UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> How badly will England Flame out of the World Cup?

6/6/14 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GaspareBJJ
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami -

Italy usually starts off slow so I could see a draw there.

. Phone Post 3.0
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - The USA has any amazing team this year

lol wut?
Mencken
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup Ali - England's 2014 squad is much better than the 2010 squad

GK: David James, Robert Green, Joe Hart

DF: Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, John Terry, Stephen Warnock, Matthew Upson, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King

MF: Steven Gerrard (C), Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Michael Carrick

FW: Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey

2014:

GK: Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Fraser Forster

DF: Glen Johnson, Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw

MF: Steven Gerrard (C), Jack Wilshere, Frank Lampard, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Ross Barkley

FW: Daniel Sturridge, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Rickie Lambert

Only thing you could say is maybe better is the defense. No Terry and guys like Smalling are there in place for him. Keeper, Midfield and Forward options are better though and England have multiple highly rated young players in that squad so they have their future already ready to make an impact

I hate Terry, but it's undeniable that he's a leader at the back.  Liverpool lacked a loud voice captaining the back four....not sure who England has that would prevent them from having the same problem

6/6/14 1:46 PM
Wesbotron
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad half the team is made up off Man U players n that's coming from a Man U fan Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 1:48 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
Pancake Syrup Ali - England's 2014 squad is much better than the 2010 squad

GK: David James, Robert Green, Joe Hart

DF: Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, John Terry, Stephen Warnock, Matthew Upson, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King

MF: Steven Gerrard (C), Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Michael Carrick

FW: Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey

2014:

GK: Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Fraser Forster

DF: Glen Johnson, Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw

MF: Steven Gerrard (C), Jack Wilshere, Frank Lampard, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Ross Barkley

FW: Daniel Sturridge, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Rickie Lambert

Only thing you could say is maybe better is the defense. No Terry and guys like Smalling are there in place for him. Keeper, Midfield and Forward options are better though and England have multiple highly rated young players in that squad so they have their future already ready to make an impact

I hate Terry, but it's undeniable that he's a leader at the back.  Liverpool lacked a loud voice captaining the back four....not sure who England has that would prevent them from having the same problem

Cahill is terry's CB partner at Chelsea
6/6/14 1:49 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Wesbotron - Bad half the team is made up off Man U players n that's coming from a Man U fan Phone Post 3.0

Only 4 players of the 23 lol
6/6/14 1:50 PM
Mencken
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That doesn't say anything though. Skrtel and Agger both partnered with Carra, yet there was no voice at the back once Carra retired

6/6/14 1:52 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Agger is that tbh he's just had a shit season with injuries not helping. Same thing with Lucas which is why Rodgers moved Gerrard to where he is now at that times instead of after the World Cup
6/6/14 1:54 PM
Poorsport22
1314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the EPL is so strong ....and most of the players are EPL stars ....Id think they'de do well. But they always cast themselves as huge underdogs and underwhelm. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 2:20 PM
Tomato Can
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they can win the group. Suarez is banged up and Uruguay's midfield is of dubious quality. Italy is aging and England's youth-oriented squad may be able to keep a high pace and wear them down.
6/6/14 2:35 PM
Mencken

I think you're forgetting about Balotelli

6/6/14 2:37 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

He's nt been that great this past year for milan i don't think
6/6/14 2:38 PM
Tomato Can
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Balotelli doesn't defend.
6/6/14 2:39 PM
Slobonmynog
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

England will either go out in the group stage or the qtr final imo.

I am English but we are shit! Every time the WC comes along the media hypes up the team adding loads of pressure and they always disappoint.

Ox being out is a massive blow as well.

This tournament won't be particularly successful but I think England will have a real chance in the next one with the young talent they have coming through at the moment. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 3:03 PM
gregbrady
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why is England so bad at soccer?

have you guys considered other sports? the NFL is playing 3 games at Wembley stadium this year.

you should check it out
6/6/14 3:15 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

gregbrady - why is England so bad at soccer?

have you guys considered other sports? the NFL is playing 3 games at Wembley stadium this year.

you should check it out

Handegg?
6/6/14 3:42 PM
BradGluckman
691 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - Lol @ a Yank trying to talk shit to the English about Football. Embarrassing. Phone Post 3.0

Correct Mate England's play has been embarrassing

6/6/14 3:45 PM
Mencken

Sounds like Marco Reus just got injured badly in the friendly.  Already speculation he's done for the WC

6/6/14 3:49 PM
Spurs!_always_breaking_like_andys_leg
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken -

I think you're forgetting about Balotelli

LOL

Italy haven't won in 7 games, they're old, slow and boring Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 3:50 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Mencken - 

Sounds like Marco Reus just got injured badly in the friendly.  Already speculation he's done for the WC

This is why i don't like friendly games vs countries that have nothing to play for.

1 for a warm up is ok but after that you're just asking for someone to get hurt
6/6/14 3:51 PM
BradGluckman
691 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/06/14 3:51 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - I was talking about op but if youre a yank then fuck you too. I hope your teams plane crashes. Phone Post 3.0

LOL TMLT is losing it cause he has come to the realization that the US squad has caught up

6/6/14 3:52 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BradGluckman -
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - Lol @ a Yank trying to talk shit to the English about Football. Embarrassing. Phone Post 3.0

Correct Mate England's play has been embarrassing

You'll be crying into your signed Clint Dempsey shirt when England gets out of their group while the US team fails to win a single game even though the manager and like half the team arent even American. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 3:52 PM
Mencken

Pancake Syrup Ali - 
Mencken - 

This is why i don't like friendly games vs countries that have nothing to play for.

1 for a warm up is ok but after that you're just asking for someone to get hurt

Yah, it's crazy how many injuries come out of these games.  

6/6/14 3:53 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BradGluckman -
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - I was talking about op but if youre a yank then fuck you too. I hope your teams plane crashes. Phone Post 3.0

LOL TMLT is losing it cause he has come to the realization that the US squad has caught up

Please explain in detail how the US has caught up to England. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/14 3:54 PM
olivers army
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an English fan we always seem to fail. I don't have great expectations. As long as we play attacking attractive football I don't really care. Just as long as we don't play negative as hell like we have for thr last 20 odd years. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.