UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Tired Of Stay-At-Home Moms.....

6/10/14 10:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kingofpancakes80
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just saw this shared on my fb wall and thought of this thread. i'm not trying to make a statement, just passing it along.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bunmi-laditan/5-minutes-in-a-moms-head_b_5445948.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037
6/10/14 10:35 PM
DeathByTriangle
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jhay - 
cnc_paul - 
Jhay -
cnc_paul - Sorry I don't agree. Just because you don't earn an income doesn't mean it's not a job. Phone Post 3.0

Getting paid for it is exactly what the definition of a job is

job1 [job] Show IPA
noun
a piece of work, especially a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price: She gave him the job of mowing the lawn.
Well I guess you got me. All I'm saying is try it sometime. Maybe your view would change. Phone Post 3.0

Well I have actual aspirations in life, so i'm not going to be a stay at home mom. I'm sure it's harder than some actual jobs, but the majority of jobs are harder than being a stay at home mom.

You'd be surprised how many people aspire to be parents and totally fuck it up...

6/10/14 10:44 PM
CDarwin
796 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 or 2 kids is easy. I've done it.

It's an ideological thing for many. Putting stay at home moms on a pedestal is a way to argue a case. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 1:48 AM
TopGrinder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck that noize. I got two young kids. I rather work in a coal mine. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 1:59 AM
Gymrat209

Bullshit most women put on fucking cartoons and go jerk off the mail man these days feedem some fast food so they don't have to even cook shit. Taking care of a kid the right way would be worse than a normal 9-5 but lets face it most are not taking care of a kid to standards that are respectable i.e. teaching your kid something new and educational almost every day.
6/11/14 2:14 AM
UGCTTNpNe
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have two boys 6 and 5, oldest is disabled and a two year old daughter. Rather be home all day then be at work. Its not a job. It rocks. If that's not the case your doing it wrong. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:17 AM
tf1
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloversFaultyMouthpiece - Complaining that their day is so hard. I've been at home with a baby, and it is WAY EASIER then having a job with an income.... If being a stay at home mom is so tough, get a damn job and hire a nanny. Seriously. You change diapers, feed, and love a person whom you have a biological predisposition to love. Don't talk about it being the hardest job ever.... Try coal mining. It is not a job... You earn no income for it, so it is NOT a form of employment. Phone Post 3.0
I agree. And also - get the fuck off Facebook if you're so busy raising your kid. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:22 AM
Moaozinho

Black Belt, Lotus Club BJJ
Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:22 AM
tf1
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tired of women having the hardest job in the world. We get it. You're a god damned amazing being. How much praise do you want? Get the fuck over yourself. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:24 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

CDarwin - 1 or 2 kids is easy. I've done it.

It's an ideological thing for many. Putting stay at home moms on a pedestal is a way to argue a case. Phone Post 3.0

Ideological is right. It's a shame more people don't read Ayn Rand and wake up to how overrated and limiting these traditional kind of family obligations are.
6/11/14 4:42 AM
NorthernHospitality
1349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mjeezy - In before DBT haha Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 4:44 AM
NorthernHospitality
1349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeathByTriangle -
mjeezy - In before DBT haha Phone Post 3.0

I don't even have the fucking energy right now...

trying to enjoy this next 15 minutes before I have to pump my bewbs. 

Im beat

#stayathomemomduringtheweek #careermomontheweekends

Voted up! Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 7:29 AM
DeathByTriangle
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobGotti - It's not difficult, but it is draining.

I am a single Dad with a 3.5 yr old son and a 7 month old daughter, I run my own business from home.

My son goes off to day care and I look after my daughter in between working during the day and catching up at night.
My missus left saying she couldn't handle it, I just think some women have been so pampered and Molly coddled all their lives, as soon as it gets a bit tough they cannot handle it and bail.

It's draining, but it's never a burden, I get to see my kids grow up right in front of me, I have all the time in the world to spend with them, get to take my son to football and watch him run around and when he is at school in the day, I get to work and in between look after my gorgeous daughter.

That's what it is by "difficult". The draining aspect. The only other job I can compare it to is being a full time caregiver for a bed bound adult with high medical needs that still eats by mouth and needs to be fed and toileted. Draining as fuck having to be responsible for literally every aspect of another persons life. I think ppl that think its a breeze are doing a shitty job (fast food, too much tv, never doing good hygiene, never putting in quality time/teaching, etc...) put those things in and it's draining. It's great and worth it if the ppl around you are supportive. But the 1 consistency I see among the complaints of stay-at-home moms is the lack of respect for their position in the family. May not be bringing in income but quite literally save thousands a year in childcare expense (daycare for 2 children will cost us $20,000/year... 20 fucking thousand... Not to mention stay-at-home moms tend to budget well as its not always grab n go. But an unsupportive significant other will routinely bring up how they are the breadwinner and either directly or indirectly place other roles on the stay-at-home parent that a perfectly capable adult can and should do themselves (throwing their trash in the garbage, putting their dirty dishware away after use, putting dirty laundry In appropriate place, and basically picking up after their messes. It's hard enough keeping up with the messes of young children but uberly frustrating when you have to walk behind and entitled able-bodied adult). Then the biggest thing of all... The breadwinner/working spouse coming in and fucking up a routine. Seems insignificant but probably the biggest complaint of stay at homers. It's equivalent to someone coming into your work and throwing all the papers off the desk to the ground of a project that you've been working on for months and got it perfect. That asshole that scrambles the papers of a finished project is the workin spouse coming home and doing what they want and not following the rules layed out by the home parent (which not only should be followed out of respect, but because children thrive on routine. And to jack shit up creates a harder work day for the homer).

So, it's not rocket science hard, it's mentally draining hard, which can FEEL physical when there's never a break allowed or support given.

6/11/14 7:45 AM
esque
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sadic1 - My wife raises and homeschools 6 kids, including one with special needs. It's a lot harder than my job. Most women these days have 1 or 2 kids, send them to daycare, then school, and act like they are dying, though.
And you don't even toss her salad. Shameful. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 7:49 AM
Mattapooh
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife stays home with our 4 and 2 year olds and she never stops, she's a phenomenal mom and keeps the house spotless. I'd never be able to do what she does, she's the tops.
6/11/14 8:36 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it is a tough job. but is it any harder than getting up at 5 am, getting out in the freezing cold to drive to work, knowing your not coming for the next 12 hrs, work someplace without the comfort of things you have at home, deal with shitty co-workers and mean bosses, plus rush hour traffic and have ZERO rest/nap times while your bosses are watching cartoons or are at school, only to get home and hear how hard the wife has it like you didnt do shit but apparently sit at Great America and ride roller coasters all day?

THATS When it becomes a problem!
6/11/14 8:41 AM
Al Cappucino
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zanzoken - Watching kids is definitely not easy, but it ain't breaking rocks out in the hot sun all day either.

I think most people probably think their jobs are harder than they actually are.

Are you a Southern Prisoner on a Chain Gang? Because that's not really a 'job' per se.
6/11/14 8:47 AM
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeathByTriangle - 

I am a single Dad with a 3.5 yr old son and a 7 month old daughter, I run my own business from home.

My son goes off to day care and I look after my daughter in between working during the day and catching up at night.
My missus left saying she couldn't handle it, I just think some women have been so pampered and Molly coddled all their lives, as soon as it gets a bit tough they cannot handle it and bail.

It's draining, but it's never a burden, I get to see my kids grow up right in front of me, I have all the time in the world to spend with them, get to take my son to football and watch him run around and when he is at school in the day, I get to work and in between look after my gorgeous daughter.

That's what it is by "difficult". The draining aspect. The only other job I can compare it to is being a full time caregiver for a bed bound adult with high medical needs that still eats by mouth and needs to be fed and toileted. Draining as fuck having to be responsible for literally every aspect of another persons life. I think ppl that think its a breeze are doing a shitty job (fast food, too much tv, never doing good hygiene, never putting in quality time/teaching, etc...) put those things in and it's draining. It's great and worth it if the ppl around you are supportive. But the 1 consistency I see among the complaints of stay-at-home moms is the lack of respect for their position in the family. May not be bringing in income but quite literally save thousands a year in childcare expense (daycare for 2 children will cost us $20,000/year... 20 fucking thousand... Not to mention stay-at-home moms tend to budget well as its not always grab n go. But an unsupportive significant other will routinely bring up how they are the breadwinner and either directly or indirectly place other roles on the stay-at-home parent that a perfectly capable adult can and should do themselves (throwing their trash in the garbage, putting their dirty dishware away after use, putting dirty laundry In appropriate place, and basically picking up after their messes. It's hard enough keeping up with the messes of young children but uberly frustrating when you have to walk behind and entitled able-bodied adult). Then the biggest thing of all... The breadwinner/working spouse coming in and fucking up a routine. Seems insignificant but probably the biggest complaint of stay at homers. It's equivalent to someone coming into your work and throwing all the papers off the desk to the ground of a project that you've been working on for months and got it perfect. That asshole that scrambles the papers of a finished project is the workin spouse coming home and doing what they want and not following the rules layed out by the home parent (which not only should be followed out of respect, but because children thrive on routine. And to jack shit up creates a harder work day for the homer).

So, it's not rocket science hard, it's mentally draining hard, which can FEEL physical when there's never a break allowed or support given.

and to be fair, that asshole has to deal with rules and routines all day at the required paid job he has no choice but to do to provide a home and place for stay at home moms to even have a house, life or means to do their job. and MANY Men get hardly any or ZERO thanks for what hey do. LOTS of women think the men just go out the door and come in the door later and somehow they have a house and bills paid and food on the table. like life is just automatic for the working man.

I know, my mother & Sister are this way as well. My mom has ALWAYS Said she worked the hardest and no one could even get a word in about their rough day compared to hers. UNTIL one day there were no kids to raise and bills were piling up and she had to work 5-6 hrs a day as a lunch lady at the school.

and Somehow that job WAS THEE ABSOLUTE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD compared to any one elses jobs.

6/11/14 8:48 AM
DeathByTriangle

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - it is a tough job. but is it any harder than getting up at 5 am, getting out in the freezing cold to drive to work, knowing your not coming for the next 12 hrs, work someplace without the comfort of things you have at home, deal with shitty co-workers and mean bosses, plus rush hour traffic and have ZERO rest/nap times while your bosses are watching cartoons or are at school, only to get home and hear how hard the wife has it like you didnt do shit but apparently sit at Great America and ride roller coasters all day?

Meh. I still say parenting young children is still more demanding than any 12hr shift I work. Wake up at 5 for work? Wake up at 6 with kids (plus when they wake at night). Stuck in rush hour at work... Sit abd quietly be with your own thoughts, listen to radio, make uninterrupted phone calls.. Pee, poop, EAT, uninterrupted. Heck, shower.

6/11/14 8:51 AM
DeathByTriangle

Edited: 06/11/14 8:58 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
DeathByTriangle - 

and to be fair, that asshole has to deal with rules and routines all day at the required paid job he has no choice but to do to provide a home and place for stay at home moms to even have a house, life or means to do their job. and MANY Men get hardly any or ZERO thanks for what hey do. LOTS of women think the men just go out the door and come in the door later and somehow they have a house and bills paid and food on the table. like life is just automatic for the working man.

I know, my mother & Sister are this way as well. My mom has ALWAYS Said she worked the hardest and no one could even get a word in about their rough day compared to hers. UNTIL one day there were no kids to raise and bills were piling up and she had to work 5-6 hrs a day as a lunch lady at the school.

and Somehow that job WAS THEE ABSOLUTE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD compared to any one elses jobs.

Following rules is part of being an adult. Deal with it. Doesn't mean you come home and fuck shit up. Ppl are more courteous to PAID HOUSEKEEPERS. Having rules at work is no excuse for shitty behavior at home.

Perhaps your mom just likes to complain

6/11/14 8:54 AM
DeathByTriangle

I OG while I breastfeed or shit.

6/11/14 8:55 AM
kkmmnn
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cnc_paul - Let's just see when it's not a baby anymore. Running around rubbing shit all over the walls, and you don't get 5 sec of time to yourself. Honestly I don't know how my wife does it. I wouldn't or couldn't do her job. I applaud anyone who gives up their job to raise children.
Just my two cents. Phone Post 3.0
Kinda doubt it... Sorry but if I made my wife go out and do the type of physical labor I do for a living so that I could be a stay at home father the situation would have every fem/lib apologizer seething with rage

I cherish the time I get to spend with my daughter and would never come close to considering it as a burden/job, and woman do mean burden when they say job

I appreciate everything my wife does for the family, but being a stay at home parent is a blessing that is not afforded for everyone. Any parent that gets to do what they want with their family day in and day out should be considered blessed Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 9:16 AM

DeathByTriangle - 
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - it is a tough job. but is it any harder than getting up at 5 am, getting out in the freezing cold to drive to work, knowing your not coming for the next 12 hrs, work someplace without the comfort of things you have at home, deal with shitty co-workers and mean bosses, plus rush hour traffic and have ZERO rest/nap times while your bosses are watching cartoons or are at school, only to get home and hear how hard the wife has it like you didnt do shit but apparently sit at Great America and ride roller coasters all day?

Meh. I still say parenting young children is still more demanding than any 12hr shift I work. Wake up at 5 for work? Wake up at 6 with kids (plus when they wake at night). Stuck in rush hour at work... Sit abd quietly be with your own thoughts, listen to radio, make uninterrupted phone calls.. Pee, poop, EAT, uninterrupted. Heck, shower.

sorry, sounds like my mom. any other job = meh, MINE is THE TOUGHEST BY FAR!

lol, rush hour (or driving) isnt just traffic, its also dealing with assholes and near accidents all the time.

stressed out at home with the kids, meh put on some cartoons for them and sit quietly with your thoughts in the other room.

see how easy it is to make light of it!
6/11/14 9:31 AM
sadic1
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's impossible and illogical to say that being s stay at home is the hardest job. What job is the hardest is subjective and a matter of individual circumstance. In my wife's case, I actually think what she does with our 6 kids is harder than breaking rocks all day. It's physically backbreaking, but again, that's just our specific circumstances because she is raising 5 normal kids plus our 3 year old who can't crawl or walk yet who basically gets carried around from one therapeutic exercise to the next all day. She's like a freaking saint. And in general, one thing I don't know that working people can fully appreciate is that staying at home with kids is a job that just never really stops or takes a break. Kids have to eat, shit, and learn every day, regardless of how you are feeling or what you think you "need" for other forms of personal fulfillment, and I think that can wear people down.

But the truth is, regardless of how easy or hard, being a stay at home mom is the most important and impactful job there is in terms of it's positive and negative potential impact on society at large. Anyone who thinks their professional career is more important or meaningful than that are fooling themselves. Forming close, loving attachments with family members and the resulting ability to perceive and process emotions is a key element and indicator of long term emotional health and prosperity. Offloading the caregiving role to a professional service staffed by strangers means that the values and modes of emotional relationship your kid is learning are those of a stranger, not you. If I wanted my kids to embody the values and behaviors of a stranger who is working for not so much money chasing other people's kids around, I'd have married them instead.
6/11/14 9:33 AM
DeathByTriangle

kkmmnn - 
cnc_paul - Let's just see when it's not a baby anymore. Running around rubbing shit all over the walls, and you don't get 5 sec of time to yourself. Honestly I don't know how my wife does it. I wouldn't or couldn't do her job. I applaud anyone who gives up their job to raise children.
Just my two cents. Phone Post 3.0
Kinda doubt it... Sorry but if I made my wife go out and do the type of physical labor I do for a living so that I could be a stay at home father the situation would have every fem/lib apologizer seething with rage

I cherish the time I get to spend with my daughter and would never come close to considering it as a burden/job, and woman do mean burden when they say job

I appreciate everything my wife does for the family, but being a stay at home parent is a blessing that is not afforded for everyone. Any parent that gets to do what they want with their family day in and day out should be considered blessed Phone Post 3.0

I agree. Families that can do it because they want to truly are blessed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.