UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> How badly will England Flame out of the World Cup?

6/17/14 6:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you're saying the Rugby World Cup is as legit as the Football World Cup?

What do you think would happen if the world cared as much about Rugby as they do Football? do you think the All Blacks would ever win anything again? the Aussies have won as many WCs as you and Union isnt even their most popular code of Rugby.

Look at you frantically shifting the goalposts.

First you brought up the All Blacks and Rugby as an example, then immediately poo-poo and dismiss it as soon as doesn't suit you any more.

Yep. You can then join us as another country with 2 Cups that doesn't give two hoots about cross country arse sniffing.

...except that last time England won the Rugby World Cup, they had a ticker-tape parade with up to half a million people.

LOL!
6/17/14 6:52 AM
Squatdog

Does anyone here believe he doesn't take this seriously?

TMLT has an enormous emotional investment in the England Soccer team and it's very upsetting for him when they lurch to yet another humiliating defeat. Especially as the American team that he despises is ranked nearly as high by FIFA.
6/17/14 6:55 AM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spjackson77 - 
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - 

Uh...yeah, Italy are a top 5 team in the tournament. Are you serious?

Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Spain, Germany. ....wow that was hard!

I take it you haven't actually bothered to watch any games, have you? Italy looked far more impresive than Spain, Argentina or Brazil.

Top 3 right now is Holland, Germany and Italy, in that order. everyone else is playing catch-up.
6/17/14 7:39 AM
Hired Gun
644 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I woke up this morning it seemed like the sun was brighter, birds were happier and all seemed well with the World.

All kidding aside that header was a thing of beauty. We have to pick our game up this coming Sunday.
6/17/14 7:44 AM
Bobby Lupo
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TFK_Searching Tudor - You are sorely mistaken on how this country works. Phone Post 3.0

Oh okay, so you routinely steal people from other countries and pass them off as American when they do well at something? interesting.

The English way is: wait until they win something on the world level, and then they become English: Lennox Lewis, Zola Budd

6/17/14 7:50 AM
Enamoratu
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobGotti - Oh look its Squatdog popping up on another thread about England, if you dont mind your manners you filthy colonial you can forget about your two future Kings ever coming to visit you again.

I thought it quite amusing watching Sky News seeing what seemed like everyone in what ever god awful shit hole they were visiting lining the streets with Union Jacks waving at Will,Kate and George.

Sky presenters interviewing people and from what I could make out from the god awful accent, they were just gushing with excitement to be that close to civilized people, of course Kiwis could always visit Australia but I have watched "Border Security" and even though the two countries have some sort of free travel agreement, vary rarely have I seen Kiwis get in, it would seem you all have criminal records?

NZ behind the curve again, thinking you still need a criminal record to get into Australia.

We try to keep them out, but they are the Oceania version of Mexican border jumpers. They just keep showing up everywhere.

6/17/14 7:53 AM
Bobby Lupo
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Italy is absolutely a top 5 team in this tournament. 

England held their own in the first half. It was dead even through 45 and England looked to have momentum. If that fat ginger mong could complete a simple task, it could (and should) have been 2-2.

The USA look good for exacly 1 of 90 minutes: first 30 seconds, the goal the German scored and Tim Howard (Jersey Fresh) made 2 quality saves. 

Ghana is not a pushover team.

The US team is like those Irish teams from the 90s (when they used to advance from their group and qualify for world cups): full of foreigners

To play Devil's Advocate, 2 of the best American born players in the world Rossi and the Bosnian who scored aren't playing for the US.

Raheem Sterling was born in Jamaica. More regaee boy than 3 lions

6/17/14 7:59 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/14 7:59 AM
Bobby Lupo -

The English way is: wait until they win something on the world level, and then they become English: Lennox Lewis, Zola Budd

Lennox is probably right on the line, he did live in England til he was 12 though. No idea who Zola Budd is.

6/17/14 8:02 AM
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog - 
So you're saying the Rugby World Cup is as legit as the Football World Cup?

What do you think would happen if the world cared as much about Rugby as they do Football? do you think the All Blacks would ever win anything again? the Aussies have won as many WCs as you and Union isnt even their most popular code of Rugby.

Look at you frantically shifting the goalposts.

First you brought up the All Blacks and Rugby as an example, then immediately poo-poo and dismiss it as soon as doesn't suit you any more.

Yep. You can then join us as another country with 2 Cups that doesn't give two hoots about cross country arse sniffing.

...except that last time England won the Rugby World Cup, they had a ticker-tape parade with up to half a million people.

LOL!

Lol @ Rugby

Lol @ New Zealand

6/17/14 8:09 AM
Bobby Lupo

6/17/14 8:10 AM
Bobby Lupo

He has 35 years, the English have less years. That is the meaning

6/17/14 8:16 AM
Enamoratu
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobGotti - Why do NZ continually set the bar so low for themselves?
Is this the case with the few that manage to slip into OZ, you basically have them there to do the work Australians don’t want to do?

Basically, yes.

Kiwi's, Sudanese and Indians from the slums of Calcutta seem to take all those types of jobs.

6/17/14 8:30 AM
tanner904

There was a funny as Garfield joke in the paper about soccer (futbol) Garfield said "if I wanted to watch someone struggle to score for 90 minutes, I'd just take John to the bar". John his owner of course. It was pretty funny. Not sure I said it just like the joke but it made me laugh Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 8:40 AM
tanner904

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -
gregbrady - USA is in 2nd place in the group of death limeys

How'd the Italy game go?
We lost narrowly to a top 5 team in the tournament while having 48% possession and generating significantly more chances, you narrowly beat a team somewhere in the lower end of the top 20 while having 40% possession and less chances. On top of that Italy are Englands toughest opponents in the group on paper, while Ghana are by FAR your easiest.

In other words, you're still screwed. Phone Post 3.0
So what your saying is America is 1-0 and England is 0-1 right now? lol I couldn't resist, Anyone from England talking crap about Americans and soccer should reconsider. Sure an American sports fan (like me) will watch some World Cup and watch America. That said we have no illusion that were going to win the World Cup. Of course you root for your team/country and are disappointed when they lose. That said after this is over 98% of Americans if not higher won't think about soccer again till the next World Cup. Unless there is an Olympic game. England people love it. You have a lot of people that are heartbroken when they lose. Isn't soccer the number 1 sport over there? Here it's number 5, Think about that, even hockey is more popular. Americans really just don't care much about soccer in general, it's more just about wanting "USA" to do well then the soccer team to do well. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 8:42 AM

tanner904 - 
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -
gregbrady - USA is in 2nd place in the group of death limeys

How'd the Italy game go?
We lost narrowly to a top 5 team in the tournament while having 48% possession and generating significantly more chances, you narrowly beat a team somewhere in the lower end of the top 20 while having 40% possession and less chances. On top of that Italy are Englands toughest opponents in the group on paper, while Ghana are by FAR your easiest.

In other words, you're still screwed. Phone Post 3.0
So what your saying is America is 1-0 and England is 0-1 right now? lol I couldn't resist, Anyone from England talking crap about Americans and soccer should reconsider. Sure an American sports fan (like me) will watch some World Cup and watch America. That said we have no illusion that were going to win the World Cup. Of course you root for your team/country and are disappointed when they lose. That said after this is over 98% of Americans if not higher won't think about soccer again till the next World Cup. Unless there is an Olympic game. England people love it. You have a lot of people that are heartbroken when they lose. Isn't soccer the number 1 sport over there? Here it's number 5, Think about that, even hockey is more popular. Americans really just don't care much about soccer in general, it's more just about wanting "USA" to do well then the soccer team to do well. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for that contribution mate

6/17/14 8:44 AM
tanner904

Oh and by the way I watched Italy vs England and it really was fun to watch. I can see how soccer can be exciting when really good people are playing. The England goal was awesome of a great pass. I remember the second Italy goal was really good too. Weren't all the points in the first half? Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 8:45 AM

tanner904 - Oh and by the way I watched Italy vs England and it really was fun to watch. I can see how soccer can be exciting when really good people are playing. The England goal was awesome of a great pass. I remember the second Italy goal was really good too. Weren't all the points in the first half? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for that contribution mate.

6/17/14 8:52 AM
Squatdog

RobGotti - Oh look its Squatdog popping up on another thread about England, if you dont mind your manners you filthy colonial you can forget about your two future Kings ever coming to visit you again.

I thought it quite amusing watching Sky News seeing what seemed like everyone in what ever god awful shit hole they were visiting lining the streets with Union Jacks waving at Will,Kate and George.

Sky presenters interviewing people and from what I could make out from the god awful accent, they were just gushing with excitement to be that close to civilized people, of course Kiwis could always visit Australia but I have watched "Border Security" and even though the two countries have some sort of free travel agreement, vary rarely have I seen Kiwis get in, it would seem you all have criminal records?

NZ behind the curve again, thinking you still need a criminal record to get into Australia.

LOL@'another thread about England'...it's sounds like you're becoming paranoid and delusional.

Australia has always been the dumping ground for our dole-bludgers and criminals. Everyone knows that.
6/17/14 9:01 AM

Nobody makes threads about New Zealand

6/17/14 9:12 AM
Enamoratu

They have rugby, Lord of the Rings (which are technically American films that were written by a South African born Brit) and ???.

Well, they have a low GDP too I suppose.

6/17/14 9:20 AM
Squatdog

The most rudimentary search shows that there are nine threads with 'New Zealand' in their title this year alone.

How embarrassing for you.

Lol @ Rugby

Lol @ New Zealand

England cares so little about the Rugby World Cup that nearly half a million people turned up for a ticker-tape parade celebrating their Rugby heroes.

LOL!
6/17/14 9:21 AM

Theyre a bit like Wales in that theyre more considered a Rugby country because they're known for fuck all else than because they're good. 

6/17/14 9:23 AM

Edited: 06/17/14 9:24 AM

Squatdog, does it annoy you that Australia and South Africa have won as many WCs as you when its way down their list of sporting priorities? 

6/17/14 9:26 AM
Enamoratu

Squatdog, does it annoy you that Australia and South Africa have won as many WCs as you when its way down their list of sporting priorities? 

For real. 

If you want to get the rugby results on the news you have to wait until they've covered the NRL, AFL, A-League and ad hoc events (boxing, guys jumping to earth from space etc). Then they flick up the Super Rugby scores after all that.

6/17/14 9:30 AM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog - 

The most rudimentary search shows that there are nine threads with 'New Zealand' in their title this year alone.

How embarrassing for you.

Lol @ Rugby

Lol @ New Zealand

England cares so little about the Rugby World Cup that nearly half a million people turned up for a ticker-tape parade celebrating their Rugby heroes.

LOL!

That was less about Rugby and more about

"Oh look, an excuse to get pissed"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.