UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Tired Of Stay-At-Home Moms.....

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/11/14 2:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HAWKZILLA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather work Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:15 PM
DYS
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ones who complain about being a mother probably should've swallowed so there kids wouldn't be such a burden. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:15 PM
DYS
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I'd rather go to work all day long Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 3:26 PM
jasonhightower
815 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DougWilson - i could stand a mom staying home while the kid is young, but she better get a job when the kid starts school. no reason to be a stay at home mom once the kids are in school.

Good god, this.  I even see it for some women who have college degrees.  Drives me nuts to think how they waste their day away. 

I have seen some exceptions to this rule with women who lead very active, volunteer efforts.

6/11/14 3:43 PM
PatK
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Working and having to deal with a never ending stream of assholes is draining. I do that on a daily basis.

If your kids are draining you so much that you feel the need to proclaim being your job as a stay at home mom is the most difficult job ever, your kids are assholes.

6/11/14 3:53 PM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatK -

Working and having to deal with a never ending stream of assholes is draining. I do that on a daily basis.

If your kids are draining you so much that you feel the need to proclaim being your job as a stay at home mom is the most difficult job ever, your kids are assholes.

This.

And no one ever died from changing a diaper and organizing a play date at the zoo.

However, workers die every day in coal mines, truck accidents, plant explosions, fires and accidents.

Mark Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 4:26 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JUST LOL..........BILL BURR SAID IT BEST..........WOMEN ARE CONSTANTLY PATTING THEMSELVES ON THE BACK FOR THAT SHIT AND WE DON'T CORRECT THEM BECAUSE WE WANT TO FUCK THEM..............

6/11/14 4:49 PM
kanotoa
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloversFaultyMouthpiece - Complaining that their day is so hard. I've been at home with a baby, and it is WAY EASIER then having a job with an income.... If being a stay at home mom is so tough, get a damn job and hire a nanny. Seriously. You change diapers, feed, and love a person whom you have a biological predisposition to love. Don't talk about it being the hardest job ever.... Try coal mining. It is not a job... You earn no income for it, so it is NOT a form of employment. Phone Post 3.0
Id rather dig ditches all day thsn have a stay at home moms job (a mom that does it right).

I was a stay at home dad on my days off and I looked forward to going to work. I loved my kids but it isnt an easy job. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 5:13 PM
DeathByTriangle
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oldnslow - I know you're joking but trust me, I feel the pressure.

The first month I'm with him (July) we will focus on learning the finer points of international soccer play through watching the World Cup... at the pub. That's good parenting, right?

Superb... Depending which team you're rooting for

6/11/14 5:17 PM
invalid
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having babysat my nephew at ages between 8 months and 3, I'll take the day at work every time lol. Fuck that, it's constant
6/11/14 5:26 PM
DeathByTriangle
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DougWilson - i could stand a mom staying home while the kid is young, but she better get a job when the kid starts school. no reason to be a stay at home mom once the kids are in school.

Actually.. Having 1 patent home tending to the needs that run the household allow for maximal freetime for everyone at the end of the day with minimal conflict. Grocery shopping always done, meals cooked, cleaning, etc... Kids sick or doctor appt, no need to take time off from work.  No these things are all done during the day so in the evening parents can spend time on their own interests as well as those of the kids. No afterschool programs or scrambling to figure out who is gonna get lil Johnny from the bus stop at 3:00 cuz both parents still at work, etc...

6/11/14 5:31 PM
KingOfFighters

My friends wife is like that, co.plains how hard her job is as a mom lol. He takes the kids to school in the morning, she wakes up at noon, and picks the kiss up from school. He gets home around 6-7 and wants attention, and to be rubbed because of her hard day being so hard. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 5:31 PM
crazyea
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloversFaultyMouthpiece - Complaining that their day is so hard. I've been at home with a baby, and it is WAY EASIER then having a job with an income.... If being a stay at home mom is so tough, get a damn job and hire a nanny. Seriously. You change diapers, feed, and love a person whom you have a biological predisposition to love. Don't talk about it being the hardest job ever.... Try coal mining. It is not a job... You earn no income for it, so it is NOT a form of employment. Phone Post 3.0
Staying home is tough if you raise the kid, do all the chores, and then you don't get a break when the other parent comes home.

If you sit in front of the TV, ignoring your child, then I may agree with you. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 5:58 PM
Tam700
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm currently a stay at home mom and while I don't necessarily think it's the "hardest job in the world" I do agree with a lot of the previous posters (especially DeathByTriangle) in that it CAN be draining/difficult. Our son is almost two and while I have easy days where he sleeps great, eats what I make, and is easy to entertain with activities and what not; I also have difficult days where he doesn't sleep, doesn't want to eat, and won't leave my side crying because he's discontent (from the lack of sleep, because he's sick, teething, etc). I think the difficult part comes in that you don't always know what kind of day it will be (and maybe you had plans that day that now go out the window), that on the bad days it can be constant unless you're lucky enough to figure out what's wrong, and that it's all day (you can't mentally check out). Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 6:19 PM
DeathByTriangle

I'm a stay at homer during the week, and career on the weekend.

Staying at home with the kiddos is great because you know the care they are getting, the attention, etc.. You don't miss a moment. Don't take work days for appts, save a shit ton on daycare costs,

but the satisfying thing about work is the mental challenge, reward, and interaction with other adult people... All of that you don't get being a stay at homer and can dive you fucking nuts. The duties of a stay at homer are not rocket science, don't require an education , and is common sense (that why I consider ppl that do fuck it up to be defective). But the only reward is how well your kids are doing, which is great. 

But it's mindless work sometimes "wash, rinse, repeat" type shit and that's the draining part. It's mindless task that require no talent. 

At work you get paid, get feedback from coworkers and bosses, you gt to talk to other adults, you have projects you can complete. Etc...

6/11/14 6:33 PM
GloversFaultyMouthpiece
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazyea -
Staying home is tough if you raise the kid, do all the chores, and then you don't get a break when the other parent comes home.

If you sit in front of the TV, ignoring your child, then I may agree with you. Phone Post 3.0
Break? So let me get this straight. Of a man or woman chooses to be the stay at home person, when their spouse gets home from an actual job, the spouse should give the stay at home parent a break? Should the spouse do 1/2 the night feelings as well? Split all parenting duties while at home AND give the stay at home parent a break while the spouse is also working a full time job- sometimes 2 jobs to make ends meet? That sounds crazy to me. I love my son, but if my wife chooses to stay at home all day, the house should be spotless, dinner should be made, and I should also get a "break" when my work day is done. Do you disagree? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 6:35 PM
GloversFaultyMouthpiece
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tam700 - I'm currently a stay at home mom and while I don't necessarily think it's the "hardest job in the world" I do agree with a lot of the previous posters (especially DeathByTriangle) in that it CAN be draining/difficult. Our son is almost two and while I have easy days where he sleeps great, eats what I make, and is easy to entertain with activities and what not; I also have difficult days where he doesn't sleep, doesn't want to eat, and won't leave my side crying because he's discontent (from the lack of sleep, because he's sick, teething, etc). I think the difficult part comes in that you don't always know what kind of day it will be (and maybe you had plans that day that now go out the window), that on the bad days it can be constant unless you're lucky enough to figure out what's wrong, and that it's all day (you can't mentally check out). Phone Post 3.0
Being with an infant is tough. I recognize that and I respect anyone who does it. The problem is, as someone stated earlier, being a parent is a responsibility, not an occupation. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 6:36 PM
Mencken
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

During the day, they're both "working".  On getting home, split the child duties.  I don't think anyone should get (or want) a total pass from parenting responsibilities 

6/11/14 6:40 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jasonhightower -

Good god, this.  I even see it for some women who have college degrees.  Drives me nuts to think how they waste their day away. 

I have seen some exceptions to this rule with women who lead very active, volunteer efforts.

My mom was a stay at home mom

It was fucking awesome

Lunch and dinner every night, everything is clean. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 6:52 PM
rpgmaster

Yes, that's called my day off. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 7:34 PM
Tam700
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GloversFaultyMouthpiece -
Tam700 - I'm currently a stay at home mom and while I don't necessarily think it's the "hardest job in the world" I do agree with a lot of the previous posters (especially DeathByTriangle) in that it CAN be draining/difficult. Our son is almost two and while I have easy days where he sleeps great, eats what I make, and is easy to entertain with activities and what not; I also have difficult days where he doesn't sleep, doesn't want to eat, and won't leave my side crying because he's discontent (from the lack of sleep, because he's sick, teething, etc). I think the difficult part comes in that you don't always know what kind of day it will be (and maybe you had plans that day that now go out the window), that on the bad days it can be constant unless you're lucky enough to figure out what's wrong, and that it's all day (you can't mentally check out). Phone Post 3.0
Being with an infant is tough. I recognize that and I respect anyone who does it. The problem is, as someone stated earlier, being a parent is a responsibility, not an occupation. Phone Post 3.0
I agree it's not an occupation but that wasn't your only original statement. You stated it was "WAY EASIER than having a job with an income" which I would disagree with. Just as there are harder jobs, there are some jobs that are easier ("would you like fries with that?" for example). I would also add that calling it a "responsibility" is a difference without distinction. It's also a "responsibility" to have an occupation but that doesn't make your occupation any easier either. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 7:45 PM
GloversFaultyMouthpiece

Tam700 -
GloversFaultyMouthpiece -
I agree it's not an occupation but that wasn't your only original statement. You stated it was "WAY EASIER than having a job with an income" which I would disagree with. Just as there are harder jobs, there are some jobs that are easier ("would you like fries with that?" for example). I would also add that calling it a "responsibility" is a difference without distinction. It's also a "responsibility" to have an occupation but that doesn't make your occupation any easier either. Phone Post 3.0
I get what you are saying. I really do. The thing is, when I leave work, I do not walk into my house and complain about how hard my day was. The thing is, many stay at home moms feel as if their daily tasks are far MORE difficult then a regular job. Even flipping burgers requires effort and energy in this day and age. I think being a parent is the most important responsibility any adult can have; however, I do not see it as a job. A job is something you do for money or other form of compensation. A person becomes a parent of their own volition and should not have any expectation of payback for it. You do for your kids because you want to- not to give yourself a free pass from financially contributing to your family unit. Not to give yourself a reason to complain about life at the end of the day. That is simply ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:04 PM
koston
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mattapooh - My wife stays home with our 4 and 2 year olds and she never stops, she's a phenomenal mom and keeps the house spotless. I'd never be able to do what she does, she's the tops.

quite impressive. sounds like she could be easily replaced by an immigrant with no education.
6/11/14 8:14 PM
Abrtitans

#yesallwomen

How dare you challenge a female?

Just kidding. But yeah I think the OG knows this. Good stuff though, now take this to your local townhall Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 11:03 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess it depends on the kid(s). If you have well behaved ones or lil monsters. My son was a breeze to take care of. I use ti be a sele employed computer tech and I worked from home so I got to spend a lot of time with my kid as he grew from 3-6 yrs .

But I have become a scaffold builder and have work about 2hrs away from home and only get to go home on weekends if we a working 40 hrs and twice a month when we go in to turnarounds and work 7/12.

Now I see how much I miss out on. Every time I go back it's like he bigger and older and not my little buddy no more. They grow up so fast, and there only small for a lil bit before they get big and are to cool to hang out with there dad. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.