UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Is Detroit dangerous?

6/13/14 2:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HST - My girlfriend's family is trying to convince me that there is no police force. Phone Post 3.0
She's never heard of robocop? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:55 AM
ima zombie
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HST -
ima zombie - Naa I live 10 mins away from the D, where Comerica is isn't that bad of an area at all; you'll be fine. Phone Post 3.0

Is it a good place to watch a ball game?
Awesome, awesome ballpark. Have fun go tigs! Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 2:59 AM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ima zombie -
HST -
ima zombie - Naa I live 10 mins away from the D, where Comerica is isn't that bad of an area at all; you'll be fine. Phone Post 3.0

Is it a good place to watch a ball game?
Awesome, awesome ballpark. Have fun go tigs! Phone Post 3.0
Its a trap

Next he'll offer to meet you so you dont gotta go alone

Next thing you getting raped by crackheads behind circle k Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 3:34 AM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passive Jay - 
Mark1 - 
HST -
BendosSMOOTHshaft - 
HST - Jeez. Day time ball game though?

Every city has it's bad areas. You'll be fine man. Unless you plan on driving through the hood with your windows down playing David Allen Coe, you'll be fine.

That's what I figured. The Canadians I'm visiting are talking to me like I'm a crazy person and saying people don't even stop at red lights there for fear of being car jacked.

Thus, none will loan me their car and I'm going to have to get a rental.

Lol. You watch too much tv/talk to too many Canadians.

Downtown, midtown, corktown, etc are all perfectly fine areas. The dangerous parts are some of the neighborhoods (brightmoor, etc)

Are you driving down that day or are you planing on spending the night?

Mark Phone Post 3.0

as always mark has the correct info. Detroits downtown is about as safe as any downtown area. Just dont go exploring the city without a guide to keep you out of the shady areas.

anywhere, if anywhere is downtown newark, camden, most part of downtown LA, atlanta, DC, juarez, bogata, you get the picture

Wyoming St. / Orangelawn St. Detroit

Violent crimes per 1,000: 90.82
Chance of becoming a victim: One in 11
6/13/14 7:51 AM
Passive Jay
2045 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but wyoming and orangelawn is not near downtown.

6/13/14 11:44 AM
sreiter

Passive Jay - 

pfffft - this is the OG damn it, dont get all "fact-ie" with me!!!!!
6/13/14 6:12 PM
HST
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TampabayMMA - Youd drive 8 hrs round trip to see a baseball game all by yourself while leaving your gf in canada? You got bigger problems than road trip safety bro. Phone Post 3.0

My gf is from Toronto and her family is there. I'm not sure why it would be a problem to leave her to visit with her family while I go watch a major league ball game during one day of our 7 day trip.
6/13/14 6:16 PM
Passive Jay
2045 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sreiter - 
Passive Jay - 

pfffft - this is the OG damn it, dont get all "fact-ie" with me!!!!!

my bad, forgot where we were for a second!

DONT GO OP, YOU WILL DIE FOR SURE!

6/13/14 7:41 PM
MeLurkingLongTime
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'll be fine going to a ball game there. Done it many times...I live in Ontario. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 7:47 PM
Passive Jay

Plus once you get back you can tell people you have been to Detroit and they will assume you must be some sort of bad ass to voluntarily go to a place like that.

6/13/14 7:50 PM
TFK_Cletus Redpecker III
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The neighborhood around Camden Yard is shadier than the area around Comerica.
You'll be fine. Just stay within five blocks of the ball park. Don't go sightseeing. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/14 9:36 PM
Mark1

TFK_Cletus Redpecker III - The neighborhood around Camden Yard is shadier than the area around Comerica.
You'll be fine. Just stay within five blocks of the ball park. Don't go sightseeing. Phone Post 3.0
You can go all the way up to midtown or corktown. That's much more than 5 blocks

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.