UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official 2014 Football World Cup Thread

6/12/14 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lionsoul
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - Fucking Brazil, man... Phone Post 3.0
Yay or nay? Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 9:32 PM
Kostakio
601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't really impressed and I think that they were lucky to have came away with the win. Heads should be rolling right now! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 9:37 PM
lionsoul
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - I wasn't really impressed and I think that they were lucky to have came away with the win. Heads should be rolling right now! Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. But it is still the group stage. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:06 PM
Fedoral Crime
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mg Phone Post 3.0
6/12/14 11:13 PM
Fedoral Crime
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - I wasn't really impressed and I think that they were lucky to have came away with the win. Heads should be rolling right now! Phone Post 3.0
They were incredibly lucky to win. No way was that a penno and they were hard done by near the end when that goal was disallowed. Ollic didn't do anything wrong IMO.

Oscar was great though and they just got their hardest game out of the way so I'd expect them to look much better in their next games. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 12:45 AM
clattymine
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They weren't lucky to win. Croatia didn't score a goal, that wasn't by luck. By all means Brazil should have dominated, and they just didn't. But to say they got lucky is a stretch. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:55 AM
Fedoral Crime

clattymine - They weren't lucky to win. Croatia didn't score a goal, that wasn't by luck. By all means Brazil should have dominated, and they just didn't. But to say they got lucky is a stretch. Phone Post 3.0
You're right lucky was a bad choice of words but they were very fortunate with a couple of big decisions.

There's no doubt that Brazil were the better team but if they didn't get that penalty who knows what could've happened. That free towards the end against Ollic looked very soft too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ref was given instructions by FIFA to favor Brazil due to the protests that have been going on. I know people might think that's a bit of a stretch but could you imagine the riots if Brazil go out at the group stages after all of the money thats been spent?

Even the coin toss from that ref looked suspect! Usually refs let the coin fall on the pitch but he caught it very quickly. Not sure if Brazil won it though. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:59 AM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clattymine - They weren't lucky to win. Croatia didn't score a goal, that wasn't by luck. By all means Brazil should have dominated, and they just didn't. But to say they got lucky is a stretch. Phone Post 3.0
That goal looked like it was going in with or without marcellos help.

Brazil did get lucky and Croatia was robbed of their second goal. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:11 AM
Rloughlin03
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexico - Cameroon - mexico 1-0

Spain - Holland - think this will be a score draw

Chile - Australia - Chile by two or more

Brazil were okay. What stood out was the lack of some of the free flowing football they are famous for. But three points and on to the next games.

I thought Julio Cesar was poor. Fumbling relatively easy shots, poor for the disallowed goal and what seemed like a lack of authority. His next to no game time really showed. I would think he gets better as the tournament progresses, he is usually sound.
I thought Oscar was average. Numerous times he gave the ball away whilst dribbling. He took his goal well. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:16 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexico/Cameroon draw, Spain beat Netherlands, Chile beat the Aussies.

6/13/14 3:21 AM
shin2chin
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexico

Spain

Chile
6/13/14 3:45 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexico

Draw

Chile

6/13/14 3:57 AM
idsmashit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disgusting ref last night... well done Croatia. England 3 Italy 1 can't wait
6/13/14 7:16 AM
lionsoul

idsmashit - Disgusting ref last night... well done Croatia. England 3 Italy 1 can't wait
Score 3 against Italy?

Really? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:18 AM
Kostakio
601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha Yeah, as if.
6/13/14 9:30 AM
lionsoul

Surprised how many are picking Mexico.

While Cameroon certainly is a mediocre team, Mexico sucked ass in the qualifying.

Mexico are unpredictable - so who knows. May be easier to adjust to S america from mexico than Africa. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 9:34 AM
lionsoul

lionsoul - Who you got for tomorrow?

Mexico - Cameroon

Spain - Holland

Chile - Australia

I got:
- Tie between Mexico-Cameroon
- Spain over Holland
- Chile over Australia Phone Post 3.0
Who do you guys got today? By what amount?

Mexico - 1
Cameroon - 1

Spain - 1
Netherlands - 0

Chile - 3
Australia - 1 Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 9:50 AM
Tomato Can
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cameroon have some talented players but they always seem to suck somehow. They weren't even in the last AFCON tournament because they shit the bed against Cape Verde in the qualifiers. They had a really easy road to WC qualification as well. Mexico is on a bit of an upswing since they got their new coach and I think they'll win today.
6/13/14 10:56 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cameroon 2-0
Spain 2-0
Chile 5-1
6/13/14 11:12 AM
lionsoul

Tomato Can - Cameroon have some talented players but they always seem to suck somehow. They weren't even in the last AFCON tournament because they shit the bed against Cape Verde in the qualifiers. They had a really easy road to WC qualification as well. Mexico is on a bit of an upswing since they got their new coach and I think they'll win today.
Yeah... We shall see... Mexico has (for the last couple cups) been able to get out of the group stage. They will need to beat Cameroon.., because it won't get any easier... Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 11:15 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow For President - I'm picking Mexico for the Spanish commentators!!! Phone Post 3.0

You mean the Mexican commentators?
6/13/14 11:16 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I reckon Chile will get out of that group instead of the Netherlands tbh.

6/13/14 11:17 AM
lionsoul

Pancake Syrup Ali - Cameroon 2-0
Spain 2-0
Chile 5-1
Wow - someone doesn't like Australia Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 11:20 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali

lionsoul - 
Pancake Syrup Ali - Cameroon 2-0
Spain 2-0
Chile 5-1
Wow - someone doesn't like Australia Phone Post 3.0

haha i like the aussies most of the time. Chile are the 2nd best team in the group and sadly for them Australia will be the punching bag of the group
6/13/14 11:20 AM
lionsoul

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -

I reckon Chile will get out of that group instead of the Netherlands tbh.

Meh... The Dutch almost always step it up in the WC... Even when they suck in qualifying.

Plus - Chile has an abysmal defense.

2 things going for Chile:
- playing in S. America
- offensive juggernaut Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.