UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Bizarre workplace problem

6/11/14 7:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manager had me interview a replacement for an employee he hadn't been getting along with. The replacement is relocating from another state specifically for this job. We'd kept this secret so the employee wouldn't quit early.

Owners ditch manager in the interim. The have no issues with the original employee. Manager sabotages company data on the way out, & won't cooperate at any level.

I'm the only one left who has even met the replacement, & I don't have any contact info. At the end of the month, this guy's gonna show up with a dream & an empty wallet, with no job on arrival.

Wat do?
6/11/14 7:59 AM
KidPittsburgh
1116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punt and play defense
6/11/14 8:00 AM
SMOKING MANHOLE
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like the original manager is in a world of trouble.

Have you told new management the situation in full so that you can save the employee from moving? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:01 AM
HKShooter
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been in your position. Maybe you call the terminated manager and ask for the guys contact. If nothing else, at least he might provide you with a name.

Was the new hire given a written employment offer? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:04 AM
Evil Ash
2037 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLAD takes the open manager position

Existing employee moves into BLADs position

New employee gets the job he was promised Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:05 AM
Evil Ash
2037 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would that work? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:05 AM
BarkLikeADog

"Maybe you call the terminated manager and ask for the guys contact."

see: "Manager sabotages company data on the way out, & won't cooperate at any level."
6/11/14 8:08 AM
BarkLikeADog

"Sounds like the original manager is in a world of trouble."

Yes, it's wicked ugly.

"Have you told new management the situation in full so that you can save the employee from moving? "

See: "I'm the only one left who has even met the replacement, & I don't have any contact info."
6/11/14 8:10 AM
banco

Going postal, in American English slang, means becoming extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence, and usually in a workplace environment.
6/11/14 8:12 AM
BarkLikeADog

"BLAD takes the open manager position...Existing employee moves into BLADs position"

I'm an independent contractor. No way would I leave my business to go manage a company in turmoil.
6/11/14 8:13 AM
MDubya
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See: "BLAD takes the open manager position

Existing employee moves into BLADs position

New employee gets the job he was promised" Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:16 AM
Evil Ash

BarkLikeADog - "BLAD takes the open manager position...Existing employee moves into BLADs position"

I'm an independent contractor. No way would I leave my business to go manage a company in turmoil.
I see. Well that's all I can come up with. Kinda glad I didn't get a "refer to text" type reply at least, lol. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:17 AM
SMOKING MANHOLE
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BarkLikeADog - "Sounds like the original manager is in a world of trouble."

Yes, it's wicked ugly.

"Have you told new management the situation in full so that you can save the employee from moving? "

See: "I'm the only one left who has even met the replacement, & I don't have any contact info."
So why haven't you told new management about the whole ordeal in full.

It would suck to send out a mass email to management company wide but maybe that's what it'll take to help keep the new guy from being destroyed.

Do you know if the other locations manager is aware that he had an employee leaving to go to another location? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:23 AM
BarkLikeADog

^Everybody knows this guy is coming. No one even knows his name much less how to contact him.
6/11/14 8:23 AM
Misedukatd
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can the company access the ex-manager's work email? the contact info is probably somewhere in there.
6/11/14 8:27 AM
fanat

BarkLikeADog - ^Everybody knows this guy is coming. No one even knows his name much less how to contact him.
How is this even possible?

Nobody has seen his resume or any personal information for background check or something? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:28 AM
BarkLikeADog

"Can the company access the ex-manager's work email? the contact info is probably somewhere in there."

He sabotaged the data. They can't access anyone's email.
6/11/14 8:32 AM
thedogofdogs
1019 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell owners that this guy coming can sue their asses off or worse be like me, and f their shit up, so they better have a job for this guy when he gets there!

6/11/14 8:33 AM
BarkLikeADog

"How is this even possible? "

Manager invites prospect for interview. Has me conduct it on property. I return my opinion to manager & think nothing of it until manager splits. It's just a mom & pop; no HR department, no giant paper trail on every detail of daily events.
6/11/14 8:35 AM
Sinful1
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what kind of Company is it? If it has more location don't they have an IT department?
6/11/14 8:42 AM
BarkLikeADog

^"It's just a mom & pop"
6/11/14 8:48 AM
Misedukatd
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BarkLikeADog - "Can the company access the ex-manager's work email? the contact info is probably somewhere in there."

He sabotaged the data. They can't access anyone's email.

Damn, the guy is good. Well, I am out of ideas.
6/11/14 8:50 AM
lordbreakdown
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd just explain the situation to whoever is above the guy who split. The answer is probably the tough decision, that someone is gonna have to tell the new guy he doesn't actually have a job and is gonna have to move back home. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:54 AM
stopclock

Sounds like BLAD should hire the kid as an independent contractor as well so you can both watch the ugly unfolding of said turmoil.
Just write his employment off in your taxes under charity lol. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 8:56 AM
baj54

BarkLikeADog - "Sounds like the original manager is in a world of trouble."

Yes, it's wicked ugly.

The guy didn't provide you with a copy of his resume when he interviewed? Shouldn't his address have been on that? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.