UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Do you know anyone famous?

6/11/14 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you friends or acquainted with anyone famous?

When Ryan Dunn was alive and doing that show "Room Raiders" my friend used to work on the show and actually was on an episode himself. He and Dunn became good friends after. He would invite us to MTV hosted parties, all the jackass guys would be there and other celebrity-ish people as well. Dunn would also go to our parties once in a while. Cool fucking dude RIP.

Tyler, The Creator- Skated with he and his dudes here and there back in the day. We're actually still cool, a few years ago he signed my friends band Trash Talk to (his label) Odd Future which was awesome.

Social Distortion- I do merch for them every time they do local so-cal shows.

Juninho from the LA Galaxy- He used to be a regular at my barbershop. He gave me a jersey and picture signed by all the players, which I framed and hung up. Also would always assign us tickets whenever we wanted to go. Really awesome guy. Unfortunately we sold the shop. Still takes the time to say what's up after games when he sees me and the family though.

And this last one I wouldn't call him "famous" but he's on tv a lot now...

Emanuel Newton- Bellator lhw champ. Friends since 03, and he's the reason I got hardcore into mma. Hands down one of the nicest people on earth. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:02 PM
Z NEDCMK1
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a very close friend who is an academy award or oscar award ( I don't know the difference) winning writer, producer, and director.

He is a cool guy, very normal dude.

6/11/14 2:07 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Z NEDCMK1 -

I have a very close friend who is an academy award or oscar award ( I don't know the difference) winning writer, producer, and director.

Yeah, celebrities that aren't assholes I can appreciate. Actually make me happy they have all that money and "made it". Humble people are rare hah. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:08 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF

Same guy that worked on Room Raiders now has a show on Comedy Central called Triptank. Funny fucking show. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:10 PM
Metal Box Combatives
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trash talk shows are fun. Phone Post 3.0
cruedi
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not really famous, but I know Brett and Wade from Tanked. I know Max Lucado, although not really well. He will say hello when he sees me.
Harlem Savoy
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i go way back with John Mauer from Social D.

my grandfather was the Big Band Leader for Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin during their shows. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:11 PM
spjackson77
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm jealous of your social d gig….how is mike ness? I can't imagine him not being a badass
6/11/14 2:12 PM
jvwand
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay Cutler (body builder not QB) was my dad's best friend when I was growing up. It was to the point where I was told to call him "Uncle Jay."

Him and my Dad had a falling out, but everytime he is in FL I shoot him a text and usually see him.

The most down to earth dude ever, did not feel any different than when we used to chill in my living room and rice cakes when I was a kid (We literally had a whole drawer of those things fully stocked at all times).
6/11/14 2:13 PM
spjackson77
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at the social d concert at house of blues in san diego last year….probably saw you
groundfighter2000
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm facebook friends with tons of celebs!
pennviachoke
1119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've met a ton of famous people but none are 'friends'...josh booty is the most famous friend I have.

I text/talk regularly to Kal Penn & Troy Mandaloniz but that's all I got Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:15 PM
Altofsky
691 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BushkillBlades.com, Knifemaker
Not friends friends, but I hung out with Evan Seinfeld back in 99-2000. He was banging my guitarists sister at the time. Weird dude. Funny, but weird. Looks like hell these days. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:16 PM
Luncha Libre
1151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butterbean
6/11/14 2:18 PM
snakepitz
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope

Hope to meet some famous people someday though
6/11/14 2:18 PM
Z NEDCMK1
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF - 
Z NEDCMK1 -

Yeah, celebrities that aren't assholes I can appreciate. Actually make me happy they have all that money and "made it". Humble people are rare hah. Phone Post 3.0

Guy is all heart, really good dude. Shocking considering he is super successful and had a really hard upbringing. His brother was murdered, and a book and movie were later written/made that had a main character that was supposed to be his brother and it was all lies.

A lot of stuff that couls have left him jaded but... no he isn't, just a happy go lucky how can I help you kind of guy.

Pretty cool.

6/11/14 2:19 PM
Z NEDCMK1

Edited: 06/11/14 2:19 PM
snakepitz - Nope

Not everyone gets the privelage. I talked cigars with Frank Vincent twice at Davidoff on Madison. Unfortunately for you, you will probably never have such an experience to hang with such a cool guy.

6/11/14 2:19 PM
Misedukatd
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

snakepitz - Nope

never give up, it can happen for you
6/11/14 2:24 PM
The Super Bean
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm friends with Scott Jones. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:28 PM
In Limbo
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/12/14 9:06 AM

EDITED to remove names and pic bc of white knighting that has been going on around here lately

ive met a few a listers and such thru my wifes job but im not friends with them

but my wife became really good friends with these 2 hotties who were her work clients bc they hit it off so well

they arent a listers but they are "super models" i always forget the blonde's name but she was some victoria secret/sports illustrated model

i jsut wanted to post this one pic for all the OGers that hang with supermodels

and my brother owns a recording studio so he;'s become friends with some really well known musicians

Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF

spjackson77 - I'm jealous of your social d gig….how is mike ness? I can't imagine him not being a badass
He's a really nice guy. Always sends people to check up on us to see if we're doing ok- hungry, thirsty, enough shade, etc. and he always makes sure we take merch for the family. Also gives us band wristbands for access to free drinks.

Only had one bad experience (which was a misunderstanding).
This lady came over to the booth at The Hootenanny last year and just came up to me and said "I need 3 band pics and 2 shirts. Mike said to dock them" I had no idea who she was or anything, so I told her no, she needed to call him or bring someone we knew. she made a big scene and Mike had to stop their sound check to come over to the booth... Apparently she was related to him. He was kinda mad, but I told him I wasn't gonna just give out free shit to people that come and say they knew him or the band. He was more mad over him being dragged out to straighten things out and there being absolutely no reception there. No biggie. Phone Post 3.0
snakepitz
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Z NEDCMK1 - 
snakepitz - Nope

Not everyone gets the privelage. I talked cigars with Frank Vincent twice at Davidoff on Madison. Unfortunately for you, you will probably never have such an experience to hang with such a cool guy.

Thanks for being a dick and rubbing it in my face
6/11/14 2:32 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF

spjackson77 - I was at the social d concert at house of blues in san diego last year….probably saw you
Awesome! I was there haha. Me and another friend were doing merch. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/14 2:33 PM
MuayThaiMania
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol I ain't been here that long and even I know snakepitz knows tons of celebs. You wanna do a list for us pitz? Phone Post
6/11/14 2:33 PM
In Limbo
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my friends and i used to skate with harold hunter (RIP), the black guy from KIDS....in fact we also skated with Leo fitzpatrick (the main character of KIDS) when he used to work at the willowbrook mall in jersey as well as justin pierce (casper) back in the day

but that was more of a skateboard thing.....all active skaters are linked with "celeb" skaters if they get out at all

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.