UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Bizarre workplace problem

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/11/14 9:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BarkLikeADog
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^There was no resume & even if there had been, I'd have turned it over to the manager when I gave him my opinion. I'm not an HR guy; I was casually asked to interview this poor fella because I know the position, not because I know HR.

Hindsight's 20/20 here. There was nothing to indicate this was going to blow up into something this shitty.
6/11/14 9:10 AM
DOODE
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did the new guy mention where he was from? If you have his name and city google may be of help. You are under no obligation to this guy (since the outgoing manager is the one who is screwing him) but I understand you want to help him out (the new guy and not the manager). I would want to as well if I were you.

If you can't find him maybe give the outgoing manager a call and mention that this dude is going to be royally screwed if he is not informed of the recent changes. Maybe the old manager is not THAT bad of a person and gives him a call.
6/11/14 9:41 AM
cruedi
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will the outgoing manager talk to you at all? forget the company, I would just remind him that's there is somebody about to move across country and have no job or income.
6/11/14 10:01 AM
cdmontgo
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give the kid a handjob and send him on his way.
6/11/14 10:08 AM
Back from the dead
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you remember his name and where he's from? You can probably track him down with just that info.
6/11/14 10:11 AM
Jump Kick
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back from the dead - Do you remember his name and where he's from? You can probably track him down with just that info.
No, OP has no recollection of anything, can't you read?!

;) Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 10:14 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Maybe an outside IT consulting firm can restore the data or access whatever he locked.

6/11/14 10:19 AM
banco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When the guy turns up give him the old manager's address.
6/11/14 10:38 AM
SMOKING MANHOLE
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone considered legal action?

Jakesheilds.jpg Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 10:39 AM
SMOKING MANHOLE
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cruedi - will the outgoing manager talk to you at all? forget the company, I would just remind him that's there is somebody about to move across country and have no job or income.
No kidding.

Maybe just maybe he's got a soul and a tad of decency left.

I feel bad for the guy moving.

Do you recall where he's moving from op? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 10:41 AM
SMOKING MANHOLE

Does your company have a Facebook page by chance?

If so see if you could pick his face out of the friend list or member list. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 10:45 AM
Al Cappucino
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No offense OP, but your company sounds like it's run by a bunch of incompetent morans.
6/11/14 11:05 AM
fungus_umungus
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Al Cappucino - No offense OP, but your company sounds like it's run by a bunch of incompetent morans.

This, kinda...Don't mean to sound like a dick bro, but it just seems like there wasn't any protocols or security to prevent this sort of thing from occurring.

HR doesn't have at least an electronic copy of this mans resume? No email address in your sent items or someones inbox? No Hardcopy of the resume lying around? No Admin account to be able to override your managers credentials and open up documents?
6/11/14 11:06 AM
Al Cappucino
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RefriedJinx - For those that don't know BarKLikeADogs shtick already, he is a troll.

He posts impossible situations for which there is no solution. Example, a couple months ago he posted about his dog who wouldn't drink water.

There is no employee on his way. Phone Post 3.0

Gotcha. Thanks.
6/11/14 12:03 PM
SMOKING MANHOLE

RefriedJinx - For those that don't know BarKLikeADogs shtick already, he is a troll.

He posts impossible situations for which there is no solution. Example, a couple months ago he posted about his dog who wouldn't drink water.

Lol. I remember that thread but didn't realize it was op. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 12:05 PM
cdmontgo
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RefriedJinx - For those that don't know BarKLikeADogs shtick already, he is a troll.

I thought it was pretty clear when he claimed he was a contractor who interviewed a guy for another company.
6/11/14 12:06 PM
PatK
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What Savage Napkin said

6/11/14 2:19 PM
BarkLikeADog
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/11/14 2:28 PM
I don't have a dog & have never claimed to. Anyone with a blue name can search & ttt whatever thread jinx is talking about & prove me wrong if I'm full of it.

I do have a cat that pukes a lot.

That said, this *is* an unresolvable situation & I'm not looking for a solution. I'm just sharing a crazy story from my daily life. If you don't dig it, OK. There are other threads here.
6/11/14 2:26 PM
BarkLikeADog

"No offense OP, but your company sounds like it's run by a bunch of incompetent morans."

Yes, the company I'm contracting to is in a comedy of errors. FWIW, that's kind of the norm in entertainment, & here in Vegas, which this is both.

It's a small mom & pop; this guy was in charge of everything & was able to do a lot damage on the way out.
6/11/14 2:29 PM
sacredhate
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

somebody, somewhere, must have a signed offer letter if the guy is packing up his shit and moving.

your HR should know...and if you have his computer it should be in the old manager's past correspondence.

otherwise, when the guy shows up, pretend you never heard of him before...deny, deny, deny. (just kidding, if the old managers old correspondence doesn't give you the info, hunt him down and beat him).
6/11/14 2:38 PM
BarkLikeADog

"Don't mean to sound like a dick bro, but it just seems like there wasn't any protocols or security to prevent this sort of thing from occurring."

Yup. Owners were ignorant, no fixing that now. They changed the locks on the building but gave little thought to the IT situation. Email & scheduling was all via gmail, social media, cloud storage & cell phones all done through accounts he controls. They didn't even bother to unplug the local network 'til they could hire someone who knows something. It's hilarious.
6/11/14 2:47 PM
BarkLikeADog

"somebody, somewhere, must have a signed offer letter if the guy is packing up his shit and moving."

Again, this is a small mom & pop. There is no HR, no IT, just the one manager in charge of everything for a couple of naive investors. Picture a non-chain restaurant, apartment building, auto shop - any mom & pop. It's not an uncommon situation.
6/11/14 3:15 PM
The Regulator
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are you going to do OP if guy shows up, finds out he has no job, blames you and threatens to wreck your world as you did his?

Besides shit your pants. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 3:18 PM
BarkLikeADog

^I'm going to tell him the truth - that I didn't recommend him for the job.
6/11/14 3:21 PM
cruedi
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can hope the guy calls to ask some questions about where to live etc. Have the owners files criminal charges against the ex-manager?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.