UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta pres: Cyborg dropping, coming for Rousey

6/10/14 12:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

MMA promotion is tough, and at the national stage, it is way tougher. And it is tougher still when you treat fighters right, like Ed Soares's RFA or Shannon Knapp's all female Invicta.

Invicta did three events in 2012, and four in 2013. This year, there was a worrying 0 events.

Then Invicta announced a multi-year deal to stream events through the UFC's Fight Pass, with a show before the end of September.

Knapp appeared on The MMA Hour recently for a wide ranging discussion, including the possibility of a Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg fight, and whether the UFC owns Invicta.

"I get this all the time," said Knapp as transcribed by Shaun Al-Shatti for MMAFighting. "I'm telling you ... hand on the Bible, and I'm very religious, they own nothing. Currently, at this time, I own 100-percent of Invicta.

"It cracks me up. Because everybody is like, oh, ‘UFC does this to her, does this, does that.' You guys, I can't say this enough when I tell you that they have been completely respectful. They have been so courteous and everything. They're not in here ruling with an iron fist, this perception that people have. They want us to succeed.

"Geez, when I first started Invicta and I came up with the idea and I talked to Dana, he was incredibly supportive. He sent me flowers for my first show. They've always been supportive of that vision and wished me well, and to be at this point in time when we can walk hand in hand in that, I look over at them in a very grateful way because with this partnership, they're helping me continue to build this out and continue to fill those commitments and knock down those barriers."

Knapp also discussed Invicta 145 pound champion Cris Santos, who has long campaigned for a shot at UFC 135 pound champion Ronda Rousey.

"I haven't had that opportunity to talk to her, but definitely she has expressed that she wants to go down to 135 and she wants a shot at making her way over there to compete against Ronda," said Knapp. "So in true fashion, I'm going to do everything I can to help her with that.

"We'll see what she wants to do first but I'm all about getting her on this platform and dropping down and documenting that. Sharing that with the fans. Our goal is to give even more content that what we have given in the past, so we'll see what she wants to do, but you know what, we're definitely coming. She's going to make that move and we'll see what happens."

So what do you think UG? Will Ronda Rousey ever fight Cris Santos?

6/10/14 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blah blah blah. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 12:13 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hate the fucking side ads that dont let you read the whole article. fuck.
6/10/14 1:13 PM
QQmoar

Does anyone remember that show on nickalodeon "Pat" where no one knew if Pat was a man or woman.... I cant help but think about that every time I look at Cyborg.
6/10/14 1:18 PM
gokudamus

she better drop soon because rousey is just getting better and is going to smash post-trt cyborg
6/10/14 1:21 PM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So dropping weight and getting used to it in Invicta then coming over to fight Rousey in the UFC. Which was exactly what she was originally offered. Tito sure did a bang up job there.
6/10/14 1:22 PM
QQmoar

post trt cyborg? Women dont go on trt except maybe through menopause.. She was just juicin illegally and got caught
6/10/14 1:22 PM
RyannVonDoom

Cool deal. But the fucktard haters are already here running their dickskinners over the keys, frothing at the mouth at the chance to bash cyborg. Sad. She's dropping to 135... Something you fucktards said she needs to do, and you're still bashing? Unbelievable. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:26 PM
JoeHurley
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So tired of hearing about this crap.  I wish everyone would just let it go.  It's been YEARS of talk with no movement. 

6/10/14 1:28 PM
PrettyBoy
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QQmoar - Does anyone remember that show on nickalodeon "Pat" where no one knew if Pat was a man or woman.... I cant help but think about that every time I look at Cyborg.
That show was called Saturday Night Live and it was a skit. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:29 PM
Dogman

RyannVonDoom - Cool deal. But the fucktard haters are already here running their dickskinners over the keys, frothing at the mouth at the chance to bash cyborg. Sad. She's dropping to 135... Something you fucktards said she needs to do, and you're still bashing? Unbelievable. Phone Post 3.0

THIS!!!
6/10/14 1:34 PM
QQmoar

PrettyBoy - 
QQmoar - Does anyone remember that show on nickalodeon "Pat" where no one knew if Pat was a man or woman.... I cant help but think about that every time I look at Cyborg.
That show was called Saturday Night Live and it was a skit. Phone Post 3.0

was it on snl? i for some reason thought it was on nickalodeon...

thank you!... but the point is still the same.... lol
6/10/14 1:54 PM
RyannVonDoom

JoeHurley -

So tired of hearing about this crap.  I wish everyone would just let it go.  It's been YEARS of talk with no movement. 

Right on que. She's making the drop, the fuck is your deal? Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 1:55 PM
Pitbull3744

easedel - great, just when all cyborg bullshit was gone, she pops up again.

Yeah but not from Ronda or Cris from SHannon who i would believe any day.  

6/10/14 2:01 PM
JoeHurley
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
JoeHurley -

Right on que. She's making the drop, the fuck is your deal? Phone Post 3.0

Calm down tough guy.

6/10/14 2:02 PM
ieswideopen

Rousey and Dana be scared. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 2:03 PM
gokudamus

QQmoar - post trt cyborg? Women dont go on trt except maybe through menopause.. She was just juicin illegally and got caught

same difference
6/10/14 2:04 PM
gokudamus

RyannVonDoom - Cool deal. But the fucktard haters are already here running their dickskinners over the keys, frothing at the mouth at the chance to bash cyborg. Sad. She's dropping to 135... Something you fucktards said she needs to do, and you're still bashing? Unbelievable. Phone Post 3.0

well, previously she said she would die if she dropped to 135, so her deciding to drop down now definitely proves she was full of shit
6/10/14 2:10 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Invicta was independent?

6/10/14 2:12 PM
Pitbull3744

gokudamus - 

well, previously she said she would die if she dropped to 135, so her deciding to drop down now definitely proves she was full of shit

I believe Tito was coaxing her into saying that shit.  

6/10/14 2:18 PM
58miles
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus - 

Kind of like when Rousey claimed their was not a chance in hell
she could ever make 135 and less than a year later she was fighting Miesha Tate for the 135lb title (ahead of Sarah Kaufman btw). Despite having a clear shot at the 145lb title.
6/10/14 2:19 PM
BRZ

Macedawgg -

I thought Invicta was independent?

They are Phone Post 3.0
6/10/14 2:21 PM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC co-promoting this bout with Invicta?

6/10/14 2:22 PM
Phil999

DJmixmasterMobbie - i hate the fucking side ads that dont let you read the whole article. fuck.

It totally sucks.

6/10/14 2:34 PM
Hired Gun
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Upon hearing the news Ronda is trying to decide if she wants to retire or drop to 125lbs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.