UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Top 10 soccer players at World Cup are...

6/10/14 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mencken
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mjsalmon - Courtois
Neuer
Buffon
Casillas
Howard
Muslera
Hart
Lloris

You're forgetting De Gea.  

6/10/14 11:44 AM
BradGluckman
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcVanBas - greatest moment in English football history,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZK5PpOZOQ

6/10/14 11:45 AM
mjsalmon
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David De Gea and Brad Guzan stick out to me as top goalkeepers that probably will not play. Most countries in this World Cup would be happy to have either of those guys as their #1. Minoulet(sp) as well.
6/10/14 11:53 AM
Mencken
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

De Gea should start over Casillas.  Casillas isn't even #1 at his club, and De Gea was probably the only good thing for United this year

6/10/14 12:41 PM
mjsalmon
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 

De Gea should start over Casillas.  Casillas isn't even #1 at his club, and De Gea was probably the only good thing for United this year

Word!
6/10/14 12:54 PM
BS7671
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Wegele Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:07 PM
NeckCranks
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Ronaldo is a 100% he's the best player in the world going into this WC.
6/10/14 1:10 PM
PhillyFights
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard of literally about 5 or 6 soccer players and that's it. Balotelli and Drogba are two of em....are they not top 10? And what happened to Ronaldinho? Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:13 PM
tapestry
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vincent Kompany is definitely top 10 imo, best centre back in the world. Also Yaya Toure, absolute beast and complete midfielder. As a United fan it's kind of sad to write this haha Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:14 PM
Mencken

PhillyFights - I've heard of literally about 5 or 6 soccer players and that's it. Balotelli and Drogba are two of em....are they not top 10? And what happened to Ronaldinho? Phone Post 3.0

Drogba probably was, but he's older now.  He still plays, but is well into the twilight of his career.  Balotelli is quality, but has serious attitude issues.  Never really know if he's going to be a stud out there or a sulky bitch

Ronaldinho is still decent, but Brazil is pretty deep.  He's not good enough anymore

6/10/14 1:15 PM
KingOfFighters

Iniesta should be number one on that list, he's going to destroy, and eviscerate defenses come the world cup. Phone Post 3.0
ogmonster
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobGotti - Swop Number 1 and 2 around

Messi
Ronaldo

Then in no particular order
David Luiz
Oscar
Ramires
Willian
Lampard
Cahill
Torre
Azpilicueta
Eto’o
Hazard
Courtois
Lukaku
Schurrle
Moses
John Mikel Obi
Essien

Such a clueless list. Phone Post 3.0
CrazyPope
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
rayonyx7 - Some footie tards up in here. Jesus. Mikel? Essein? Eto'o (who I love, but come on son!).

Messi, Chrissy Ronaldo, Iniesta, Neymar, Di Maria, Aguero, Thiago Silva, Robben, Hazzard, and Courtouis. Hazard, Hummels, Mueller, Kroos, Busquets, David Silva, and Mache DM.

No English player is worth a crap.

The Belgians are sleepers. The Dutch are glass and will break. The Italians have nothing.

Might be getting on, be he is still class.

Jesus christ, I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to say Pirlo. VU
Danlosdi
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hazard Phone Post 3.0
Super fly Patty poopskins
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SUAREZ MOTHER FUCKER!!

6/10/14 1:16 PM
Mencken

ogmonster - 

Messi
Ronaldo

David Luiz
Oscar
Ramires
Willian
Lampard
Cahill
Torre
Azpilicueta
Eto’o
Hazard
Courtois
Lukaku
Schurrle
Moses
John Mikel Obi
Essien

Did you not understand the list?  

6/10/14 1:17 PM
CrazyPope
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ogmonster - 

Messi
Ronaldo

David Luiz
Oscar
Ramires
Willian
Lampard
Cahill
Torre
Azpilicueta
Eto’o
Hazard
Courtois
Lukaku
Schurrle
Moses
John Mikel Obi
Essien

I don't think he's serious.... just a Chelsea fan
6/10/14 1:19 PM
KingOfFighters

MarcVanBas - lets face it to win the world cup this year someone needs to knock out brazil, who could Brazil face after the group stage? when would brazil face Argentina?
Have you seen their route to the final? Its full of favorites. If they get to the final it'll be at a great physical cost Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:22 PM
Wenger Touched Me
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dillon66 - 
RobGotti -
dillon66 - I do like these forums but fuck me I hate it when people start football threads. People on here have embarrassing football opinions.

Henderson makes suarez look good?
Rooney is shit?
David Luiz one of the best players in the world?

Jeeeeesus. Phone Post 3.0

Rooney is shit,Henderson is a mong, Suarez is ok

Luiz is brilliant when he plays for Brazil, he sometimes cant be arsed when he plays for Chelsea.
Umm no. Everything you said is the opposite of the truth

Rooney is clearly not "shit"

Henderson is a decent player but more importantly is a very athletic player and not a "mong"

Suarez is a lot better than ok

Luiz is just as wild for brazil as he was for Chelsea Phone Post 3.0

Lol then why have they been scored on twice in the last 10 games. He's lights out for Brazil.
6/10/14 1:23 PM
Wenger Touched Me
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tapestry - Vincent Kompany is definitely top 10 imo, best centre back in the world. Also Yaya Toure, absolute beast and complete midfielder. As a United fan it's kind of sad to write this haha Phone Post 3.0

Kompany #1 center back?

You're going to be excluded from the rest of the conversation.
6/10/14 1:25 PM
Wenger Touched Me

ogmonster - 

Messi
Ronaldo

David Luiz
Oscar
Ramires
Willian
Lampard
Cahill
Torre
Azpilicueta
Eto’o
Hazard
Courtois
Lukaku
Schurrle
Moses
John Mikel Obi
Essien

Hahah went right over your head eh?
6/10/14 1:25 PM
Hoidy10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In terms of the best players at the World Cup then Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Neymar (on Brazil form). The rest is debateable and could be picked from about 30 players going. Rooney would be in there though for me as he has consistantly been one of the best players in the Premiership for about 7-8 years now and as a player brings a lot more to the table than most. 

I'm thinking Griezmann will be one of the players of the tournament if France can manage to put a few results together. His place in the team should hopefully be cemented as Ribery has pulled out - which is a loss to France but a chance for Griezmann to show what he can do. 

I'm tipping Cuadrado (Fiorentina and Colombia) to have a good tournament alongisde James Rodriguez (Monaco and Colombia). I think in terms of injuries Colombia have been hit hard and if they went into the tournament with a fully fit squad they could have been an outsiders bet. They will miss Falcao but have adequate cover. 

It's also a good chance for players like Immobile (if Italy grow a pair of balls and drop Balotelli) , Shaqiri, Rakitic etc to show just how good they are. 

6/10/14 1:30 PM
tapestry
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wenger Touched Me -
tapestry - Vincent Kompany is definitely top 10 imo, best centre back in the world. Also Yaya Toure, absolute beast and complete midfielder. As a United fan it's kind of sad to write this haha Phone Post 3.0

Kompany #1 center back?

You're going to be excluded from the rest of the conversation.
Seriously, how many are better than him? Possibly Thiago Silva that's about it. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:36 PM
Hoidy10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is anyone interested in Fantasy Football? Using the Official one on Fifa.com? I don't mind setting up a league if theres enough interest... 

6/10/14 1:40 PM
steve85uk

Yes. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.