds like a baby Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 9:17 AM
Agento777

I'm a king Mo fan but he shouldn't be worrying about losing that decision. He needs to let it go and move on. I thought he won the first round and lost the second. I thought the third could have been anyone's round and who gives an F because nothing happened and it was boring. I want to see a rematch because I think it could be a better fight.

I've heard Mo talk about the mat being slippery before. He has been slipping and looking uncomfortable in previous fights, so maybe there's something to that.
6/5/14 11:54 AM
Fed

Acting like a King Ho
6/5/14 11:55 AM
T1LT

My wrestling was on point tho. Phone Post
6/5/14 11:58 AM
BigTedBear
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crying about it won't help if has anybody else on the card complained about the mat if the mat was his only problem he could have talked to the AC. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/14 12:02 PM
ranier wolfcastle
876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mo has put more energy into complaining about the decision than he did into trying to win the fight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.